• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

If Mario Kart can have Link driving a kart as a DLC, anything can happen with Smash Bros :p

Exactly what I was thinking.
Hell with the push of DLC alone for MK, i can't see nintendo ignoring it for Smash.
They want that money and they know SSB DLC would be an even easier sell.

J@hranimo

Banned
....I just returned from dat MK8 DLC leak thread.

oh my god.

smash better get this treatment with all of Brawl's vets returning!

sfz

Banned
1409088127205.jpg

New Leaf Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser, & some new tracks.
Nice stuff.

Jawmuncher

it's not a leak >.>

Still it's good news nonetheless for us more than likely.

The idea that the WiiU version would have character additions to make up for the wait.
With those character being DLC for Smash on 3DS and then perhaps more DLC down the line for both doesn't sound too crazy now.

J@hranimo

Banned
This is it.

I refuse to believe otherwise. Smash Bros is getting DLC. It's got to. It's too big of a franchise to not bank on more content.

Holy crap, what if there were DLC stages based on games coming out? Like new Yoshi, new Starfox, Splatoon, if it happens new Metroid, etc..

Oh yeah definitely. It makes so much sense now. They did say MK8 was going to implement it back at E3, so this must be it!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Dr. Wright is already in as an assist trophy, unless I'm mistaken, so he's not a likely character. But I came to think of another well know character in the world of finance:

mrmonopolykzjfj.png

Rich Uncle Pennybags has been licensed to a bunch of companies, so it probably wouldn't be very hard to get him in. Question is if Nintendo would want to pay any license fee (I assume NO), for I don't think Hasbro would be begging Nintendo to put Pennybags in.

There are these globally known characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Batman, Superman etc., and I'd say Mr. Monopoly is among them. So it's nothing obscure and could work well. Nintendo wants to enter new markets so this perhaps could be a good opportunity to build bridges. They've worked together before, but relationships can always be improved.

sfz

Banned
Rösti;127197359 said:
Dr. Wright is already in as an assist trophy, unless I'm mistaken, so he's not a likely character. But I came to think of another well know character in the world of finance:

mrmonopolykzjfj.png

Rich Uncle Pennybags has been licensed to a bunch of companies, so it probably wouldn't be very hard to get him in. Question is if Nintendo would want to pay any license fee (I assume NO), for I don't think Hasbro would be begging Nintendo to put Pennybags in.

There are these globally known characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Batman, Superman etc., and I'd say Mr. Monopoly is among them. So it's nothing obscure and could work well. Nintendo wants to enter new markets so this perhaps could be a good opportunity to build bridges. They've worked together before, but relationships can always be improved.
No way I can see this happening.

Jawmuncher

Since we basically have DLC as a very high chance now for Smash.
It should make the road leading up to the WiiU version pretty exciting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rösti;127197359 said:
Wario? ;)

Golnei

At least DLC seems much more likely now. A similar schedule to the MK8 packs with two per version could work well enough.

Though I'm unsure if they could keep the central SSB4 team together for that long, considering they're mainly Namco staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom