• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

5a4.gif

254.png

388.jpg

Oh Sakurai, how I love to join you on this journey.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I think ignoring your posts means they don't hate you enough to bother.

I don't see it. I said there's barely any difference outside of the select screen placement, but that's the only difference that matters anyway. You're overthinking my post.

I'm just quoting you.

Beelzebufo, you are obviously not interested in honest discussion about this.

Drop this and don't ever bring it up again. Don't even respond to this post.

EDIT: Oh come on, you edited that.

Anyway, what topics do you guys want to discuss? What are we allowed to discuss? Can we talk about the new F-Zero stage? What do you think that'll be?

I guess now we play the waiting game.

Toxi

Banned
Maridia would make a pretty interesting Smash Bros stage. The tube would be a great destructible bottom to the stage. I guess it wouldn't work out if there's no water in this one.

MaridiaSB.jpg

You know what I'm done with that. I'm going to move onto something more fun:

What will Kirby look like after absorbing Robin!? Will he be holding a book? I hope so with their hairstyles as well.

Moonlight

Banned
repost from before lol

i honestly think robins gonna play like a stance character with the sword for normals and for keeping fools away while setting up magic combos lol.

in seriousness i think his specials might go like this
neutral b>thunder tomes
side b> fire tomes(it seems its just elfire though)
down b> nosferatu
up b> wind tomes

and his normals will change based on that / i also predict he will be able to change spells in the air as well at least thats what im predicting but im bad at movesets so what do i know :T

also beelzebufo i dont hate ya man lol just different opinions is all i think she could go either way to (which is why im gonna trailer study the crap of the reveal trailer lol)
This wouldn't work. Robin would basically break how special inputs work compared to every single other Smash character. The simplicity of Smash is that you can generally understand what a move does because of how it relates to the input, and so anyone can more or less pick up a random Smash character and understand at least basically understand how to play them. I mean, Up B used to swap to wind? How does she recover, then? Is it intuitive? I don't think so.

I think it's far likelier that Down B or taunt (maybe) would be your method of swapping tomes, if anything.

The only question is how you get the Levin Sword.

Eegah

Was hoping for a non-captain falcon related f-zero character, maybe goroh or bio Rex. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until SSB5.

Maridia would make a pretty interesting Smash Bros stage. The tube would be a great destructible bottom to the stage. I guess it wouldn't work out if there's no water in this one.

MaridiaSB.jpg

I don't think we've had an all/mostly underwater stage. But I supposed a floaty physics stage would be that fun.

Looking back at old smash videos I'm reminded of the whole 'final destination version' of stages thing. I really love that feature and hope it gets implemented with most stages (and maybe our cries for some platforms were heard?)

So, I threw this together today due to hype and hearing people ask for more Smash wallpapers. I wanted to get you guys' opinion on it. This is really rough (some of the squares don't line up and such), but do you think it would be worth it to make a higher res version of this:

g90tGCa.png

I did this pretty quickly, I just wanted to be able to show the basic idea for the wallpaper. If you guys dig it, I'll make a higher res version and keep adding characters as they're announced. Let me know what you think!

Berordn

Speaking of Maridia, how the balls is Samus' FS not the Power Bomb ?

Power Bombs are an item this time, at least!

In Smash Run, anyway. I don't think it's popped up anywhere else.

So, I threw this together today due to hype and hearing people ask for more Smash wallpapers. I wanted to get you guys' opinion on it. This is really rough (some of the squares don't line up and such), but do you think it would be worth it to make a higher res version of this:

I did this pretty quickly, I just wanted to be able to show the basic idea for the wallpaper. If you guys dig it, I'll make a higher res version and keep adding characters as they're announced. Let me know what you think!

I'd rearrange my icons for that.

Azure J

I used to wonder about this for the longest. Just like how Toon Link doesn't use either the Windwaker (Controllable cyclones with Ballad of The Gales) or the Four Sword (GENEI-JIN) for his final smash.

Please make a high res version! Would definitely use it.

Now I just need to find one for my phone!

how does gaf feel about this little guy:

disksystemtile_001.jpg
be the final surprise character to unlock?
I'd be excited, but he didn't come out of Japan. I think any Epic Final Unlock would need to be a character that every region at least has a chance of recognizing.

Looking back at old smash videos I'm reminded of the whole 'final destination version' of stages thing. I really love that feature and hope it gets implemented with most stages (and maybe our cries for some platforms were heard?)
Gosh I hope so. If they do that then the FD stages will effectively eliminate a big part of why Project M was so necessary last gen, and if they couple that with good game balance overall, well... Smash 4 will have a significant shot of being a real gem of a competitive game.

JoeInky

You should be able to use a fully charged beam to drop a power bomb, either that or just the bomb spread, might make the move actually useful if they're not going to have it explode on contact.

Neiteio

g90tGCa.png

Can you make a version where the Smash logo is on the left, and the characters are all on the right? I keep my icons on the left.

g90tGCa.png

I have wondered what the final "rainbow" would look like, once the full roster's been revealed. I'd probably wait until then, but yeah, this project has merit.

Also, goddamn Smash has way too many blue character backgrounds.

Tomorrows pic of the day will confirm xenoblade franchise is in smash, people proceed to panic again
Calling it now: tonight's pic confirms Shulk as an Assist Trophy and all hell breaks loose in Smash communities everywhere.

Pic of the Day! Shulk appears as an Assist Trophy to lend his blade! What, were you expecting to see him earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom