• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steve Rogers to return as Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.
portrait-uncanny-beeef.jpg

holy shit that is really the costume they are gonna give him

Announced on the ABC Captain America special, Steve's back as Cap. Well, a Cap, as Sam will also be Captain America:

It's not a surprising move given that Marvel Studios' "Captain America: Civil War" is out on May 6, which stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers. The character will star in a new Marvel series titled "Captain America: Steve Rogers," from the creative team of writer Nick Spencer and artist Jesus Saiz. Current Cap Sam Wilson will remain in the role, meaning Marvel will have two Captain Americas.

"When Steve handed the shield to Sam, it didn’t come with any caveats. It’s his. Steve respects and admires what his old partner is doing, and wants him to carry on," Spencer told Marvel.com. "There are enough problems out there, and enough bad guys, to keep both of them busy. They’ll have very different missions; Sam will continue fighting the battles no one else will go near, while Steve is faced with a resurgent threat from his past: Hydra is back, and stronger than ever."

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So is the the "Back from the Dead?" thing? Because if so, I called it.

Also, sounds like Captain America Inc.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I don't know anything about comics and I was starting to wonder what the heck had happened to the MCU's Steve Rogers in the past few weeks.

Sandfox

The new shield makes sense given that it will produce energy blades and split in two. Steve getting new toys is really nice.

Afrodium

Banned
Is he still old? I don't really follow Cap comics and haven't read much ANAD, but isn't he just an old guy now? Like, he's still got the personality of Captain America but he mainly gives orders from SHIELD HQ because he's got an old man body. This whole time he could have just slipped on a suit and done Captain America things sans-serum?

Sandfox

Is he still old? I don't really follow Cap comics and haven't read much ANAD, but isn't he just an old guy now? Like, he's still got the personality of Captain America but he mainly gives orders from SHIELD HQ because he's got an old man body. This whole time he could have just slipped on a suit and done Captain America things sans-serum?

He's going to become young again this Spring.

mreddie

Standoff ends with him young again, Sharon too for some odd reason, COMICS!

I don't mind 2 Caps but Slayven nailed it, he's fucking SuperPro.

Vyer

Man, it really sounds like 'we don't really know what to do here, but there's a movie coming out so..."

jackdoe

This makes me kind of miffed that Marvel wouldn't let two Caps run around when it was Bucky's turn. But it's great that they aren't shuffling Sam into the abyss.

MartyStu

2 Captain Americas

Separate but equal.

God. The more i think about it, the angrier it makes me.

It is not even the 'Two Captain Americas' thing. Marvel has been running that concept into the ground for years.

No, it is this nuSteve approach.

It is gross.

MartyStu

3 Spider-Men
3 Spider-Women
2 Thors
2 Captain Americas
2 Hawkeyes

It was cute when it was only Hawkeye. Now this is fucking absurd.

Actually, scratch Thor. Where the fuck is Odinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom