• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
please, gross and useless, don't forget gross

but but but you taught me how to make delicious soup

iSZKnY2WZWiMX.gif

useless, everyone's useless

I think we both know it's not going to happen.

aren't you supposed to be in exile

get out of here

Lain

I'm not looking forward to the sale at all. I'm swamped with playing World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (which is a great expansion by the way, a testament about why year after year I keep coming back to WoW while no other MMO is able to keep me for long) and spent a lot of money on other things this month. Hopefully it'll be all shitty deals and games I already have.

Also have this spare:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wickland -- MB-381557E12AD6D903 - Taken by Milamber

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope your bet is wrong, or at least 20 with a proper change (not 1:1) AND discounted.

Oh, there'll definitely be a pre-purchase discount. I say $20 because that's what the RRP is on consoles and the inclusion of the DLC makes up for the base price not being lower.

So, how are we supposed to buy cheap games from Russia now that gift copies have 30 days trade lock?
Any suggestions?

If you pay via PayPal then nothing has really changed at your end since you're generally expected to go first, anyway. The trader just has to send the gifts directly -- either through Steam itself or via e-mail.

JaseC

There are no DLC on console, both DejaVu and JamaisVu are free for One and PS4 (and included in the game disc, JV for One, DV for PS4).

The more you know! Still, $20 is a point where you can't expect the PC version to be cheaper. Final prognostication: $20 base price, $15 as a Daily Deal.

I don't get why Wickland is multi only...

pretty much DOA :/

Yeah, missed opportunity there for a spiritual successor to Hexen 2.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Im a Manatee, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Im a Manatee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-3B2116CF486A566F - Taken by TheLight. 23 entrants total.
Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-C3675FC812368FC8

t1417029434z1.png

Deques

You can't. Or you probably will find russian keys on dispenser.tf one month after each sale, but probably they will be "full price".

I was thinking that since we can still send as gift, maybe we as buyers have to go first by giving the trader keys and then receive the game(s) as gift
But this way is risky and the chance of being scammed is pretty high, unless it is a reputable trader

Milamber

So, how are we supposed to buy cheap games from Russia now that gift copies have 30 days trade lock?
Any suggestions?

Even digital now will be subject to the digital ocean's 30 day travel wait time. We shall all wait for our Russian games on February 2015.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is that Wind Waker looking game Rime a PS4 exclusive?

zkylon

zkylewd

i'm really not a fan of the potential system

it feels random and the game in general hides stats from you way too much

like everything says "upon x condition raises/lowers your parameters" but what parameters? i can't even tell

feels like a wasted opportunity

leveling is also just as bizarrely obscure. i like the class leveling thing but again i have no idea what leveling does besides giving me more seemingly useless potentials

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

99 Levels to Hell -- MB-D9E74A4A9E03BD63 - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-FF0A119792C64E64 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.

t1416989321z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Sword Director's Cut -- MB-FBA38B52FB9F33A4 - Taken by Shadownet. 3 entrants total.
Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-17BB4766BC98B642 - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-FB7BAE1B746ED3B4 - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-D7551B54A2DF6035 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 4 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-2FA7A1E2D0CF96EB - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.

t1416999521z1.png

maybe then you'd appreciate Proteus

I'm sure Proteus is much better than my initial impressions [when played on a playstation console of some sort]...

--

Also, Akaneiro is free on Desura, so unless you WANT to pay money for it, there's no reason to EVER buy it on Steam.

zkylon

zkylewd
i find it hilarious how if you ctrl+alt+supr and check your programs while running valkyria it says "valkyria chronicle" instead of chronicles

like how does that even happen

Doesn't sound that far fetched to me. Ground Zeroes is just a demo for MGS5 anyway.

Sure it is.

Maybe MGR:R and LoS2 will be 75% off. Maybe. But those seem STEEP for discounts directly on *Steam* rather than getting keys from other retailers like Gamestop or Amazon. Both games are less than a year old.

Second. MGS:GZ is $20 on PSN. A new PC version with new tech and new features is being put out on PC. You think they're going to charge LESS than the normal PSN price for the game at launch, pre-order discount aside?

Sounds like crazy talk to me.

Knurek

leveling is also just as bizarrely obscure. i like the class leveling thing but again i have no idea what leveling does besides giving me more seemingly useless potentials

More HP/AP for each class.
At level 11 you get Elites, Elite Scouts have a grenade launcher (thrice the range of standard grenades), Elite Shocks have a flamethrower (instakill for crouching enemies), Elite Lancers mortars (did not use), Elite Engineers three grenades instead of one and Elite Snipers... more accuracy I guess.

JaseC

If it helps I hope I'm wrong, but 2 and 3 were PSP games and were never localized, so the port would be more expensive, on the other hand, 1 seems to have done pretty well on steam, so they might bring 2.

2 was localised but 3 was not.

JaseC

If I receive a gift, instead of putting it in my inventory I select "Add to my library", there's no restrinction?

How could there be a trading restriction on something you've added to your library? ;) The new restriction applies to gifts that you buy and store in your inventory -- doing so imposes a 30-day trading cooldown on the items, but they can still be gifted directly (either through Steam or via e-mail).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom