• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wouldn't work. Robin would basically break how special inputs work compared to every single other Smash character. The simplicity of Smash is that you can generally understand what a move does because of how it relates to the input, and so anyone can more or less pick up a random Smash character and understand at least basically understand how to play them. I mean, Up B used as a grab attack instead of recovery? How does she recover, then? Is it intuitive? I don't think so.

I think it's far likelier that Down B or taunt (maybe) would be your method of swapping tomes, if anything.

The only question is how you get the Levin Sword.

yeah true the special moveset i picked didnt seem very simple once reading it over :/ actually thinking about this made me think how kirby will work as well inregards to robin i do think there probably is going to be some kind magic+normals incorporated though and someway to fast switch your spells(since you see female robin doing that)

also yeah im curious as to how the levine sword will work

My favourites:

screen-3.jpg
This is one of my favorite too, it's a nice hidden tribute.

I'd be excited, but he didn't come out of Japan. I think any Epic Final Unlock would need to be a character that every region at least has a chance of recognizing.

hmm I see your point, but that could be argued by the fact that marth (and roy - rip) came around melee when FE wasn't a staple amongst western gamers.

plus im sure many people at the time didn't know who mr.g&w was. i know i didn't when i unlocked him.

what choices might you have in mind?

Please make a high res version! Would definitely use it.

Now I just need to find one for my phone!
I'm using that sexy Lucina/Robin are for my phone background. Looks great!

Can you make a version where the Smash logo is on the left, and the characters are all on the right? I keep my icons on the left.
That was actually my first design, and for the same reasons (design on one side, icons on the the other). I'll make multiple versions, one logo centered and one logo to the side.

EDIT: Saw enough people like it so, cool, I'll go ahead and do it. I'll try and get the current roster done in the next few days.

-Horizon-

Calling it now: tonight's pic confirms Shulk as an Assist Trophy and all hell breaks loose in Smash communities everywhere.

Pic of the Day! Shulk appears as an Assist Trophy to lend his blade! What, were you expecting to see him earlier?

What if its a trophy of Riki????? Rampant speculation boogaloo 2.

JoeInky

Gosh I hope so. If they do that then the FD stages will effectively eliminate a big part of why Project M was so necessary last gen, and if they couple that with good game balance overall, well... Smash 4 will have a significant shot of being a real gem of a competitive game.

I would not say that the stages were a big part of why Project M was so necessary, we already had enough tournament legal stages in vanilla brawl, enough considering what we're used to in melee anyway, It was practically everything else about the game that made Project M necessary.

Actually having platforms on the "FD" versions would be great though, epecially if they're not all in just a battlefield style and had a bit of variation depending on the stage.

Neiteio

Calling it now: tonight's pic confirms Shulk as an Assist Trophy and all hell breaks loose in Smash communities everywhere.

Pic of the Day! Shulk appears as an Assist Trophy to lend his blade! What, were you expecting to see him earlier?
This would be amazing

Bravetriforcer

Neo Member
Robin, my absolute dream newcomer 2nd only to Ridley, confirmed.

Gematsu's 2nd "leak" deconfirmed.

Captain Falcon is now canonically a Demi-God.

Today was the best day, and you are a whiny baby if you think otherwise.

I used to wonder about this for the longest. Just like how Toon Link doesn't use either the Windwaker (Controllable cyclones with Ballad of The Gales) or the Four Sword (GENEI-JIN) for his final smash.

Toon Link summoning 3 clones is so obvious. My heart sunk when I saw him wielding the Master Sword again.

His FS should be stabbing the opponent from above, turning them to stone, then pulling the sword back out to make the rock explode and launch the opponent.

TheChits

I used to wonder about this for the longest. Just like how Toon Link doesn't use either the Windwaker (Controllable cyclones with Ballad of The Gales) or the Four Sword (GENEI-JIN) for his final smash.

This is genius. I didn't even know I wanted this until now

NeonZ

So... with recent events occurring, has the possibility of Dark Pit being a clone been discussed?

It was mentioned a few times, yes. This makes it a lot more likely, although some people still think he might be a boss character for Pallutena's stage.

hmm I see your point, but that could be argued by the fact that marth (and roy - rip) came around melee when FE wasn't a staple amongst western gamers.

plus im sure many people at the time didn't know who mr.g&w was. i know i didn't when i unlocked him.

what choices might you have in mind?
Hmm... if I, a mere mortal, was tasked to make an awesome Final Unlockable Character for Smash 4...

I think I'd pick Sheriff. He's a pretty important piece of Nintendo history and, while he risks the run of ending up generic, I think Sakurai could do a good job with him.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I reaaaally hope Megaman's alt is Protoman.

Alas, its probably going to be him in his Rush Adapter form.

I like Lucina, I liked her in FEA and I liked her more than Chrom there, too. That said, I would have loved (another) non-sword user from FE, but I guess if anyone from that game was realistically getting in it was Robin, Chrom, or Lucina. I do appreciate Robin, though, and I think the new mechanic they present could be interesting (am hoping for a fixed order for the tomes though).

Maybe we can get Lissa, Tharja, Henry, or Anna as ATs.

Also, Captain Falcon looks great in this game. Not only is his character art fantastic (and a huge step up from Brawl's art), but in game he looks great, too. I'm hoping some of the other veterans have received just as much of an upgrade, especially Ice Climbers - no more dead eyes would be great.

EDIT: After the Chrom thing, I'm also interested in Dark Pit and how they'll be implemented.

So, I threw this together today due to hype and hearing people ask for more Smash wallpapers. I wanted to get you guys' opinion on it. This is really rough (some of the squares don't line up and such), but do you think it would be worth it to make a higher res version of this:

g90tGCa.png

I did this pretty quickly, I just wanted to be able to show the basic idea for the wallpaper. If you guys dig it, I'll make a higher res version and keep adding characters as they're announced. Let me know what you think!

I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom