• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

Dystify

Damn Pokemon Company why you gotta continue to ruin the OG Pokemon with these terrible Alola form redesigns instead of coming up with some original creative new Pokemon.

I rather have this instead of 100~150 new Pokemon every few years. There are quite a few new Pokemon anyway this generation.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wait, that webm. The game *still* doesn't use texture filtering? Why is Gamefreak so incompetent?

Raichu looks cool as hell though

Damn Pokemon Company why you gotta continue to ruin the OG Pokemon with these terrible Alola form redesigns instead of coming up with some original creative new Pokemon.

Versus making Pokémon that people will shit on for not looking like something from gen 1?

Game Freak will never win.

Sou Da

One of the new trainers from Team Skull, looks interesting

CphzurbWEAA-li3.jpg:large

We got motivation, they're outsiders

1470865983270.jpg
Repost.

Evil team seems more grounded a la Team Rocket. Hoping it means Team Skull isn't trying to trigger the apocalypse.
But then again, who would've thought Team Flare would take fashion so far.

Kyzer

Banned
I love how everything feels so fresh and tropical this game is the bomb I wish we could be playing through it now

Ydelnae

I would love if there's a twist and one of the "good" characters turns out to be the real Team Skull leader. I think Colosseum/XD did something like that.

clemenx

Banned
or dyed hair. He doesn't look that old to me.

Agree with the sentiments that Guzma doesn't really look like an evil team Boss, maybe there is someone above him?

Maybe they're not really evil? I wouldn't mind a sillier goofy tone rather than something cartoonishly evil like "WE WANT IT TO BE NIGHT FOREVER" yet again.

That's an actually pretty great motivation because it ties directly to the Island Challenge instead of simply being tangential like the gyms of old. I do wonder what they'll do with it though. I think cohesiveness is a very good theme we are seeing for this game. Everything is so different from past games but almost everything is very cohesive and works for the atmosphere that the game is trying to present.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe they're not really evil? I wouldn't mind a sillier goofy tone rather than something cartoonishly evil like "WE WANT IT TO BE NIGHT FOREVER" yet again.

Yeah, I have to admit, Team Rocket are still my favourite antagonists and that's not just genwunner talk. Their motivation makes complete and total sense: they're criminals in it for profit and you are in the way. There's no real grand-scheme here, they're just there to get dollah by abusing 'mons. By comparison, Aqua and Magma are, what, some sort of cultist thing? Is it ever even explained why they want to flood the world/drain the sea? Cyrus was like the ultimate emo; Ghetsis got lost from the finale of a Final Fantasy game, and Team Flare were absolute scrub tier villains. I'm kind of fed up of pretentious villains in Pokemon games.

Top Bottom