• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
I only watch anime that ended already, so I'm not sure whether I should watch sword art online yet, or wait for Gun Gale + other stuff. Is Gun Gale with the same characters? Does it continue the story or is it an own series?

NomarTyme

Servant x Service is my AOTY so far.

then again this is just fresh in my mind. I liked a bunch of anime this year

Aku no Hana, Hataraku Maou-sama!, etc...

I only watch anime that ended already, so I'm not sure whether I should watch sword art online yet, or wait for Gun Gale + other stuff. Is Gun Gale with the same characters? Does it continue the story or is it an own series?

No clue, but with the way Sword art online ends, it doesn't even set itself up for a sequel. It's a satisfactory end, imo.

Quasar

Continues the story.

Really? I don't remember it being addressed directly, but that could just be my memory failing me.

Well the first game did have monokuma in that exact scene , and the following scene just show the other bear .( as a teaser for a S2)

So It's meant as a cliffanger for more stuff ( Super danganronpa 2 ) and it's cannon pretty much like the game was.
As for the rest of the stuff you're implying , i'm not gonna discuss it here..this isn't the place since i think many people haven't played the second game.
But i did understood what you meant

Is it list time?

My Top 10 Anime of the Year (So Far):

1. Wolf Children
2. Flowers of Evil
3. Blue Exorcist: The Movie
4. The Garden of Words
5. Rozen Maiden
6. Jewelpet Kira Deco
7. Asura
8. Ghost in the Shell Arise
9. Girls und Panzer
10. Death Billiards

jbug617

Banned
As of right now Silver Spoon is my favorite AOTY so far but I probably won't vote for it because the 2nd part of the show will air next year so I can't count the first half.

Quasar

Bummer. Looks interesting, but I shall wait then. Bakuman is my anime of the year so far. Sad 2nd year that was a bit of a let down tho, after 2011 was so incredible strong.

Admittedly from what I recall there aren't many continuing characters aside from our hero. Which was part of my beef with it.

jman2050

Monogatari, Love Lab, Maou-sama, GJ-Bu and Watamote are the only real standouts so far this year for me.

Lots of other fun stuff at least like Minami-ke, Mondaiji, Haganai S2, Sasami-san, Nyaruko, Muromi-san etc but those previous five are the only ones getting real consideration. We'll see how the Fall shows fare.

duckroll

Going to make a movie category just so Wolf Children can win? lol

Nope. There's no need to do that when the first rule will be that you need to have watched Wolf Children before you can vote. As long as that condition is met, it will surely win without any problems. :p

Quasar

Nope. There's no need to do that when the first rule will be that you need to have watched Wolf Children before you can vote. As long as that condition is met, it will surely win without any problems. :p

:)

I only brought it up because I generally feel anime films get treated poorly by the poll(and animegaf overall), and generally by the west. Unless they are ghibli films.

Branduil

I'm not making a list until the year is over but Wolf Children would obviously be on the top.

Rozen Maiden 13

iRvjZJiAwrkkz.jpg

Good show.

CorvoSol

It's going to be so fucking annoying to see Shingeki win AOTY.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that.

Darkstalkers OVA 01

This essentially felt like a bunch of awesome yet disjointed fights. The Death metal concert as well as the Dimitri Vs. Morrigan bits were big highlights and the animation was generally good. I wonder if the remaining episodes are more coherent, and/or tie things together somehow.
That being said not too bad. I wish I could GIF some of the fights to better illustrate how nice they were but I suppose it can't be helped. One of the better game based anime.
Music was OK, was surprised it was actually composed by Koh Otani, considering some of his later work.
Another notable part of the OVA is of course the fact that it represents a notable early example of Imaishi's animation, though I'm not sure if it was in this episode, even though I do have some clue.

HOLD THE PHONE THERE'S AN OVA W/ MORRIGAN GOOD NIGHT HOMEWORK I FOUND SOMETHING TO WATCH.

My list would consist of: Nanoha A's Movie, Wolf Children, Girls und Panzer, Jojo Part 2, Minami-ke, Henneko, Gargantia plus a few others.

The Hidamari Sketch graduation special comes out in November so that's either going to be my number one or pretty high up, plus there's still all of Fall and a couple of miscellaneous shows I need to watch.

Narag

Gargantia, Blue Exorcist movie, Gifu Dodo, Battle Tendency, Rozen Maiden, and LWA are on the short list right now. Hoping to spend this backlog season checking out some stuff like Aku no Hana and the Eccentric Family. I see hosanna listed kira deco as eligibile too so I have some thinking to do!!

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi # 42

Ahhhhhhh, so that's why the queen is having Doremi and the others raise Hana. This episode gave me the impression at first that it was so that she would be raised by people who wouldn't be dependent solely on magic and who would love her, and I think that's still a big part of it, but now I see it's still part of a larger plan for who Hana will be and what she will do when she becomes the next queen.

sonicmj1

Preliminary List:

1. Wolf Children
2. Flowers of Evil
3. Little Witch Academia
4. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
5. Girls & Panzer
6. Eccentric Family
7. From the New World
8. Gargantia
9. Hataraku Maou
10. Love Lab

Zukuu

Banned
Am I a bad person for aborting Aku no Hana after 3 eps? Shit was too crazy for me (I'm not good with psycho stuff) and I kept yelling at the stupidity of the main character (just throw those fckin clothes away ffs). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom