• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm picking that one up. I like how the game looks and plays and did want to get into it at one point, but I guess I'm just going to be fickle and stick to Smash and GG this winter season.
I am in the same boat. All three games are fantastic, but I am working 60 hours a week and going to school part time. Picking up even two fighting games is going to be hard. Hopefully Nine doesn't come out for BBCP, or I will have to fulfill my promise to Q and buy that.

PKGaming

Banned
It's a replacement mechanic for DI (directional influence). In previous games, the defending player could attempt to survive and escape combos by influencing the direction of their knockback. Now the defending player has a lot more control than they did before in that they can influence not only their direction, but also the amount of knockback. It's speculated that this might make combos harder/non-existent, but exactly how effective the mechanic is isn't known yet.

I think it'd be better to call it Knockback Influence or KI.

Azure J

I am in the same boat. All three games are fantastic, but I am working 60 hours a week and going to school part time. Picking up even two fighting games is going to be hard. Hopefully Nine doesn't come out for BBCP, or I will have to fulfill my promise to Q and buy that.

Nine would probably make me seriously consider BB as well. Dat hat.

Yes, I am that easy to please.

How are DLC characters not possible?

I'm just pulling that out of my ass. But I'm assuming adding characters would be a lot more work than adding stages. I can imagine Sakurai spending a ton of time making sure each DLC character was balanced relative to all the other characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is a gallery of assist trophies.

http://imgur.com/a/eVwaM

No Isaac, Ray MK3, Jill, Barbara, ExciteBikes, Helirin, and Mr. Resetti icon.

Again, Someone said that they saw Sheriff as assist trophy but there is no Sheriff icon. Same for Ghosts (Pac Man).

I don't think I'm picking that one up. I like how the game looks and plays and did want to get into it at one point, but I guess I'm just going to be fickle and stick to Smash and GG this winter season.

Yeah, I agreed.

nerdbot

I fully expect both new characters and new stages as DLC sometime in mid 2015 if I had to guess.

My guess is that they'll make new characters free and have stages to come with them on both platforms, or DLC characters will be Wii U exclusive and cost cash dollars, I dunno.

It would be SOOO smart of them to introduce something free to come out alongside DLC, it's what Nintendo has done in the past with their DLC efforts too, (everyone updated Mario Kart 8 for the Mercedes stuff and got the store and the ability to preorder for new courses) and honestly it just makes sense considering how the division between the two Smashes will work.

Hatchtag

Banned
Here is a gallery of assist trophies.

http://imgur.com/a/eVwaM

No Isaac, Ray MK3, Jill, Barbara, ExciteBikes, Helirin, and Mr. Resetti icon.

Again, Someone said that they saw Sheriff as assist trophy but there is no Sheriff icon. Same for Ghosts (Pac Man).

Those are the online profile icons, not a list of assist trophies. Brawl had them too. Ancient Minister was one in Brawl. Hell, this game has icons such as this:
SmS0fy3.png

Neoxon

I'm just pulling that out of my ass. But I'm assuming adding characters would be a lot more work than adding stages. I can imagine Sakurai spending a ton of time making sure each DLC character was balanced relative to all the other characters.
Pretty much every single fighting game released in recent memory has balanced DLC characters quite well. What makes Sakurai any different?

ESRB Leak had a Tharja trophy in it, plus a higher total trophy count. The trophy count is lower, plus Tharja is not a trophy anymore. She was too lewd.
THANKS NINTENDO

Pretty much every single fighting game released in recent memory has balanced DLC characters quite well. What makes Sakurai any different?
He'll probably fuck it up somehow and only make Vectorman and Vector the Crocodile DLC characters.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm not really sure I want to support a company which clearly has a thing against asses.

I'm pretty sure DK's isn't as well sculpted as it was back when Rare handled him either!

Meanwhile, Bayonetta 2.

This is the only fighting game/series I keep up with, so I wouldn't know. That being said, Smash seems like there are more variables to keep track of versus other fighting games (that I'm not very familiar with).

sorry if I offend someone that LOVES other fighting games

Kyuur

Game isn't even out in NA or EU and people are already clamoring for DLC rofl. I swear some people enjoy speculating on game content more than they actually enjoy the game.

nerdbot

Game isn't even out in NA or EU and people are already clamoring for DLC rofl. I swear some people enjoy speculating on game content more than they actually enjoy the game.

Smash Bros is just a game where you're always left clamoring for more. I don't envy Sakurai because he's created a game that fosters absolute insatiability in every way.

I am absolutely astounded by how much they squeezed into the 3DS version alone, but it's hard not to get thinking about how much I want the Ice Climbers back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom