• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
rXgmSu0.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
just today i was asking "how could neogaf implement the more undesirable parts of chan image boards with even less functionality to be abused by people with no concept of comedy?"

what a wonderful feature.

Mandelbo

Aaah, it looked like Nichijou, I will most definitely watch it, it's a super comedy right?

Load up the desktop version of NeoGAF on mobile, so you can enjoy the fun.

Please, please, please, please watch Nichijou. It is one of my all time favourites and I guarantee you'll love it. Personally I think it's perfect, no flaws whatsoever
apart from the incredibly boring OVA
but I'll let you be the judge of that.

e:
it's more of a shit comedy actually

We can never be friends.

Arcadius

Banned
Really NSFW (not kidding if you like Blood)

"Really crazy Gif"

... Why? Poor girl, that is hard to watch. ... What's the context behind it?

it's more of a shit comedy actually

Hmm.... shit comedy as in, you think it's bad? I've seen some great gifs that make me laugh so hard.

Please, please, please, please watch Nichijou. It is one of my all time favourites and I guarantee you'll love it. Personally I think it's perfect, no flaws whatsoever
apart from the incredibly boring OVA
but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Haha, alright Mandelbo, I will make an effort to watch Nichijou, worry not. Just busy with the current anime schedule right now =).

Summer love.

Syrinx

So yeah I don't know if you guys noticed (or care), but those image spoiler tags still don't work on mobile, at least not since I last checked (less than an hour ago).

Don't let that stop you or anything though.

Arcadius

Banned
So yeah I don't know if you guys noticed (or care), but those image spoiler tags still don't work on mobile, at least not since I last checked (less than an hour ago).

Don't let that stop you or anything though.

Can you load the desktop version of GAF on your mobile?

Drop everything for the moment and watch Nichijou

Ahaha, I get it I get it, it's a must watch. I've been holding off on it for a while because I know how much people like it.

That's hardly an ideal viewing experience.

Don't disagree with you here, sorry.

Is Plastic Memories some trashy show that somehow became popular on Crunchy, or is it actually legit good and I just don't get it? Because I don't give a fuck about the female Droid. I hate her, and the humor in this show just falls flat on its face. It is like a shit version of Your Lie in April, which also had horrendously done humor scenes but at least had some endearing characters.

Is there anything actually good on Crunchy right now?

Get out!

Mandelbo

Can't wait for people to forget this exists in a week

I can't tell if it even works properly on mobile. Still images that I think are supposed to be spoilered show up as normal and it only seems to work on certain gifs (the on Blade posted up there isn't spoilered, but most others in this thread are) - but I have gifs turned off on mobile anyway, so really it hasn't made an awful lot of difference.

John Blade

"Really crazy Gif"

... Why? Poor girl, that is hard to watch. ... What's the context behind it?

It`s from the show Blood+. As for the context, can`t say as I don`t watch it yet. I guess it`s for people who like those gore stuff and violence. I heard it`s a good show.

A funny note of that scene, it was censored in Japan but you can see the uncensored in the Blu Ray of the show.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Akito the Exiled 3

I thoroughly enjoyed this surprisingly. The fight scenes were much better this time as they didn't use the circular camera panning for every single fight choreography.

zulux21

It`s from the show Blood+. As for the context, can`t say as I don`t watch it yet. I guess it`s for people who like those gore stuff and violence. I heard it`s a good show.

A funny note of that scene, it was censored in Japan but you can see the uncensored in the Blu Ray of the show.

blood+ is a meh show for the first 13 or so episodes and then a good show from there on. The first 13 episodes or so are all set up though so you can't easily skip them.

Crocodile

Are there still people doubting Prison School? "Herp derp all I see is boobs derp"

Time for Garret Morris to drop some truth bombs on y'all:

dff91bcfa4384741e87505d63e2a46b9.jpg

"PRISON SCHOOL IS HILARIOUS!"

"IT MIXES EXCELLENT ART, EXCELLENT COMEDIC TIMING, ACTUAL CHARACTERS AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT INTO A SUM FAR GREATER THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL PART!"

"IN FEW OTHER PLACES WITH YOU FIND SUCH EXAMPLES OF STRONG BROTHERHOOD AND COMRADERIE!"

"IT ALSO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE ESCALATION AN ART FORM AND ALWAYS KEEP YOU GUESSING IN THE BEST WAYS POSSIBLE!'

'WATCH PRISON SCHOOL!! AND IF THE ANIME FUCKS IT UP, GO READ THE MANGA!"

Thank you Garret Morris for your insightful commentary :)
The new image spoilers such and make posts awkward to read. Just don't post spoilery/objectionable material and you should be fine.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally speaking, just because it's labeled NSFW and hidden behind... something, doesn't necessarily make it kosher to post.

For example, I can't link snuff films and go "NSFW" and get away with it. At least, not for very long. This is a huge grey area, of course, but these shock spoilers might land us in hot water.

There, that's my backseat modding for the week.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't post in here often but if you asshats do something stupid to get this thread locked like FigureGAF, I swear I'm going to dropkick your butt. I still read this fucking thread.

I'm on my phone, nothing is spoiler tagged, I see everything. I can see this "feature" which doesn't seem to be supported for mobile yet potentially ruining things for me /:

zulux21

I'm on my phone, nothing is spoiler tagged, I see everything. I can see this "feature" which doesn't seem to be supported for mobile yet potentially ruining things for me /:

if you browse on the regular site on your mobile device it works, but not only is the feature not working on the mobile site, there aren't any plans to make it work on there either. Thus my previous thoughts of hiding spoilers behind there were obviously misguided. It's still not a bad thing to have for the regular site, people just have to keep in mind that not everyone will see it as a spoiler.

Are there still people doubting Prison School? "Herp derp all I see is boobs derp"

Time for Garret Morris to drop some truth bombs on y'all:

dff91bcfa4384741e87505d63e2a46b9.jpg

"PRISON SCHOOL IS HILARIOUS!"

"IT MIXES EXCELLENT ART, EXCELLENT COMEDIC TIMING, ACTUAL CHARACTERS AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT INTO A SUM FAR GREATER THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL PART!"

"IN FEW OTHER PLACES WITH YOU FIND SUCH EXAMPLES OF STRONG BROTHERHOOD AND COMRADERIE!"

"IT ALSO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE ESCALATION AN ART FORM AND ALWAYS KEEP YOU GUESSING IN THE BEST WAYS POSSIBLE!'

'WATCH PRISON SCHOOL!! AND IF THE ANIME FUCKS IT UP, GO READ THE MANGA!"

Thank you Garret Morris for your insightful commentary :)
The new image spoilers such and make posts awkward to read. Just don't post spoilery/objectionable material and you should be fine.

Honestly I really love the manga for Prison School and think its amazing but I can definitely understand why some people may not like it or look forward to it. I mean the series plays the fanservice as a joke but some people find it terrible even if its a joke. Plus some may find the excessive fanservice and fetishes disturbing such as the Vice President's huge proportions and the sweat mixed in. Some may find it hilarious but others may think otherwise.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Generally speaking, just because it's labeled NSFW and hidden behind... something, doesn't necessarily make it kosher to post.

For example, I can't link snuff films and go "NSFW" and get away with it. At least, not for very long. This is a huge grey area, of course, but these shock spoilers might land us in hot water.

There, that's my backseat modding for the week.

Nobody should convince themselves that a spoilered image works any different than just posting the image normally.

if you browse on the regular site on your mobile device it works, but not only is the feature not working on the mobile site, there aren't any plans to make it work on there either. Thus my previous thoughts of hiding spoilers behind there were obviously misguided. It's still not a bad thing to have for the regular site, people just have to keep in mind that not everyone will see it as a spoiler.
Yeah but honestly browsing the website on my phone in desktop mode is less than ideal, and I'm sure many others agree on this. It would be nice if folks tried to keep its usage at a bare minimum, like I said I can't be the only one visiting this place through my phone, reason being that I'm always on the move /:

javac

I'm sorry but Prison School looks very unappealing to me to say the least. If I wanted to speak about how I truly feel about it, my vocabulary might become a bit too colorful so I'll leave it there.

I know that there's more to it but that doesn't change a thing for me. Regardless, for people who are interested in it I'm not going to rain on your parade, I'm sure people are excited to check it out but you can't be surprised at people who are repulsed/put off at the sight of it and its strange to be shocked at the response it gets although I bet its disappointing and frustrating for the fans of the series who don't give it a chance. At the end, its obviously a show that's supposed to shock, so yeah. That's all. Have fun.

cajunator

Banned
My God, how could I have been so foolish? I've been wanting a melancholic, sorrowful anime, but I'd forgotten about Princess Tutu! I've tried to watch it before, but it lost my interest at episode twelve - I remember it having exactly the tone I'm looking for, so tomorrow, I'm gonna try and get back into it!

Princess Tutu is gorgeous.
i recommend it to everybody.
the dub is well done. Luci Christian puts her heart into it.

Check out the first response to my post. He outlines the differences perfectly.

ok thanks yall

actually it works on mobile devices... it just doesn't work on the mobile site :p

Ah I see

Oh, a new features that's main use will be to enable more obnoxious posting. Great.
My main issue is that I can totally see folks using it thinking it works for everyone, and instead spoiling those who are on mobile big time. This is bad programming, you don't implement a feature that only half-works... Plus I can totally see people abusing it for other purposes, other than hiding spoilers. Really bad idea in my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom