• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |OT3| only manly sports allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Oh god, I hope there isn't an English version of this yet or I'll have wasted alot of time translating:

Hayao Miyazaki's official statement:
I still want to work 10 more years. I estimate that I will still be able to drive myself to and from work for 10 more years so I have set it at that.

It might become shorter but that is something that is determined by my lifespan which probably is around 10 years.

I've always wanted to make feature length animation and have done so upto now but the gaps between my movies have gotten larger and larger and I have been unable to do anything about it.

Kaze Tachinu took 5 years from my previous movie. The next one might be 6 years or 7 years and that will be unsustainable for the studio. It would take up all of my 70's.

There are things I would like to try and challenge that are not feature length animation. I also have alot of things I need to do, for example, the displays in the Ghibli museum.

These things, whether I do them or not, will not be a burden to the studio but it will probably be the same amount of burden on my family

That is why, I have decided to remove myself from Studio Ghibli's program.

I am free. I say this but my daily life won't change much. I will still walk the same paths everyday. My dream has always been to take a holiday on a Saturday but whether that will come true, I don't know.

Thank you very much

That is all.

Hayao Miyazaki

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 27

I like how Usagi made up a situation that reveals who Luna was.... and then it actually happened when Luna tried to introduce herself. How in the hell did she gained the ability to be human!? Why is she like a Chibiusa but without being related to Usagi and Mamoru!? What the fuck!?
Silver crystal exposure.

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 36

In which Loran totally checks out Kihel/Dianna's ass, maybe also Sochie's, and pockets her wet hair that he removed from the drain. Frankly the kinkiest thing I've seen since Haman's interactions with Judau. Such a perv, Loran.

Oh and I guess there was some mutiny hijinks that Cpt. Harry rightly figured would play themselves out. Also I can't tell if Clnl. Michael has the shakes or is just scared. Guin is SO power hungry now.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 19

An entire episode devoted to looking for Shakti's dumb ass when she isn't in danger after she put herself in danger by sneaking aboard a vessel she had no business being on and dragging a child, infant, and dog with her.

I heard there were giant robots in this show?

SUCH BULLSHIT. Here is a breakdown of the bullshit in this episode:

Shakti is magically a princess of the Zanscare Empire. Because you know, who would want to root for Spacenoids anyway?
Shakti's goddamn magic bean satchel survives the harsh vacuum pull of space.
Uso is like "Why don't you BESPA's understand us!!" and while that stuff can fly when Judau or Kamille are saying it to people they know personally who are the aggressors in this situation, Uso is saying it to dudes he doesn't know after his own crew fired a missile at them. "Why can't you understand us? What could possibly be giving you the wrong impression about our personal intentions when we so peacefully FIRED A MISSILE AT YOU?"
Suddenly Uso and company are off scott free from punishment after stealing military equipment, engaging the enemy, not accomplishing what they'd wanted, needing to be bailed out by other personnel and possibly revealing valuable tactical information to the enemy. No punishment at all.

If Captain Bright were here he'd lock Uso's ass in the brig whether he was valuable combat personnel or not.

Rozen Maiden 10

qSPCkUf.jpg

Suddenly it's Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Execution is as good as ever. The imagery for the fantasy worlds is something else, and I liked the clever integration of flashbacks. The script can be fairly convoluted and I wish it had devoted more time to the scene between the two Juns (removing
Saito's non-Jun costume
from the manga was a mistake), but I suppose it wasn't too bad.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 28

Well there's the end of the
Dark Mercury Saga

Getting trolled in the woods with doubts and fears.

A bit of theorizing (some manga spoilers here)

Near the end, Nephrite got in Kunzite's way protecting Mercury, who showed him pity while she was still being manipulated. I do recall in the manga, that the Inner Senshis did have lovers in their past life, which were Queen Beryl's top 4 (and Endymion's servents in their past life), so I wonder if that's also a nod that'll get a little more fleshing out. Maybe... or it's just Nephrite continuing his bitch fest.

Midway commentary

The stock henshins, while obviously bad because it looks bad, are no where near as long or drawn out like some other mahou shoujos, so it doesn't really take up a lot of time. I really do like how Ami is being handled here, instead of being a bookworm who "needs to experience her youth", they play with her insecurities
on top of making her a temporary villain.
. Minako has much more exposure instead of only existing via merchandising in the world like the anime. Although it does make her a loner and rather distant in comparison, but I have hunches on why based on what happened so far. Makoto's NOT GETTING FUCKED in romance because Toei hates green people, Rei's not going full bitch (however that gave some Reisagi moments), and I don't really dislike Usagi. She actually studied and then did something she wanted! Despite the whole pooling energy into Sailor Moon and whatnot, the others didn't fall to the side just to pimp up Sailor Moon.

Of course there's the low budgetness of it, but hey!

zeroshiki

Was I the only one who would have preferred it if they didn't go to space in Space Show? :( I like those summer vacation with friends types of stories.

Moaradin

I'm watching Fate/Zero now. One of the best shows I've seen in a while. Have no idea what Fate/Stay Night is, but if it's the same studio that's doing Zero, I'm interested.

cajunator

Banned
I always find this image way too amusing. As for new F/SN, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it avoids the Fate route.

That looks like the scene with Arararagi in Nise, except backwards.

I'm watching Fate/Zero now. One of the best shows I've seen in a while. Have no idea what Fate/Stay Night is, but if it's the same studio that's doing Zero, I'm interested.

Fate Stay Night came before Fate Zero and was made by studio Deen. It is pretty much ruined by Shirou singlehandedly as it relegates a promising story into almost a harem but Ufotable has threatened to make it better.

cnet128

Banned
Wooooooo new thread. I guess ninth on the Wall of Shame isn't too bad, considering I think I was falling behind for a while.

I'm really curious to see people reactions to the first 4-5 ep of this.

In case you missed it, I did a fairly lengthy reaction post to the first episode back when it aired. And here are my reaction posts to the subsequent episodes of the first two arcs for good measure: 2 3 4 5 6

Also, is Gatchaman Crowds worth checking out this late in the season? What I mean is, am I missing much by passing on it?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Yeah exactly. The original two girls are so perfect. They play off each other masterfully and the other introductions just diminishes the chemistry.

While I agree that the chemistry between the original two girls is perfect, I don't agree that the others diminish it. I was surprised by how well they fit into the equation and added to the entertainment in their own ways.

That looks like the scene with Arararagi in Nise, except backwards.

Do you mean the one where
Tsukihi walks in on him bathing with Shinobu
? I just read that scene in the novel and it was as lulsworthy as ever.
SUDDENLY KITCHEN KNIFE

cajunator

Banned
Wooooooo new thread. I guess ninth on the Wall of Shame isn't too bad, considering I think I was falling behind for a while.

In case you missed it, I did a fairly lengthy reaction post to the first episode back when it aired. And here are my reaction posts to the subsequent episodes of the first two arcs for good measure: 2 3 4 5 6

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

While I agree that the chemistry between the original two girls is perfect, I don't agree that the others diminish it. I was surprised by how well they fit into the equation and added to the entertainment in their own ways.

Do you mean the one where
Tsukihi walks in on him bathing with Shinobu
? I just read that scene in the novel and it was as lulsworthy as ever.
SUDDENLY KITCHEN KNIFE

Actually episode 8 where he does that facial expression that looks exactly opposite the one pictured here.

Imouto Paradise 2 episode 1

This wasn't done by Murakami, it looks like any other hentai. This is bad by comparison because we're going from sakuga loving to standard run of the mill animators.

Seems to be the Blue and Pink show even harder as well. What about the others :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom