• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

Philippo

Such good reviews, it's refrieshing seeing a new IP do this well.

And now the long wait until PC version is confirmed.
PS4 am cry

Skyzard

Banned
Decent scores, good good. Hopefully it moves upwards and not downwards too. Shame on anyone for giving this less than 7.

Game is scoring well - congrats to Insomniac. Lord knows they needed a well-received game right about now. Ratchet & Clank has been following a downward trajectory for years and Fuse was a bomb in every regard.

If I ever pick up an Xbone, I'll get this.

Reviews are delicious. I can't believe people etc predicting in the 70s.

But then again, I personally give numbers no merit but I do look forward to playing this tomorrow before work!

Skyzard

Banned
Don't do this, people are entitled to their opinion if they feel it's worth less than a 7 then let them give it a score they want. You haven't played the game.

You're right but I can't help it with this. It looked like at the bare minimum a 7 and with this title you're a dick if you stomp on the creativity too hard with what we've been getting. Lot of other reviewers have played it now too.

Good reviews :)

May very well be my GOTY, can't wait to play it. I love fun traversal mechanics in games. I think SO will perfectly blend skillful but fast and fluid traversal.

Next open world to be excited for: Gravity Rush 2 (hope we see a lot more of that early next year).

BigDumbRocket

Neo Member
It's hilarious to think that Microsoft of all publishers shipped two open world games—Sunset and Horizon 2—this year.

oh look, EA is shipping 3 sport games this year! oh wait...

before being open world, Sunset is a shooter, and Forza is a driving game... it's ok for me

Madness

Heres hoping to a 1TB slim + price cut Xbone with MCC and Halo 5 by then.

The PS3 slim came almost 3 years after the fat, and the Xbox 360 slim came out nearly 5 years after the original Xbox 360 machine.

Microsoft won't come out with a slim within two years of launch, and especially when they are behind. They made this console to try and prevent any RRoD. That's why it's so big, external power brick, and bug fan that keeps it cool and quiet. At best you'll see a larger hard drive be standard, maybe more colors.

Pleased for Insomniac and pleased for me as I already pre-ordered before the reviews dropped.

Putting myself into the theoretical pitch for this game I can't see how I would have green lighted it. Good thing I don't have that job I guess!

It's 3-4 points away from being in the 70s, those predictions aren't that unbelievable.
What on metacritic? Looks like plenty of sites are missing on there for one.

Neogafs sudden obsession with metacritic scores is so bizarre. I liked the "fuck the numbers" movement so much better...

Been really enjoying the game over the past week, but I thought it'd end up being incredibly divisive. Pleasantly surprised by the really high scores. The reviewers know what's up.

Game doesn't take itself too seriously and is just a blast to play!

-MD-

Neogafs sudden obsession with metacritic scores is so bizarre. I liked the "fuck the numbers" movement so much better...

Sudden? People have been obsessed with metacritic for awhile.

JimiNutz

Banned
My initial excitement for this game had cooled off a little over the past few weeks to the point where I was actually considering putting my purchase of the game off until like March/April when things were quieter.

Luckily these reviews have turned all that around and I'll be purchasing this as soon as I get home tonight.

REALLY glad it's reviewing well since its one of the games (along with Killer Instinct and Titanfall) that made me pick Xbox One over PS4 last November.

Now just hope the high scores convert into high sales for Insomniac.

BKSmash

And more to come...

banjo_threeie_by_slickback5-d5r2qtn.png

It really is. I thought there was always a level of mistrust to big time game reviews. Now the number is all that matters?

I miss The 1up Show.

:(

Top Bottom