• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Tehalemi

This is pretty much everyone tonight at rush-hour trying to make it home from work before the direct starts:

tBhP4Wl.gif

Revven

So what you're saying is that Ridley should be playable in Mario Kart.

Understood.

Yes, the kart could actually form to fit hit size -- I mean, if Bowser can fit into the beetle buggy then so can Ridley!

Therefore Ridley in MK8 in the third DLC pack (whenever that gets announced). ;P

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The Spainkiller leak is basically "Someone told me Ridley was in the game!"

Actually, it's not even that, it's "Someone told me he saw a Ridley model in the game!" The evidence of this is that he got information on Bowser Jr. before the ESRB videos came out, which, you know, Vaanrose leak.

It's such a weak rumor that people only believe because they want the characters he suggested and literally no other reason.

Well he said moving models. So basically and most likely a stage hazard or a boss character.

That said Ridley likely has a 100% chance of being a trophy.

emb

This is pretty much everyone tonight at rush-hour trying to make it home from work before the direct starts:

tBhP4Wl.gif
Haha, yeah. That's pretty much gonna be my situation. Get off at 5:30, Direct starts here at 6. I'm not gonna wait around here long enough to watch, but I won't get home in time to catch the first 5-15 minutes.

It's funny though, I think I actually speed less when I'm in a hurry. It leaves me a lot more conscious of my speed. I keep checking to make sure I'm over the speed limit, but then if I notice it's more than 5 mph over, I'll get paranoid and slow down. Whereas normally I'll be casually driving, paying more attention to the road/cars than my speed, and going 10 over half the time.

Forkball

Actually, it's not even that, it's "Someone told me he saw a Ridley model in the game!" The evidence of this is that he got information on Bowser Jr. before the ESRB videos came out, which, you know, Vaanrose leak.

It's such a weak rumor that people only believe because they want the characters he suggested and literally no other reason.
Yeah no offense to Spainkiller, but I'm not buying it for a second. Reminds me of the guy in the potd thread that claims to work near Namco's office. He erroneously stated there would be no potd on a Japanese holiday (there was) and that someone at Namco said the Wii U version wouldn't make 2014. In short, don't believe everything you hear.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wouldn't it being a big deal be the very reason for it to be a surprise?

Well, you see, if the Secret Wii U characters had to be unlocked through simply playing the game, that'd be a "surprise" worth keeping.

But if they can be unlocked as SOON as you start the game, and also require the use of two Nintendo systems as well as owning a copy, I assume Nintendo and Sakurai would want to let that be known, since that would push copies right away.

Dr. Buni

Well he said moving models. So basically and most likely a stage hazard or a boss character.

That said Ridley likely has a 100% chance of being a trophy.
He also mentioned Dixie, Chorus Kind and Mewtwo... So his "leak" is either fake or all of those characters are bosses/hazards/assist trophies.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
He also mentioned Dixie, Chorus Kind and Mewtwo... So his "leak" is either fake or all of those characters are bosses/hazards/assist trophies.

I'm going for trophies and moving models as in moved the trophy up and down and side to side.

Muzy72

Banned
Spainkiller said his source was reputable because he talked about the Koopaling alts before the ESRB leaks showed them.

The problem is, Koopalings were already mentioned much earlier in the vaanrose leak.

imabeast78

Neo Member
They do really need this to sell well and sells a lot of consoles so the more exclusive stuff in the wii u version the better. Make those people that don't have a wii u buy one. Force them to buy one. Strangely they've decided to pass up on some great games so far. This time dangle the bait in front of them and real them in.

Mik317

also things have gotten scrapped all the time in this series. It is very possible his guy saw the models...but they may never get used. or are ATs or Stage Hazards.

People jumped super quick to playable characters.

Dr. Buni

I'm going for trophies and moving models as in moved the trophy up and down and side to side.
I don't have access to SpainKiller's post anymore, but... I think his wording implies the characters were moving... like, actually moving, no?

At any rate, I am expecting more characters regardless of his leak.
Or were cut bosses/hazards/assist trophies.

I have a feeling this game has a ton of cut content.
Dammit, Dixie doesn't deserve to be cut again ;_;

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I kinda want to know the fate of RayMK2 and Isaac.

Their omissions are weird. I was pretty sure that they would be back as assist trophies so I guess Sakurai think they had their moments and move on to something new.

Wait, this is today? Holy shit, I was marking this as the 24th for some reason lol

Maybe because original thread title said Oct 24 which already caused some confusions in other threads. I asked moderator to adjust it to match the timezone for everyone.

I'm not even stressing over characters, I just want to see the modes.

This is me. I'm just wanting more info on the modes that the WiiU version will have.

As far as I'm concerned, the characters we have are all we are getting.

Any extra down the road is just a bonus, but if no others show up, I'm ok with the roster as is.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't have access to SpainKiller's post anymore, but... I think his wording implies the characters were moving... like, actually moving, no?

Yeah, if I remember, he specifically said they were moving 3D models, and specifically WEREN'T Trophies.

Haha, yeah. That's pretty much gonna be my situation. Get off at 5:30, Direct starts here at 6. I'm not gonna wait around here long enough to watch, but I won't get home in time to catch the first 5-15 minutes.

Similar here... but there's no way I'll get through Atlanta traffic in time. I'll wait for the archive. Hopefully it's up right away.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Their omissions are weird. I was pretty sure that they would be back as assist trophies so I guess Sakurai think they had their moments and move on to something new.

I will be upset if RayMK2 was basically replaced in favor of Pit's Final Smash.

----------------

Yeah I forgot Jill. Kinda weird she isn't in the 3DS version since Drill Dozer was a handheld game.

Dr. Buni

One of underrated assist trophy. She always helped me out a lot. :)
She was definitely useful.

It was such a nice surprise seeing her in Brawl. I didn't expect her AT to be cut. I mean, why cut ATs? I understand cutting characters because of time constraints, etc... but ATs?
Yeah, if I remember, he specifically said they were moving 3D models, and specifically WEREN'T Trophies.
Thought so. Hopefully his leak is right so we can get cool new characters. Plus, isn't his account in danger if his leak is fake?

Watch Da Birdie

Doubt SpainKiller will get banned, don't think any mod ever said "you better be right or else"

He has enough respect here to avoid that I imagine, plus he never made a promise or claimed HE saw it, it was his friend.

There's nothing to even be right or wrong about. We have no idea what the context of a "moving model" is, nor do we really know what was and wasn't cut.

If Dixie isn't playable or whatever I'd be disappointed if he got banned.

I'm in complete agreement with this.

Morts

I still think expecting new characters that aren't already in the 3DS version is setting yourself up for disappointment. Hopefully I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence for it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
She was definitely useful.

It was such a nice surprise seeing her in Brawl. I didn't expect her AT to be cut. I mean, why cut ATs? I understand cutting characters because of time constraints, etc... but ATs?

Thought so. Hopefully his leak is right so we can get cool new characters. Plus, isn't his account in danger if his leak is fake?

Yeah, it was weird that Isaac, Heliquirin, Ray MK 3 and Jill got completely cut from Smash. Not even trophies for them.

emb

Yeah, it was weird that Isaac, Heliquirin, Ray MK 3 and Jill got completely cut from Smash. Not even trophies for them.
Obviously all going to be playable.
Really, 3/4 of those would make pretty cool characters.

Weren't all of them unlockable assists in Brawl? I know Isaac and Ray were I think, less sure on those other two.

Top Bottom