• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
also it seems neogaf just added the ability to spoiler images.

giphy.gif

Neat. A new feature that's totally not going to get abused and inevitably get people banned!

zulux21

Neat. A new feature that's totally not going to get abused and inevitably get people banned!

:p
they even say in the thread don't abuse it, but we know it will be lol.

I mostly posted about it in here because it would be useful in order to be able to post screen shots from current episodes during reaction posts without spoiling stuff for people who are just skimming through.

though there are people saying it doesn't work on mobile.

Fate Stay Night UBW 2nd Season END

I actually liked Gilgamesh as a main villain and wanted to see more of him, other than that this whole series was being held up by it's beautiful animation and nothing else. Most everyone else is your typical anime trope. I also like how it suddenly turns into Harry Potter at the end..

cajunator

Banned
Recommend you guys check out Rokka no Yuusha

I know Passione fucked up Rail Wars in last year, but this time they find a way better staff to adapt the show, and according to pre-screening event impression from Japan, it's pretty positive and they actual make a faithful adaption this time.

I SEE A BUNNY GIRL
*adds to list

Hey now Iilya isn't a parody!!

A parody wouldn't give me this action!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfSdCSM9s9k

Yeah no kidding. Illya wasnt just a really cute show, it kicked some ass in the action department occasionally. It goes a bit overboard sometimes but people are really underselling the action aspects of it.

New thread, new artwork:

Snafu cover looks great but man September. I couldnt wait that long.

BONES' new show is likely a big big project. It might also be transmedia. The synopsis makes it clear that this is exactly what Aikawa was talking about back in May.

Concrete Revolutio - Chojin Genso

Tokyo have reached a golden age, and countless superpowered heroes are overflowing the city. These heroes originate from various origins - wanting to fight evil, coming from outer space, coming from a magical world, born from an ancient lineage of yokai, a robot created by brilliant scientists, or even an OOPArt robot. Regardless of their nature, the abundance of these heroes everywhere mean that the Japanese government can no longer turn a blind eye to the situation...

This looks HIGHLY relevant to my interests!

cajunator

Banned

cajunator

Banned
So what's the chance of Summer Season turning out to be shit?

Very low.

It's the correct audio masters this time, apparently the Bandai ones were trash quality and all wrong.

Wait, so the original Bandai ones have bad sound? they sounded fine to me. I dont have anything to compare them to.
Is it really worth replacing my old ones? How subtle is the sound improvement?

Yessss. Rewatching NNB soon.

Another Yesss!

The list just keeps on growing, doesn't it =/.

I think I accidentally doubled your list this morning hehee
But you will love the vast majority of it Im pretty certain!

Wakako-zake

Murasaki Wakako, who is 26 years old, loves going out alone to enjoy eating and drinking, especially when something unpleasant happens at work. This manga follows Wakako through many solitary outings, where she enjoys different combinations of food and drink!

Incoming masterpiece.

But I guess I will just watch the JSDF propaganda anime.

This doesnt sound like much but I bet it turns out good. It involves food so IM on board!

Oh, it's going to be great.

ZSr3Dze.png

Please try not to get banned this season. TLRU and a brown girl seems like a dangerous combination.

Arcadius

Banned
Warning: VERY NSFW
tumblr_mj0of4zIVa1s00m8no1_500.gif

This....is so.... good. Anyone want to recreate this scene?!

I think I accidentally doubled your list this morning hehee
But you will love the vast majority of it Im pretty certain!

Ahaha, I think you'd need to give me 10x of what I added from you this morning to double my list. It's insane, but I still feel like I need more cute/moe shows with adorable girls.... Shows how much I love them.

Welcome back!
Dont let things get you down Arcy

Thanks Cajun.

Midonin

I get that Funi snapped up half the season, but CR's been a little slower than usual. Most of the shows they could pick up don't debut until next week, so maybe we'll get more confirmations from Anime Expo.

cajunator

Banned
Japan can't make a damn military anime without throwing in catgirls and moes and lolis.

Time to catch up on Ninja Slayer, forgot it already started XO

Will check out Gangsta, Overworld, get Prison School for my friend, Ushio and Tora.

I dont see the downside here hehee
Gate looks fun, in a TWHE sorta way.

Am I the only one who's hyped for Ushio no Tora anime?

Also Mappa is animating it as well, which is great.

Im somewhat interested. The OVAs were excellent and very funny.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| This is our tomb. It was made for us.

Wellp, AnimeGAF is doomed.

It's fitting that Fate will be AnimeGaf's end.

Please you guys dont joke. Losing this community would make me incredibly sad :(
Yall mean a lot to me.

Hello I'm new here is this where I come to talk about the trash anime I like

WElcome! Yes this is the place :)

it's mostly they have their own higher rated shows to pump up

also it seems neogaf just added the ability to spoiler images.

giphy.gif

ohhhh shit. THIS IS BIG! I will use this (for good)

Mandelbo

My God, how could I have been so foolish? I've been wanting a melancholic, sorrowful anime, but I'd forgotten about Princess Tutu! I've tried to watch it before, but it lost my interest at episode twelve - I remember it having exactly the tone I'm looking for, so tomorrow, I'm gonna try and get back into it!

Arcadius

Banned
My God, how could I have been so foolish? I've been wanting a melancholic, sorrowful anime, but I'd forgotten about Princess Tutu! I've tried to watch it before, but it lost my interest at episode twelve - I remember it having exactly the tone I'm looking for, so tomorrow, I'm gonna try and get back into it!

I'll look forward to seeing what you think about this when you're done! (Haven't seen it, just looking forward)

Droplet

Tutu is amazing! It's been so long I should think about rewatching it.

Midonin

It's sort of known that some of our favorite VAs also do the occasional bit of dub work, and the most interesting one is that Miyukichi, who's also Towa/Twilight/Cure Scarlet, does dub work for both Twilight Sparkle and Adventure Time's Flame Princess. That's serendipity.

Mandelbo

I'll look forward to seeing what you think about this when you're done! (Haven't seen it, just looking forward)

Thanks! It's worth bearing in mind I can't remember exactly why it lost my interest, but I can remember a lot of really cool, interesting things it did. It also has a fantastic art style and a wonderful soundtrack to boot, so hopefully I'll make it through the whole thing this time.

Thoraxes

Wait, so the original Bandai ones have bad sound? they sounded fine to me. I dont have anything to compare them to.
Is it really worth replacing my old ones? How subtle is the sound improvement?
Check out the first response to my post. He outlines the differences perfectly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Welcome back!
Dont let things get you down Arcy. And yes, watch everything Broccoli made because it is all extremely cute! Dont forget DiGi charat too!

I really like those character designs. I will check this out.

Nah its not banned, but images of it are strongly cautioned against when it goes there.

Yeah. Theres no real continuity. Maybe a few in-jokes/references to the Fate universe.

I seem to remember there being a show that actually did get banned for discussion.

Have a bit of a rule against anime that take place in schools. Its just too played out for me. Kind of makes this season look kind of weak to me, but there are still a few ones that look interesting. God Eater, Gate, Dragon Ball Super, Gansta., and Overlord.

Arcadius

Banned
Thanks! It's worth bearing in mind I can't remember exactly why it lost my interest, but I can remember a lot of really cool, interesting things it did. It also has a fantastic art style and a wonderful soundtrack to boot, so hopefully I'll make it through the whole thing this time.

Wow... that OP is amazing. So slow and beautiful, I love music like this. The vocalist and the piano...the orchestra that kicks in, the tempo. It's like a ballad. Added to my watch list because of the OP, amazing. 16 minute episodes, odd format though. Best of luck watching this again.

spoilered images? That's not gonna get abused in AnimeGAF

Nope, not at all =).

Prison School? WTF?! Aren't they going to censor the shit of the anime? Just googling the manga and looking at the images, it looks like semi hentai.

javac

It doesn't even work for me, I click the spoiler and the image doesn't open up. Probably for the best, the browser overlords have showered mercy upon me.
EDIT: Fuck, it works now. Damn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom