• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - Oct 23(US) & Oct 24 (JP/EU)

jorgejjvr

Is it weird that the 3ds version is putting me off a bit? I dont play it as much anymore, bayo will make it easier to wait for the wii u version

georly

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have to go to my in-laws for dinner at 6pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....................................................................................

Going to try to get out of it, or somehow show up late. How long you guys this this will be? 50 minutes? :p

Volotaire

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....................................................................................

Going to try to get out of it, or somehow show up late. How long you guys this this will be? 50 minutes? :p

We could PM you a non spoiler archive of the direct instead. You get both the dinner and the direct unspoiled.

Axass

Tell them you're dead or something. Wanna be the only one missing Ridley being announced live?

mrhej

The length of the Direct is on Nintendo's twitch page.

MVIe7fx.png

georly

We could PM you a non spoiler archive of the direct instead. You get both the dinner and the direct unspoiled.

Buuuuuuut that's like telling a kid he has to wait until lunch time to open his christmas presents. You can't torture them like that. Smash reveals are the closest thing to opening christmas presents when I was 8 that I have as a grown man.

Tell them you're dead or something. Wanna be the only one missing Ridley being announced live?

Good call. Brb, texting my death message.

MVIe7fx.png

Being 35 minutes late is doable

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's less than a minute a fact. It's literally going to be Sakurai staring into our souls while spouting off a whole list of features at the speed of a thousand gazelles.

Javier

Buuuuuuut that's like telling a kid he has to wait until lunch time to open his christmas presents. You can't torture them like that. Smash reveals are the closest thing to opening christmas presents when I was 8 that I have as a grown man.

Good call. Brb, texting my death message.

Being 35 minutes late is doable
Take the bus to your in-laws, and watch the stream in your phone.

Crayolan

MVIe7fx.png

Considering the Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr.
and Chorus Kids
reveal trailers will probably eat up 5 of those minutes there're gonna have to be a lot of really small facts to fit this into that time.

not even 1 minute per thing?

this direct is already a bust

They could announce 5 retro levels in less than 15 seconds and knock out 5 things with plenty to spare for other, larger things. Look at some of the april direct montages, which had fact after fact but were only a few seconds per fact.

Clefargle

I know the feel man, I have a sorry I am in class, call you soon right in the middle of the direct today.... :(

georly

I know the feel man, I have a sorry I am in class, call you soon right in the middle of the direct today.... :(

What makes it worse is that I didn't know I was supposed to until just now. I had planned on just coming home and watching. It's just a swift kick in the butt.

the whole presentation is actually done in song, and that's how they get through the facts so quickly

Hopefully like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

You're going to need to break one of your legs, and soon. Bring your laptop to the hospital so that you can view it from there. Godspeed

I was expecting an average of 30 seconds per item anyway, with rare exceptions for features that require a little more explanation. Combined with character trailers and, as before, a long credit roll showing off the whole cast, 35 minutes sounds right.

Hatchtag

Banned
Computer is acting up and I'm worried it won't work again before the direct, so what would be the best way to watch it on an Xbox One in case it doesn't?

Top Bottom