• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she did get a few scenes in the trailer showing her attacks. What I mean is that if she had original attacks or at least visually tweaked attacks, wouldn't they have shown those there, rather than just ones that look identical to Marth's?

Edit: Also, she even has the same standing stance as Marth - and even the Melee clones had their own standing poses.

I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to know how they choose to show clone characters nor am I sure wut you're getting at. Maybe they want to show more of her later through pics seeing how this trailer reveal was clearly more for Robin?

NeonZ

I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to know how they choose to show clone characters nor am I sure wut you're getting at. Maybe they want to show more of her later through pics seeing how this trailer reveal was clearly more for Robin?

It's not a matter of "clone" characters. Lucina was showcased by the trailer, even if she had smaller focus than Robin, and yet they didn't bother showing anything unique about her moves. I just think the idea that they'd make a showcase for her and not show what is supposed to make her stand out doesn't make any sense. Aside from obvious different proprieties, I really think you're just fooling yourself if you think they're guarding some big secrets about her moveset.

Yes they are, and I'm done having this discussion.

Could you link to some analysis that noticed differences? From what I can see, even their standing pose is the same, and that was something not shared even by the melee clones.

MarthvsLucina_zpsad1c9585.png

Man if it wasn't for the most recent potd, right about now I might have been clamoring for Rayman's inclusion. But now I guess I'll stick to Mewtwo (so you know who to thank if a Mewtwo trophy pops tonight)

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
It is gonna be lame if Lucina leeched Marth's speed.

As EmCeeGramr and other posters rightly underlined in the other thread, it's time to stop thinking as "The Leak" as being a matter of black and white.

It is not, and never was, gospel. Maybe the leaker is entirely legit still, as human mistakes happens. But as Rosalina proved before it, and as today reminds us (not only as Chrom being disconfirmed but also as Shulk not being there yet), real leak or not, there is more to the game than what he told us and there is no reason to think X/Y/Z character is out or in based on their absence in his list.

Today's events officially made him an unreliable source.

Yeah I'm more or less in the same boat. I didn't really think that the leak was all that was left after thinking about it and I'm pretty sure the original leak was real.

The thing is, with Chrom deconfirmed, some of the people who were against it due to getting rid of a lot of speculation or didn't like that their favourites weren't in it will use this to try and say that it was bullshit/lucky from the start. Shulk being confirmed more than likely won't convince anyone, especially after that retweet from the Xenoblade writer. The Chorus Men/Kids are the only thing to make it seem credible to the majority again.

Like I said earlier, I think the first leak was real but I can somewhat understand people's scepticism with the second leak due to "Pokemon from XY", getting Chrom wrong (which could be just the leaker being full of it or making a mistake) and Shulk, Mii Fighter, Palutena and Pac-Man being so called "obvious choices."

I'm hoping the pic explains Robin's fighting system right out of the gate! I hope it isn't too steeped in randomness (like down b = random spell book or whatever)

Her nair is the same animation as Marths, but I don't mind.

icLxLk0.gif

actually checking out the trailer again at that particular scene it doesnt seem like an exact 1:1 she seems to be moving forward a slight bit while marths seems more fluid in the spin also it looks like she does a back hand swing as well near the end of it ??

i think the really interesting thing about the stance is that it works for her character since she does pretend to be marth so her having the same standing animation kind of makes sense at least story wise

Cody_D165

Banned
Captain Falcon

(why not :p)

I might be the only one in the world who thinks this, but at this point I'd be content if every Pic of the Day until release centered around Captain Falcon.

He was the last thing I was waiting on. To me, everything else we get is from here on out is just icing on the cake.

Yeah I'm more or less in the same boat. I didn't really think that the leak was all that was left after thinking about it and I'm pretty sure the original leak was real.

The thing is, with Chrom deconfirmed, some of the people who were against it due to getting rid of a lot of speculation or didn't like that their favourites weren't in it will use this to try and say that it was bullshit/lucky from the start. Shulk being confirmed more than likely won't convince anyone, especially after that retweet from the Xenoblade writer. The Chorus Men/Kids are the only thing to make it seem credible to the majority again.

Like I said earlier, I think the first leak was real but I can somewhat understand people's scepticism with the second leak due to "Pokemon from XY", getting Chrom wrong (which could be just the leaker being full of it or making a mistake and Shulk, Palutena and Pac-Man being so called "obvious choices."

Pac-Man was the first leak not the 2nd

EulaCapra

People still arguing whether Lucina is an alt? That was my minimum wish in order for her to get in but now that's she's confirmed, of course she's a separate character. Clone Toon Link is separate from Link already, Lucina has that mask animation from the screenshot, and would they really have gone through all the trouble to make specific animations and voice for her just to make her a separate costume for Marth that takes X amount of clicks to get through? I don't think the select screen will change from Marth to Lucina or box in Marth/Lucina in one square. Seems like a hassle.

Let us embrace her like Toon Link or Melee Falco and Ganondorf.

I'm hoping that Sakurai clarifies what exactly Lucina is in the POTD tonight just so that we all realize how much time and effort we've wasted today.
Beelzebufo has already stated that he will view her as an alt no matter what Sakurai says so this is all moot and a part of his trolling.

I expect there will be a specific order like Olimar's Pikmin.

That's my hope too! Gotta say though, the electric attacks looked absolutely dope. Because Robin always seemed to have a book ready awkward hand (even after throwing away his book) I doubt he can really run out of spells for a whole match or anything crazy like that

That's my hope too! Gotta say though, the electric attacks looked absolutely dope. Because Robin always seemed to have a book ready awkward hand (even after throwing away his book) I doubt he can really run out of spells for a whole match or anything crazy like that

everyone ignored my terribad robin moveset smashgaf hates me confirmed

That edit was before that mod "called me out" lol. He just missed my post.

Her move set is literally exactly the same. If she was an alt for Marth, this is exactly what it would look like. We won't know anything more until Sakurai clarifies further. Even if she does have her own slot on the select screen, she's essentially an alt for Marth anyway.

But it's a shame that everyone's so hostile today. I'm not gonna try arguing with a brick wall, so I'm gonna stop. Hopefully Sakurai clarifies soon, I'm interested to see what her situation is.

"So confident"? I said it's 50/50. Which it is.
There we go.

Duderz

Banned
So in addition to the 36 characters already confirmed, we're still waiting on (realistically):

Ness
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Wario
Metaknight
Lucas

I was disappointed that Shulk wasn't unveiled today, but thankfully that doesn't mean he's out 100% at all, and it blows the lid open for other candidates.

repost from before lol

i honestly think robins gonna play like a stance character with the sword for normals and for keeping fools away while setting up magic combos lol.

in seriousness i think his specials might go like this
neutral b>thunder tomes
side b> fire tomes(it seems its just elfire though)
down b> nosferatu
up b> wind tomes

and his normals will change based on that / i also predict he will be able to change spells in the air as well at least thats what im predicting but im bad at movesets so what do i know :T

also beelzebufo i dont hate ya man lol just different opinions is all i think she could go either way to (which is why im gonna trailer study the crap of the reveal trailer lol)

Her move set is literally exactly the same. If she was an alt for Marth, this is exactly what it would look like. We won't know anything more until Sakurai clarifies further. Even if she does have her own slot on the select screen, she's essentially an alt for Marth anyway.

But it's a shame that everyone's so hostile today. I'm not gonna try arguing with a brick wall, so I'm gonna stop. Hopefully Sakurai clarifies soon, I'm interested to see what her situation is.

"So confident"? I said it's 50/50. Which it is.
"Even if I'm wrong I consider her an alt anyway so I'm not really wrong!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom