• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KIDNEEU/killer-is-dead-nightmare-edition

Killer is Dead Nighmare Edition -66% or 6.80€

Not very special, however it gives back 4.62€ in credit, which makes it ~2.2€ or -89%.

Might be glitch, but they lowered credit amount (was 5.15€) before sale started, so it can be legit too.

Thanks for the heads up, friend. Jumped on the offer without a second thought.

so today is my birthday , to celebrate it take some games that i like ;)

Happy Birthday!

So I was wondering... Why are we and a few others got demoted to community yet the destiny group up thread is still in gaming? Like that's practically what the smash 3ds it turned to but it was put in community. What's up with that

Happy birthday !

Morning my good people! Phew, it's been a while since I've checked things, and my first time posting in our new "home". I have no idea how many threads already been here, I've been on GAF some minutes each day but I lacked the time to make a proper post in a while. Things are okay, but could be better...but hey, no time for sad things, only positive thoughts! :)

Hello Monk ! glad to see you post, all Australians should be like you.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KIDNEEU/killer-is-dead-nightmare-edition

Killer is Dead Nighmare Edition -66% or 6.80€

Not very special, however it gives back 4.62€ in credit, which makes it ~2.2€ or -89%.

Might be glitch, but they lowered credit amount (was 5.15€) before sale started, so it can be legit too.
This is tempting, but considering I'm juggling between three recently acquired games (Valkyria Chronicles, Rogue Legacy and Super Time Force Ultra) I should probably wait at least until the winter sale before I buy KiD.

Morning my good people! Phew, it's been a while since I've checked things, and my first time posting in our new "home". I have no idea how many threads already been here, I've been on GAF some minutes each day but I lacked the time to make a proper post in a while. Things are okay, but could be better...but hey, no time for sad things, only positive thoughts! :)

How are you my great GAFfers doing? Thanks to the thread title I now know there's a sale coming, so thanks for that! I also saw that Valkyria Chronicles did well on PC which is great, hope the game is running well on PC. I also caught a thread for Steam-news only and that is good for people who have not been able to catch most of the recent things.

As always, feel free to PM or chat me on Steam when I can't be around if you ever need anything and I promise to answer as soon as possible. Also, thank you for those who remembered me in these last days. Here's a couple of strong, black espresso coffee for those starting the week:

F8O3VAY.gif
Was wondering about you the other day, good to hear from you man. Gonna grab some coffee to honor this gif.

Happy birthday!

MadGear

Have we talked about how awesome Dragon Age in this thread yet? Because it's awesome.

I don't want to hear about it in this thread ... because i still don't know if i should buy it this year or rather spend money on the upcoming steam sales (wont do both because if DA:O is any indication Inquisition would keep my occupied for month).
Does the trip to mexico thing still work anyway? I believe that i read in the previous steam thread about someone getting his copy refunded by EA.
I wouldn't spend 60€ on it either way but could get it for 50€ with the discount voucher a friend gave me however thats still about 15€ more than i would pay for the "mexican version".

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Have we talked about how awesome Dragon Age in this thread yet? Because it's awesome.

Dragon Age was indeed awesome. Shame that the same can't be said about the sequels. It's Deus Ex all over again.
First one amazing, second one garbage, third one pretty okay but extremly boiled down

wetflame

Pizza Dog
excellent point, but I don't feel like playing Market Roulette.

Think that's probably a good idea. I never hold much stock in the idea of selling cards at £1+ as in most cases the people who are buying them are aware of how quickly the prices can drop, and with buy orders in place people are far more content to wait for a low price they're happy with. If crafting cards gave more valuable rewards it'd be different, but as the system stands I just don't see the value for the most part.

I don't want to hear about it in this thread ... because i still don't know if i should buy it this year or rather spend money on the upcoming steam sales (wont do both because if DA:O is any indication Inquisition would keep my occupied for month).
Does the trip to mexico thing still work anyway? I believe that i read in the previous steam thread about someone getting his copy refunded by EA.
I wouldn't spend 60€ on it either way but could get it for 50€ with the discount voucher a friend gave me however thats still about 15€ more than i would pay for the "mexican version".

It worked for me when I preordered it. Was $45 for the deluxe. It's totally work it....You can easily sink 80-100 hours in this thing. The areas are massive.

Dragon Age was indeed awesome. Shame that the same can't be said about the sequels. It's Deus Ex all over again.
First one amazing, second one garbage, third one pretty okay but extremly boiled down

So much wrong in this post.

Tizoc

Umh, aren't Trapezohedrons in sell in a shop? I'm pretty sure, when I completed a mission, the game gave me a shop as reward (biomedic something), and that one sell Trapezohedrons.

Correct, but they are fucking expensive and you might only ever be able to buy 1 in a single playthrough.

The method I linked to will allow you to get Trapez items more efficiently for the most part.

Sajjaja

So I was wondering... Why are we and a few others got demoted to community yet the destiny group up thread is still in gaming? Like that's practically what the smash 3ds it turned to but it was put in community. What's up with that
Because this thread is obsessed with red heads and waifus and hentai games.

Fantastapotamus

No, but I'm one of those "Deus Ex 3 was pretty good though" people.

Not gonna argue with that. It was a good game, I personally just didn't enjoy it that much.
Though I would fight you if you claimed it was better then the original. Or that DE2/DA2 were anything but garbage

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think I've played any GTA seriously. It's not like it's a real life simulator or anything. Dive in, finish the story, get fed up with the collectables and side stuff for 100% and just go round causing havoc. Rinse and repeat for 6 entries and a whole host of side and hand held/mobile games.

Basically what I've done.

I haven't finished Vice City Stories since it's a buggy Piece of Shit, though. I should probably finish Chinatown Wars PSP though.

Miguel81

Human Rev was more than okay imo. It had a lot of love put into it, and the DC commentary was amazing. It's a worthy successor to the original(never played 2).

Edit: The Missing Link mucked things up a bit, pacing-wise.

Monooboe

Damn, Dragon Age Inquisition is so good. Haven't been able to stop playing, even missed that there was a new Steam thread.:D I got a cold so been home sick, I think my body somehow just knew I needed to be home.

Copons

Quick question: how do GamersGate's Blue Coins work?
Will I be able to use them to cover just part of a future purchase (something like paying on Steam with part wallet and part credit card)?

Catshade

Will I be able to use them to cover just part of a future purchase (something like paying on Steam with part wallet and part credit card)?

I think you have to use it in full, and any 'free' or promotional blue coins expire in one year.

Monooboe

My impression was that you either buy with bluecoins or with money. Never actually tried it though.

Deques

If blue coins are not enough then you will use real money to cover the rest of the cost

I am error

Grief.exe

Interesting comparison between the two series.

You could almost say the same about the Bioshock series as well, except I found the second to be the best of the series. Of course, Bioshock is just an extremely streamlined System Shock.

Guys go buy Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Not drinking the Koolaid.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Patch 1.4.0 for Far Cry 4 appears to be downloading. 563.7 mb. The only details I could find on it so far are a fix for the blackscreen issue people have been having.

JustLynx

Patch 1.4.0 for Far Cry 4 appears to be downloading. 563.7 mb. The only details I could find on it so far are a fix for the blackscreen issue people have been having.

Finally! After a week I might be able to finally play the game..!

Edit: it's some other patch, not the 1.4... I still have blackscreen ...

Alavard

Having already played through it at launch on console, replaying FFXIII on Steam now actually makes it feel like an even worse game to me than I remember.

The first two hours are some kind of torture. Why they decided to stick so many battles in that portion before you can level up at all I will never know. And sadly, Snow is actually one of the better characters for that part of the game as he's one of the few that will actually speak his damn mind and say something.

Still, there's something that that keeps me playing it, so it must not be *that* bad.

Turfster

Isn't it awesome when your whole internet just dies for 12 hours...

Is DRAGON THE GAME good? I might buy it.

There is no game, at this point.

yea chapter 7 in valkyria is kind of bullshit

this game is awesome tho, i love it
It was. I A-ranked that mother anyway.
It wouldn't have been so bad if
A) they'd added save/load keys so you didn't have to go through 20 menus each time. It's the fucking PC, you have a keyboard, just bind save/load to F keys, guys.
B) you could fucking abort watching the enemy turn as
Selvaria used all 20 AP to slowly but surely one-hit slaughter your entire team if you didn't position them just right
and you have to wait whole minutes before you can actually do ANYTHING, even loading. The times I alt-F4'd the fuck out of there...

Gamesplanet is doing a Black Friday sale this week with dailies (check DRM), including South Park 55% off today

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finally! After a week I might be able to finally play the game..!

Edit: it's some other patch, not the 1.4... I still have blackscreen ...

Main menu is saying 1.4.0 for me. Weird thing is that the download switched to 33 mb for me after I moved it up the queue to check it out.

Fantastapotamus

Interesting comparison between the two series.

You could almost say the same about the Bioshock series as well, except I found the second to be the best of the series. Of course, Bioshock is just an extremely streamlined System Shock.

Now that you mention it, yeah. Except I also though BS2 was the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom