• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey guys, is it confirmed that there will be more/different items, Assist Trophies, and Poke Balls in the Wii U version than the 3DS version?

We don't know.

I'm pretty sure every one we've seen in the Wii U Version so far was seen in the 3DS...well, actually, I've yet to see a 3DS pic of Ashley or Xerneas, but I'm sure they're in.

Sakurai might be holding some more surprise ones though for the Wii U Version. I'd say Items are probably done and finished, but there might be a few unique ATs.

Berordn

We don't know.

I'm pretty sure every one we've seen in the Wii U Version so far was seen in the 3DS...well, actually, I've yet to see a 3DS pic of Ashley or Xerneas, but I'm sure they're in.

Sakurai might be holding some more surprise ones though for the Wii U Version. I'd say Items are probably done and finished, but there might be a few unique ATs.

Sakurai's official line on it was that the 3DS and Wii U versions have "roughly" the same number of assists, so it seems likely that the Wii U has a couple more, though probably not many.

Pyrokai

We don't know.

I'm okay with there being MORE in the Wii U version, but if there are truly exclusive ATs, PB, and items for each version, that's going to drive me bonkers. I'm already upset that the Ice Climbers were cut for the reason they were, but when there's a ton of other exclusive content between versions, it makes me all the more upset that we didn't just get one Super Duper version for Wii U with all the content. Can you imagine if the Wii U version had all its stages AND the 3DS stages?

Not to mention Ice Climbers :(

You know, it's entirely possible that Smash 6 is an Ultra Street Fighter IV-like scenario. New stages, new trophies, new modes, etc. You can even make it New 3DS/Wii U exclusive so the limitations don't affect it as much! Imagine if they gave us a roster that added

Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Captain Syrup
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Mewtwo
Tingle
Impa
Ridley
Isabelle
Doc Louis
Lucas
Louie
Wolf
Marshal
Ice Climbers

64 slot dream

Zeros stream right now omg...

iWUDPndFxk3QX.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'd want retail but then I have to play the waiting game.

Rumor, well sorta. Midway owned her but Namco bought all rights when Midway went down.

Oh?

I guess Sakurai probably didn't want to favor Pac-Man over the other 3rd Parties by giving it technically another character then.

Kinsei

Banned
You know, it's entirely possible that Smash 6 is an Ultra Street Fighter IV-like scenario. New stages, new trophies, new modes, etc. You can even make it New 3DS/Wii U exclusive so the limitations don't affect it as much! Imagine if they gave us a roster that added

Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Captain Syrup
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Mewtwo
Tingle
Impa
Ridley
Isabelle
Doc Louis
Lucas
Louie
Wolf
Marshal
Ice Climbers

64 slot dream

I've always wondered how Paper Mario would work if he made it in. Would Sakurai give him a moveset based on his TTYD transformations, his partners, or *shudders* stickers?

Golnei

Rumor, well sorta. Midway owned her but Namco bought all rights when Midway went down.

Even if there are no longer any issues with licensing, it wouldn't be unimaginable for her to be excluded due to not originating with Namco, unlike the rest of Pacman's highly referential moveset. Though her absence is one of many reasons why I want alts to be a part of DLC.

emb

JoeInky redeeming himself by pulling out his main, Ness.
Lol, I just realized, I think you're the same Makai that I've played Melee with before. I'll have to make sure to get online and play you in 4 when it comes out over here. :)

I've always wondered how Paper Mario would work if he made it in. Would Sakurai give him a moveset based on his TTYD transformations, his partners, or *shudders* stickers?

I'd honestly like his B moves to be his partner's moves, while his A moves are all his. Final Smash can be goat chomp, just to throw in the stupid Sticker Star reference. Like, imagine that you have a choice of six partners - Parakarry, Bow, Goombella, Koops, Bombette, and Flurrie. Focusing on Up B recoveries, Parakarry would be able to fly Mario into the air, Bow would be able to teleport Mario, Goombella... I dunno :v, Koops could be jumped upon (how cruel!), Bombette could blow up and launch Mario into the air, and Flurrie could shoot a gust of wind that carries Mario upward.

NeonZ

Really what we need is a Fire Emblem Musou, why Zelda gets one and Fire Emblem crosses over with SMT boggles my mind.

We already know the reason for SMT x FE though. They wanted to make a FE mixing a modern world with fantasy elements, and were searching for development partners when Atlus made the SMT crossover proposal.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Did they nerf Marth/Lucina's nair in this game or is Qiks just not taking advantage of it? Lot of times he is using fair when nair looks like a better option, especially with fair being nerfed in this game.

God DAM OP this was freaking great OP. Made me log into Amazon and pre-order this bad boy. Thanks.

I hope Mr.Game & Watch is still a playable character.

So, uh, seems I was wrong about Melee's Kongo Jungle theme (in other words, the DK rap) coming back. That was the 64 level theme we were talking about earlier.

Not really sure how I feel about this.

Revven

Did they nerf Marth/Lucina's nair in this game or is Qiks just not taking advantage of it? Lot of times he is using fair when nair looks like a better option, especially with fair being nerfed in this game.

I think Nair was given slightly more landing lag than Brawl (it definitely doesn't look as lagless) but it'd be tough to say whether the additional landing lag is more than Fair's (which Fair's landing lag hasn't changed, just the duration).

I don't have the game so I could be wrong (we really need frame data for this stuff lol).

So was playing the demo today with villager. I got a pear to drop from the tree....I remember hearing about Maximum tomato being possible back then as a rumor. Anyone get that yet? Or have you gotten any other fruits?

I did get the Bee hive thing once, but was with items on. Pear appeared on Final Destination mode.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Was Mrs. Pac-man mentioned in the trophies? What are Pac-man related trophies? I mean Sonic has his friends...

StayDead

Anura beat JoeInky 2-0
JoeInky beat Hatchtag 2-0
Qikz went 2-0 vs Joe (due to a forfeit match after a DC with Joe)
Qikz went 0-2 vs Anura

www.hitbox.tv/makai

ggs Anura and Joe. There must've been a problem somwhere on the route between me/Joe and you Makai because I was feeling some lag there. There wasn't any yesterday so I guess it's a problem on one of the transatlantic lines. Are you on BT by any chance Joe?

There's something really weird going on with the internet in this country at the minute, our main route to Germany is having a lot of issues too. Lag or no lag, ggs! I need to learn to play better against Robin and Ness it would seem :p

Dotty is a scrub. ( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

How did you manage to end up adding a u into my name despite quoting a guy spelling it right? Hello operator? I think I'm being trolled :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
ggs Anura and Joe. There must've been a problem somwhere on the route between me/Joe and you Makai because I was feeling some lag there. There wasn't any yesterday so I guess it's a problem on one of the transatlantic lines. Are you on BT by any chance Joe?

There's something really weird going on with the internet in this country at the minute, our main route to Germany is having a lot of issues too. Lag or no lag, ggs! I need to learn to play better against Robin and Ness it would seem :p

How did you manage to end up adding a u into my name despite quoting a guy spelling it right? Hello operator? I think I'm being trolled :p

I typoed it and hit qu instinctively and then edited right after I noticed it. Was quoted too fast though.

They're characters who are conceptually complete, already have animations, effects and likely a lot of the AI from the previous games to work with. They'd need an art pass and redone models just like everything else, but having Brawl's assets at the base (and being a character that already has all their moves and abilities designed from previous games) saves significant time over someone you're developing for the first inclusion in the game.

If they were running on the Wii U version at any point, even if it was just a test concept using Brawl's assets and logic, then it really is pointless to let them sit. Plus that's all hinging on if the 3DS version gets DLC in the first place which it might not be designed to support, or they may just not be interested in pushing. MK7's sold more than double what MK8 has but even with updates to it, it never got DLC support and MK8's already getting half a game's worth of content exclusively for it. There's more factors at play than just audience.

You're overestimating how "importing" Brawl characters would decrease the workload. That might have been the case with Melee assets in Brawl but the jump in fidelity is way higher. Yes, IC requires less work and effort than a completely new character but it wouldn't be a quick job as you are suggesting.

Also sure why you're comparing MK7, a game that was released shortly after the launch of the eShop, and MK8 to the Smash situation.

I'm not saying they won't or shouldn't do it. It just makes more sense to work on characters that can be sold to and enjoyed by both Wii U and 3DS users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom