• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steve Rogers to return as Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.
44iLWR4.jpg

...I miss this series so much ;_;

I'm behind on The Mighty Thor, but I'm praying to god that she's gonna stay Thor for the rest of eternity and that this won't do anything in that aspect.

God dammit.
It was already built into the story that man-Thor gets his hammer bank eventually. though since he was an old man they could keep Thor around "forever" but we all know that's not happening.

Not a huge fan of the costume, but I actually like the fact that the shield is a throwback design.

But energy blades are fucking stupid. Get that shit outta here. If Cap needed to cut into something he would pull a shield issue knife from one of those goddamn pouches he has. lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah what was up with that, I saw him Spider-Man and he was old and I was like what when, how did that happen?

In his own run written by Rick Remender, he was fighting a foe that sucked the super serum out of his blood stream. Earlier in the run, they had established that one side effect of the super serum was that it was actually keeping him young (rather than it being only because he was frozen).

When it was sucked out of his body, he rapidly aged. He then handed the shield to Sam to become the new Captain America.

I thought it was a pretty fun run. I recommend reading it.

Not a huge fan of the costume, but I actually like the fact that the shield is a throwback design.

But energy blades are fucking stupid. Get that shit outta here. If Cap needed to cut into something he would pull a shield issue knife from one of those goddamn pouches he has. lol

Energy blades sounds like such a 90's comic thing to do.

In his own run written by Rick Remender, he was fighting a foe that sucked the super serum out of his blood stream. Earlier in the run, they had established that one side effect of the super serum was that it was actually keeping him young (rather than it being only because he was frozen).

When it was sucked out of his body, he rapidly aged. He then handed the shield to Sam to become the new Captain America.

I thought it was a pretty fun run. I recommend reading it.

Except he had it removed in streets of poison and didn't get old

nobody remembers streets of poison :(

Savitar

They feared the backlash of having a movie out when "news" already talked about how Sam was beating up patriotic Americans in snake uniforms for wanting to stop people from crossing the borders.

jph139

I actually think it looks pretty good!

But I'd rather keep Sam as the one and only Cap. Bring back "Commander Rogers" or something!

kswiston

I called this happening in time for the film many months ago, and some of you doubted that Marvel caters to their movie audiences.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
id rather the bladed eagle than the laserwing and constitution shields

I called this happening in time for the film many months ago, and some of you doubted that Marvel caters to their movie audiences.

why? its not like theres much crossover

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
When they recreated the universe in Secret Wars, was he created as a young guy? If not, why is he young again?

Parallax

I don't consider Remender's Uncanny Avengers nonsense as canon. Its that crap that led into Axis.

As far as I'm concerned, Cap came back young.

well, he got nuked by a triskelion as an old man, so thats hickman

I never liked Sam being "promoted" to Captain America, felt it kinda delegitimized his own identity. But he's staying as Captain America? Okay?

Parallax

Cap got old in his stand alone, neither hickman or Remender.
But that's beside the point.

Costume doesn't seem all that bad to me tbh. I'm just glad he's back in young form.

What im saying is that you may not recognize him as an old cantankerous bastard, but him being an old bitch is what got him killed in the end

Drayco21

Shocking news!

Costume and new shield look like garbage. I'm sure he'll reclaim the proper shield and a better costume in time.

Looking forward to Spencer writing Steve.

Ridli

I might have convinced myself I could learn to like the costume, if it hadn't been for those glove pouches.

IrishNinja

status quo before the big anniversary, with Sam getting gypped - whoever saw this coming

Is he still going to be a cranky asshole?

Pay what you owe Rogers

302315-20476-122582-1-nfl-superpro.jpg

goddamn, and here i was trying to think what this shit reminded me of too
also to answer your question: yes

Why folks acting like this is brand new?

1471054-es.jpg

hey remember when marvel fucked up so bad Waid took his ball & left, after that classic earlier run with Garney...thanks Heroes Reborn

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That's surprising... that they're keeping Sam's Cap. Then again, there's multiples of everyone running around now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom