• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

The fact that we don't at least have this option is fucking ridiculous.

MKv19Lu.jpg

Shit, I'm reminded that Urein's SFV theme won't be nearly as good

Despite all the issues this game might have, my biggest disappointment is definitely the music.

RASHIDOOOOOO says hi

And Brazil... and Balrog...and Training Stage

Pretty much every track ever.

If you don't like Capcom-style progressive rock, then I guess I can understand how one won't like this game.

For those who love Mega Man X-styled music though, this is the best soundtrack since like 3rd Strike. It's definitely up there, and the Story mode music is fucking incredible too.

Seriously, almost every single track in this game is solid. It's a 5-star OST, and light years beyond what SF4 ever was.

There are a lot of things Capcom shit the bed with for SFV. The soundtrack is one of the things they knocked outta the park.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Guilty Gear Xrd kind of spoiled me on fighting game music. I've never played the game but I've listened to the soundtrack. Only track in SFV that has stood out for me is Rashido but it's kind of silly.

Xeteh

I'm seriously the slowest/dumbest person. I just realized in the Juri trailer that she pulls off the eyepatch for her vtrigger and it stays off.

So I'm just going to credit it to watching a ton of EVO that after I put the game down for like 2 months, I picked it back up and I'm significantly better. Still too heavily reliant on my sweeps, but I can more reliably anti-air with both my jab and my DP. (I main Necalli, fwiw.)

Won 7 straight matches online since yesterday, dropping only 2 games in the process. Dunno what I did but it's slowly starting to click.

Mr. X

I haven't tried SF4 Juri or a lot of the cast. I tried everyone in SFV before story mode. They did way better making the cast enjoyable.

I just really miss A3 Karin's options but SFV Karin is a monster. Wouldn't mind an EX Karin.

Man, I was just trying out the KOF14 demo and I kind of wish SFV had a basic tutorial mode that was similar.

but I'm done with that now. Time to go tinker in SFV again...

Wonder when they will add extra game mechanics, probably after CPT

I really do hope they add extra game mechanics. Capcom was really hesitant to add new mechanics in SF4. Besides Vanilla characters getting an extra Ultra we didn't really see new game mechanics until the 5th and final version of SF4.

What I'd really like to see is a new V Trigger for every character. A 2nd super for every character would be nice as well but different V Triggers can really change the way match ups are played so that's what I'm hoping for.

I really do hope they add extra game mechanics. Capcom was really hesitant to add new mechanics in SF4. Besides Vanilla characters getting an extra Ultra we didn't really see new game mechanics until the 5th and final version of SF4.

What I'd really like to see is a new V Trigger for every character. A 2nd super for every character would be nice as well but different V Triggers can really change the way match ups are played so that's what I'm hoping for.

me too rice. I really hope they add another v trigger and another v skill for all characters. Will really change up the game. Imagine Ryu's v-skill as donkey kick. I wonder what can his 2nd v-skill be.

Coda

Meaning that they'd be selectable at the character select screen or just automatically both in the game? Either way it'd be cool for sure. The game feels lacking in some respects.

Yeah just thinking this!
I imagine, particularly if they keep doing 3rd strike stuff, everyone being able to choose Ryu parries will probably be first.

Meaning that they'd be selectable at the character select screen or just automatically both in the game? Either way it'd be cool for sure. The game feels lacking in some respects.

SF4 eventually added the option to choose between which ultra you wish to have access to while selecting the character. They also added an option to have both available but do considerably less damage.

I'd like it to be selectable like Supers in 3rd Strike and Ultras in SSF4 and beyond. I want some strategy to be applied as to which V Trigger you should select.

And I really like Gunslinger's idea of another V Skill. Maybe the V Skill will be tied to the V Trigger. Lets just say Ryu 2nd V Trigger is transforming into Evil Ryu and his V Skill is his axe kick from SF4 which lets him link into his other normals on hit. But he loses his V Skill parry and no longer gets a damage buff and stun ability on his Super in Evil Ryu mode because it's no longer a Denjin Hadoken.

Hey Haunts, if you're still here and listening then please pass this idea to the Japanese dev team ok?

Hmm, god I want alternate supers now! If only so I never go to AA DP someone with Necalli and super instead ever again. The difference double quarter and dp on pad couldn't be more ambiguous.

I'd like it to be selectable like Supers in 3rd Strike and Ultras in SSF4 and beyond. I want some strategy to be applied as to which V Trigger you should select.

And I really like Gunslinger's idea of another V Skill. Maybe the V Skill will be tied to the V Trigger. Lets just say Ryu 2nd V Trigger is transforming into Evil Ryu and his V Skill is his axe kick from SF4 which lets him link into his other normals on hit. But he loses his V Skill parry and no longer gets a damage buff and stun ability on his Super in Evil Ryu mode because it's no longer a Denjin Hadoken.

Hey Haunts, if you're still here and listening then please pass this idea to the Japanese dev team ok?

Basically, he gets Necalli's v trigger than?

Top Bottom