• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

Yeah, it was weird that Isaac, Heliquirin, Ray MK 3 and Jill got completely cut from Smash. Not even trophies for them.

I think the absence of Ridley in any form in 3DS along with them means they will be back in Wii U. Probably just back as ATs, but we practically KNOW Ridley is in the game in some form, so him not having a trophy at all would be bizarre.

NoA posted on their Facebook and Twitter pages about the show today, saying it will "show off 50 new things in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U." They may have a loose definition of new (see NSMB), but I'm still hyped!

Mr Swine

Banned
5h39, actually. There's a countdown in the OP :)

t1414101600z0.png

The countdown is in the original post.

Must have missed it :( thanks! :)

RomanceDawn

Spainkiller has been a reputable guy around here for a long time. But can we just wait and see rather totally assuming what he had to say was an absolute lie?

Was he even following the Vanroose leaks when they were popping up? There could be any number of reasons why he brought up Bowser Jr like that in the first place.

How many of you were in the "Shulk is just a modified Mac!" camp? Or who here laughed at anyone for believing that Duck Hunt's dog and duck were actually playable?

L~A

I'm saying Nintendo themselves may not be ready to talk about that yet.

Also, what if 8 Player Smash refers to the board game?

That's.... not too bad a hypothesis, actually. I could see that happening. Doubt it's what the board game is, though. Only 4h30 before we know :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Playable Monita.

I was surprised that didn't happen in Mario Kart, that would've been cool to have her driving a kart.

Dr. Buni

I don't understand how anyone likes that character. Just plain insufferable.
Why is she insufferable? I am yet to play Nintendo Land

Anyways, people didn't like the dog from Duck Hunt either, until he became playable in Smash alongside the duck (and the hunter).

We're getting Miku and I'm not letting your pessimism get me!
Miku? Oh no you don't. Not before The Witch from The Witch's House!

Anywayz: I say we do see DLC today. Coming to both systems at same time. Maybe in time for WiiU launch or early next year, but we will get atleast 1 DLC character today. Calling it.

atr0cious

Why is she insufferable? I am yet to play Nintendo Land
She's not insufferable. It's just people who don't like tutorials won't like her I guess, but she's very well written, and it's all very clever, specifically because all she does is give tutorials.

Monita is great and should be in this so my RobXMonita fanfic has a basis in reality.

Predictions:

1. Sakurai hopes we are all enjoying the 3DS version, apologizes for the internet issues, and promises a patch to fix them.

2. Board game mode announced, is essentially the Wii U version's Smash Run/Subspace Emissary.

3. Master Hand/Crazy Hand challenge mode confirmed

4. Create-a-stage confirmed.

5. More on Amiibo connectivity

6. Metal Face and Ridley (cry) confirmed as bosses for the game's Xenoblade and Metroid stages respectively.

7. Trailer revealing Duck Hunt shown, nobody cares.

8. This one is more my hoping than anything, but DLC officially announced for both versions, but no details given.

-Horizon-

Miku? Oh no you don't. Not before The Witch from The Witch's House!

Anywayz: I say we do see DLC today. Coming to both systems at same time. Maybe in time for WiiU launch or early next year, but we will get atleast 1 DLC character today. Calling it.

Ya wanna fite bout it brah?

Top Bottom