• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

orioto

Good Art™
Models are clearly nice, lighting, more serious loook.. But those animations nah nha nah, that kimono should floowwww

SykoTech

Lol at them taking it down. Already watched 3 times.

I also doubt this applies to Japan only. If this was one of Sony's bombs for tomorrow (which seems to be the case since it was pulled), it being console exclusive make all the more sense. The whole trailer had an English voiceover to boot.

Not that I care if it ever comes to Xbox or not. The more people that play, the better. I just think people need to except that contrary to popular belief, console exclusive 3rd party "AAA" games are still alive. Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, Deep Down, Guilty Gear, and now Street Fighter. Glad to have always been a multiplatform gamer with no allegiances since I was a kid.

...though I will admit that the Tomb Raider announcement was BS. You shouldn't announce a game as multiplat first and then go "just kidding" a few months later.

Altered_Beast

Neo Member
Well Tomb Raider has forever been a PS and PC franchise, aside some crappy Gameboy games.

Street Fighter always been pushed and pulled everywhere with exclusive games on various systems, so this isn't something new for it.

I don't like any multiplat series going exclusive, but the TR outcry seems more justified.

Both of these are 3rd party franchises. They have been that way for at least a decade.

Alfredo

I hope Capcom takes that Lab Zero controller driver and implements it in SFV. I don't wanna have to buy another $200 arcade stick in addition to a PS4.

M.D

the good old 'day before the announcement trailer' that ruins the announcement

how many times have this happened already? how hard is it to upload a trailer during or after the announcement? or at least make it private to start with??

miserable

meh, looks like sf4

279px-KermitDrinking-Lipton-BeMoreTea-(2014).png

People posting comparison screen shots really aren't helping their case. It looks pretty similar to 4, which is disappointing. Still excited for it though.

Yeah, small changes. Look at how Street Fighter 2 looked and played compared to 1 - completely different game. SFA to 2, completely different. SF3 to SFA, completely different. SF4 to SF3, completely different. SF5 to SF4...looks a whole lot like 4.

Now look at how they look during actual gameplay, not zoomed in really close. Can you tell me if you showed those gameplay clips to someone on the street, they could tell they were from different games? Now could you say the same when showing clips from SF3 and SF4?
If you showed 5 seconds of SF3 footage featuring Ryu using signature moves would anyone say it's a different game from SF2 gameplay wise?

Salex_

This is what Ono said about SFV last year.

Ono would like to make SF5, but expensive; would consider free 2 play Street Fighter
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636461&highlight=ono

Ono lacks the budget & staff Street Fighter V; Ultra SF4 is PS360/PC "at this moment"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624496&highlight=ono

You should ignore that and make mass assumptions instead.

The hypocrisy in this thread is awesome. The bias has become crystal clear.

A forum that has a lot of PC gamers isn't making a big of a deal as the bigger franchise being announced as an XB1 exclusive? I wish people actually thought about the 2 situations before saying this.

allan-bh

Microsoft would've LOVED to get this exclusive as it would have gone a long way to legitimize them among a very vocal and hard core community.

Microsoft has deep pockets, so I'm not sure they would love to get this because they have the money to stop Sony.

tbm24

I hope Capcom takes that Lab Zero controller driver and implements it in SFV. I don't wanna have to buy another $200 arcade stick in addition to a PS4.
Don't kid yourself. Capcom and Madcatz will work hard to make sure you dump another $200 on a fight stick. I'm done buying sticks. Already have 5 of them. Just pad hacked one and called it a day.

2San

so evo is going to be filled with ps4s. was x360 the dominant console last year evo?
Yes, x360 was the defacto console. Afaik the PS3 version had a few frames lag compared to the 360 version. I think the playstation version will be fine this time around.

StuBurns

Banned
If it is exclusive to the PS4 for consoles, then I think Capcom's management problems are far deeper than any of us envisioned. They seem to have almost no confidence to go in alone on any big release this generation. They would have canned Dead Rising 3 without Microsoft's support, and if they can't even be bothered to take a risk on Street Fighter V of all things without Sony being a partner, then the company really has a dismal future.
It's somewhat concerning, absolutely.

MonHun's exclusivity makes a lot of sense, because it's primarily a portable franchise, and the commuter culture of Japan means local multiplayer is more important, so players need a single device. Splitting the userbase would have detrimental affects to the series' value, moreover, the Vita is dead, so they're losing practically nothing. If they can pick up any co-marketing cash from Nintendo in the process, that's a great deal for them, and it makes perfect sense to me.

Looking at Capcom's roaster, this is the one franchise that should have no problem whatsoever getting a next-gen iteration without needing a first party's help. However, it's also the one franchise that people are not only willing to accept multiple versions over the course of the generation, but people actually expect it. If SSF5 is on XBO, no one is going to be surprised, but even that year is surprising to me. If it's really exclusive, all generation, it'll be the biggest exclusive secured since MGS4.

I was shocked by Rise of the Tomb Raider, I really thought third party exclusive would have died by now. It doesn't appear to make any financial sense to me. TitanFall made sense because MS's was just getting a thrashing online, and there was an air of 'I'll wait for the port' surrounding the game, for EA it made sense because they made the deal and suddenly Respawn was dropping the single player, and had no idea what it was, and it had next to no content, etc. RotTR even makes sense, SE don't want to go up against UC4, because they'll be eaten alive, they don't want to lose holiday sales, and MS want an UC4 competitor for counter-programming. But Street Fighter 5? I kind of don't see it for either of them.

I really have to wonder about Resident Evil 7, if that's exclusive, Capcom are clearly utterly fucked.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
i think it's more to do with the fact that you're a rampant shill who makes up sony fan fiction in lieu of actual insider knowledge.

Damn.

OT: I guess this was one the secret games, eh. Would rather have something else from Capcom though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
While shitty, there's going to be 15 SF5 releases this gen, so I'm sure whatever enhanced edition they're planning for in 6 months, Xbone will get that.

For microsoft, you reap what you sow.

for capcom, if you need a console publisher to help make a franchise like SF's next installment, you entire management needs firing

RE_Player

The conversation is going to be dominated by Sony locking this up as an exclusive, which they didn't.

This is a huge get for PC players! Publishers understand the PC is a great market for fighters. This could lead too Tekken on PC!

Chinner

Banned
If it is exclusive to the PS4 for consoles, then I think Capcom's management problems are far deeper than any of us envisioned. They seem to have almost no confidence to go in alone on any big release this generation. They would have canned Dead Rising 3 without Microsoft's support, and if they can't even be bothered to take a risk on Street Fighter V of all things without Sony being a partner, then the company really has a dismal future.

reading between the lines, do you have insider info to suggest that SFV will be xbox exclusive in america?

Top Bottom