• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

Not port begging, but I wonder if the exclusivity of SF5 extends to future platforms. I would so love to see a version of this game on some sort of handheld, even if the visuals were way downgraded.

I got a round off FluxWaveZ...

sweaty-girl-running.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
Not port begging, but I wonder if the exclusivity of SF5 extends to future platforms. I would so love to see a version of this game on some sort of handheld, even if the visuals were way downgraded.

It couldn't hurt. But I don't think it'd come to a handheld because of cross-play.

lol, Necalli is in no way weak. I don't think he has a match that one could consider "bad", he always has options in every matchup.
I actually wasn't talking about Necalli having bad matchups, I was just talking about characters in general having some really hard ones.

Others beat me to it but I feel like Vega is very strong against Necalli. I very rarely lose to him when I play as Vega. And like I said, just because I called him weak doesn't mean I think he shouldn't be played. I think every character is great in this game. The balance is pretty good.

One thing about fighting Flux. If you don't have your meaty timings down, he wil jab the shit out of you lol.

I've noticed. I noticed the first time I played him, lol. Is her wakeup time faster than anyone else's? I swear it seems faster. It might just be the animation.

Edit: Nvm, just me being an idiot. Xrd has made me paranoid about that shit until the end of time.

I got a round off FluxWaveZ...
I took a bunch off Ksabot earlier as well, but I still feel like fertilizer lol.
Birdie is trash. I think most top players agree on that. I mean, that doesn't mean he's unplayable or can't win, but he has a very hard time in this game.
Character archetypes he loses to: fast characters, characters with a projectile, grapplers.
Characters he beats clearly: bison?

Why he sucks: slow, fairly free on wakeup, hard to open up opponent, hard to have momentum since it's hard to get oki with him, struggles against zoners, has to commit too hard, hard to confirm into a combo without being in the opponents face. He's godlike at low level though because he does big damage very easily.

Obviously not the worst char in the game, but either bottom 5 or very close to it.
I guess I just can't see it on paper. He has great command grabs, fantastic damage, some pretty large normals and his standing AA options are solid. His health and stun being so high is a nice bonus too. He might not be the fastest or have the best wakeup game, but that can be said of many characters that possess fewer and less useful tools than Birdie. At the very least I can't see him as a weak grappler. If Mika has any advantages over him it's in the corner.

Man, Alex's EX Stomp sucks. Well actually it's pretty neat but damn do I hate having to aim the damn thing. I feel like a 10 year old trying to drive a damn Ferrari.

i miss it too much so use the grab more instead

EX Stomp is +2 on block so it's actually a nice way to get in. Headbutt is actually good, I need to use it more, but I think you have to condition your opponent to block high for stomp first because it's too slow to use effectively on its own.

I need to get down those stomp/headbutt cancels out of st.mp. It's one of the hardest things execution-wise I've ever had to get down consistently in a fighting game, but it adds so much to his up-close mixup that you can't ignore it.

Edgeward

I actually wasn't talking about Necalli having bad matchups, I was just talking about characters in general having some really hard ones.

Others beat me to it but I feel like Vega is very strong against Necalli. I very rarely lose to him when I play as Vega. And like I said, just because I called him weak doesn't mean I think he shouldn't be played. I think every character is great in this game. The balance is pretty good.

I feel like I personally struggle against Necalli, but then I remember I took games off of super/ultra gold Nec players pretty convincingly on my trip to Gold.

Gief vs Vega is pretty bad though. It's 8-2 at the very least for Vega

Man, Alex's EX Stomp sucks. Well actually it's pretty neat but damn do I hate having to aim the damn thing. I feel like a 10 year old trying to drive a damn Ferrari.
I bet no one could have expected his EX slash elbow to become his best EX move. EX Air Knee Strike is also pretty good, but giving that super armor property to slash elbow was a very nice addition on Capcom's part. It's gotten me quite a few clutch wins just as my health is at critical levels. EX stun gun headbutt at the very least needs to hit several times before it can be a great anything.

Numb

EX Stomp is +2 on block so it's actually a nice way to get in. Headbutt is actually good, I need to use it more, but I think you have to condition your opponent to block high for stomp first because it's too slow to use effectively on its own.

i like that you can do the light headbutt after some close range bloacked jabs and it does so much stun
Try to save meter for elbow rush so ex stomp is barely used by me
+2 sounds awesome tho

I bet no one could have expected his EX slash elbow to become his best EX move. EX Air Knee Strike is also pretty good, but giving that super armor property to slash elbow was a very nice addition on Capcom's part. It's gotten me quite a few clutch wins just as my health is at critical levels. EX stun gun headbutt at the very least needs to hit several times before it can be a great anything.

I would be fine with EX headbutt if it didn't reset to neutral. That kinda limits its usage to getting a stun, imo. Guess that makes the name apropo.

mbpm1

ggs guys

Alex gives me troubles. Always feel like I need to do something to not get forced to the corner by the elbow pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom