• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steve Rogers to return as Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Looks better here
CZIjvw8VAAA4tlx.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/kristaferanka/status/689652997912039425

Yeah, I don't mind the glove shape, but the mishmash of material and colour is just too much.

The rest of the body is fine IMO

if i recall from old wizard issues correctly, wasn't that editorial's call?

Editorial or not, Waid's name is still on the issue it started in.
The Heroes Return Cap series wasn't that great. Thankfully, Heroes Return did give us the Busiek/Perez run on Avengers, which was god tier.

Geist-

I don't read the comics, so I don't really have anything invested, but am I really the only one who thinks it looks cool? :-/

Captain America is such a weird/dumb superhero. Don't get me wrong, I loved MCU's portrayal but I've always found dedicating a superhero to patriotism of a specific country to be kinda iffy. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

On-topic though, that shield is terrible.

IrishNinja

Editorial or not, Waid's name is still on the issue it started in.
The Heroes Return Cap series wasn't that great. Thankfully, Heroes Return did give us the Busiek/Perez run on Avengers, which was god tier.

ironic given that Waid demanded his name be removed at the end of that arc, though

and ive heard great things about that Avengers arc forever now, should really get around to reading it - do you have issue #'s, or was it just a new volume post-reborn?

Captain America is such a weird/dumb superhero. Don't get me wrong, I loved MCU's portrayal but I've always found dedicating a superhero to patriotism of a specific country to be kinda iffy. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

have you read much of his stuff, though? from byrne to brubaker, he's very much not been about just that

ironic given that Waid demanded his name be removed at the end of that arc, though

and ive heard great things about that Avengers arc forever now, should really get around to reading it - do you have issue #'s, or was it just a new volume post-reborn?

have you read much of his stuff, though? from byrne to brubaker, he's very much not been about just that

It was the new volume post Reborn. It was called Heroes Return.
Busiek wrote #1-15, and then 19-56. Perez was the artist for most issues up till issue 34 or so.
Perez's run includes Ultron Unlimited, aka the best Ultron story. The end of Busiek's run was the awesome Kang Dynasty storyline.

The Kree

Banned
The actual suit design is fine, but the coloring is all over the place. I would prefer something like this (please excuse the half-assed MS paint job):

That's pretty good. I'd like it a little better if the gloves were brown to match the belt.

Slayven

Captain America is a very subversive character he is not the "America Fuck Yeah" folks assume he is. He is the first and loudest to call out the USA when they fucking up. Pick up a few issues you will be surprised
That's some Captain Falcon/Judge Dredd shit

Found a pick with the billy club

2453185-u.s._agent_1_jerry_ordway.jpg

I guess it is no surprise since Civil War is coming out soon, but yeesh, it looks like they designed this so that they could push different looking Cap merchandise since the market is probably flooded with too many variations of the classic look.

I wish Sam’s costume would get a redesign as well. It poorly combines the Classic Cap with Winter Solider Cap with his Falcon get up. They could have tried to better incorporate the Falcon motif into the character like design him after a Bald Eagle or change the suit around so that the wings are like the head wings on the classic Cap costume.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Speaking of Marvel Comics, is it really true Old Man Logan is running around in the regular Marvel Universe now?

If so...why?

Captain America is a very subversive character he is not the "America Fuck Yeah" folks assume he is. He is the first and loudest to call out the USA when they fucking up. Pick up a few issues you will be surprised

Found a pick with the billy club

2453185-u.s._agent_1_jerry_ordway.jpg

Judge Dredd?

Rootbeer

Banned
Not feeling the shield, costume looks like it can't decide on what color scheme it wants to use but it's not the worst of the problems. Cap's shield needs to look like it makes sense to be tossing around and bounding it off of things. The round shield works. I know this redesign is referencing some earlier Cap shields, but they should have left it where it belongs. In the past.

Apdiddy

I'd almost don't mind if Steve Rogers
stays old or older and not become Captain America again.

Because if the explanation for him returning to Captain America is
the Super Soldier Serum re-activated then that's really dumb.

Keep Sam as Captain America, keep the female Thor, keep Logan dead and keep Miles Morales as Spider-Man. I don't mind that characters change and become more diverse, but have the stories make sense and work and have the characters make sense.

DrArchon

Costume looks fine, but I still prefer the round shield shape to the triangle, especially if the triangle comes with a laser edge.

Who's the girl in white? Also I agree that costume is terrible. They really need to just move on from characters, let them retire/die and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom