• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody played Betrayer?

I got to the point where it told me to press x and listen..but nothing happens.

and some clue to go find some hill well..there are many

So lost....

When you listen you should hear a faint sound in the distance, after pressing x you can rotate and move around and try to find where the sound is coming from.

Miguel81

I just want a Steam controller, already.

Definitely. I'm very intrigued with the trackpads and extra rear buttons, they should come in handy in games that support directinput. Unfortunately, Valve are taking their time and the DS4 will continue gaining traction. I'd much rather have a Steam controller become the standard PC pad.

Tesseract

Banned
TnMdYhE.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I still can't tell if this is a meta commentary on those visual novel dating sims and is a deconstruction of the genre of if it's just a weird one. Basically if it's the former I'd be interested in trying it, if it's just the latter then I probably won't.

It was all good until the deadshot boss. It ruined the game for me.

I cannot sanction QTE boss fights of that magnitude.

Oh yeah, I hated that. Mostly because I just couldn't figure out the cues. I'm sure there are hundreds of people out there who had no problem whatsoever with it and will tell me how easy it is, but I spent a frustrated hour or two against that boss without having much clue of when I was supposed to be blocking, when I was supposed to attack, what stage of which animations I had to wait for to use items, etc. Not great.

Turfster

Greenmangaming's deal of the day is SEGA classics 75% off (Jet Set Radio, Alpha Protocol, Virtua Tennis 4, The Club, Hell Yeah, Space Siege)

Asgaro

GTAV will become the first GTA that I play seriously.

I recommend to first play GTA San Andreas again.

That's what I'm gonna do anyway in the coming months when I have time...
(I don't plan to buy GTA V on release anyway. We all know it will be a clusterfuck à la Ubisoft.)

Advantages of quickly doing a playthrough of GTA San Andreas:

- You will encounter certain locations in GTA V again.
- You will appreciate the evolution of those locations between the 2 games.
- The nostalgia feel! SA is quite old so its nice to do a trip down memory lane.
- Community patches and mods can fix the game and make it a bit more beautiful than how you originally played it.
- For you specifically: since you never played it seriously, it will feel fresh to you. (Personally, I played it through but I don't remember the second half of the game campaign wise at all...)

Chariot

Oh dear.
I installed AMD raptr for video capture, which told me that my AMD Catalyst drivers weren't recent, so I installed and downloaded them. Now I wanted to test Valkyra Chronicles, but it now has a smaller resolution and huge borders all around. The options are correct, I don't know what to do. Halp.

Turfster

Oh dear.
I installed AMD raptr for video capture, which told me that my AMD Catalyst drivers weren't recent, so I installed and downloaded them. Now I wanted to test Valkyra Chronicles, but it now has a smaller resolution and huge borders all around. The options are correct, I don't know what to do. Halp.

Check the overscan options, would be my first thought... depending on how "huge" they are.
(I basically don't let the stupid catalyst center run on my system because it's such a pos)

Gamersgate updated their pre-thanksgiving sale dailies

That's weird. I dont feel I can use it since I've never played it though

Yea, I think its the ears. Pigeons don't have those (at least not big monkey ones).

Never played it either, but I think I'll wait for a deep discount before I ever do, goty or not.

iosefe

Oh dear.
Fix scaling in the AMD options?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I recommend to first play GTA San Andreas again.

That's what I'm gonna do anyway in the coming months when I have time...
(I don't plan to buy GTA V on release anyway. We all know it will be a clusterfuck à la Ubisoft.)

Advantages of quickly doing a playthrough of GTA San Andreas:

- You will encounter certain locations in GTA V again.
- You will appreciate the evolution of those locations between the 2 games.
- The nostalgia feel! SA is quite old so its nice to do a trip down memory lane.
- Community patches and mods can fix the game and make it a bit more beautiful than how you originally played it.

I would say only do this if you're actively interested in playing San Andreas. I find going back to previous entries in the GTA series very hard once I've played later ones, once you've played GTA V you won't want to spend hours playing San Andreas, so it's better to play now before V spoils it for you. It's a decent game, but if you're choosing between which to spend your time on then GTA V wins, no contest. In terms of gameplay, at least.

Oh dear.

you want to record your games?? i would recommend using obs or mirillis action

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Deadshot wasn't a QTE boss fight. I think you mean Deathstroke. And Deathstroke wasn't a QTE bossfight either.

Deathstroke was a QTE boss without the button prompts. You basically had to follow the exact pattern of timings and attacks and react quickly to counter, there wasn't much freedom to attack in any other way.

Chariot

Check the overscan options, would be my first thought... depending on how "huge" they are.

Fix scaling in the AMD options?
Overscan is on maxium and my normal desktop looks normal as well.

Massive Chalice is the same as VC, but Hatoful Boyfriend is on the fullscreen.
edit: Risk of Rain and Remember Me work, but Payday 2 isn't. I can't guess a pattern here.
you want to record your games?? i would recommend using obs or mirillis action
I may try them later, thank you, but atm I have to fix my games D,:

FloatOn

Deathstroke was a QTE boss without the button prompts. You basically had to follow the exact pattern of timings and attacks and react quickly to counter, there wasn't much freedom to attack in any other way.

exactly the margin for error was zero. no creativity allowed. which means no fun allowed. which means shitty game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Except there was freedom.

I guess I was playing it wrong. I felt like I had to memorise exact sequences of button presses and timings to beat each part of the fight with little indication on what I should be doing. Eventually I was saying to myself "ok so I guess I attack three times and then block and then do this and that and then I won't get hit too often and I might scrape through the fight". Later parts were a little easier as you could run away a little more and give yourself some time to react, but I'd always have been beaten down to little to no health by that point. It was no fun at all on the twentieth time through. Obviously you had an easier time with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom