• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo's history, not just the last few years. Wii Fit was sort of a cultural phenomenon from 2007-2009, and it's one of Nintendo's best-selling games ever.
... Yeah, you're right. Can't even argue with it.

I took the 'at least Wii Fit is a relevant series' remark as inviting a comparison to how washed up Mother or Zelda were supposed to be. I guess I read too much into it; taken on it's own it's accurate.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
In the other thread somebody mentioned that people determined who the Motherfucking Leaker was and made a pastebin with tons of his personal information in it to punish him, including his GAF account info. One of the things the pastebin said was "this is what you get for lying about Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, Ridley, and Mach Rider."

Is there any more information on this? Is the aggressor who posted that pastebin saying there are no additional characters?

It's all pretty heavy.

That would be a pretty major dick move if true. Also, a GAF account would mean the leaker was here all along. Hmm.

emb

Wii Fit Trainer salt still exists!?
Yes. :)

I'm not even mad. Someone else said 'if x doesn't get and y does', and going off of that, I'm just saying, we already have worse characters than y. (Though I actually struggled to think of a newcomer I wasn't really stoked about.)

... Yeah, you're right. Can't even argue with it.

I took the 'at least Wii Fit is a relevant series' remark as inviting a comparison to how washed up Mother or Zelda were supposed to be. I guess I read too much into it; taken on it's own it's accurate.
I mean Mother is more "washed up" than either. At least gamers who don't fancy importing or emulating translation patches have a chance of recognising WFT.

In the other thread somebody mentioned that people determined who the Motherfucking Leaker was and made a pastebin with tons of his personal information in it to punish him, including his GAF account info. One of the things the pastebin said was "this is what you get for lying about Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, Ridley, and Mach Rider."

Is there any more information on this? Is the aggressor who posted that pastebin saying there are no additional characters?

It's all pretty heavy.

Reminds me of the time my friend got doxxed because some dude got pissed off that he kept trolling about Ridley on GameFAQs.

Ahnez

Anyways, what do you guys expect of Duck Hunt Dog/Dark Pit?
I expect Dark Pit to have a few different weapons from Pit, but doing the same things

Like using a Club instead of an Arm for his Side-B, making it stronger but with shorter range..
Well, Dark Pit main weapon in Uprising is the Silver Bow, which basically is the short range oriented version of Pit's Palutena Bow, so I expect a more close-combat oriented Pit :p

IDK what to expect from DHD

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh oh oh, we should be getting Famitsu soon, right?

Last week was Pac-Man's Custom Moves, maybe we'll see Mega or Sonic this time?

Bowser Jr. Time!!
tumblr_nadbz2m1HS1rv6iido1_500.gif

tumblr_n9pkz6wV1C1r1xqmco2_400.gif

emb

I mean Mother is more "washed up" than either. At least gamers who don't fancy importing or emulating translation patches have a chance of recognising WFT.
I think if those people self-identify as 'gamers' and are interested in Smash Bros. then there's a good chance they already know who Lucas is anyway.

But there's no use in quibbling about it, we'll just agree that all of them should be in. RIP Lucas.

We wonder what MasterBalls ideal Smash Roster would look like.
Because now i'm curious.
The current leaked roster -Rob and + Hades, Ivysaur, Tom Nook (Villager clone), Mallo from Pushmo, and Ridley because I do like seeing good things happen to bad people.
I think if those people self-identify as 'gamers' and are interested in Smash Bros. then there's a good chance they already know who Lucas is anyway.

But there's no use in quibbling about it, we'll just agree that all of them should be in. RIP Lucas.
To be honest it's weird they'd cut him because of how low effort he'd be to add.

I expect Dark Pit to have a few different weapons from Pit, but doing the same things

Like using a Club instead of an Arm for his Side-B, making it stronger but with shorter range..
Well, Dark Pit main weapon in Uprising is the Silver Bow, which basically is the short range oriented version of Pit's Palutena Bow, so I expect a more close-combat oriented Pit :p

IDK what to expect from DHD

Dark Pit's staff please :p
If they really want to differentiate Dark Pit from Pit, make him only stick to one weapon (hopefully his staff) instead of multiple weapon like Pit xD

SoldnerKei

correct me if I am wrong, but according to the leak, the only newcomers that lack a reveal video are DHD. Bowser Jr and Shulk right? let's say that since Dark Pit is a clone, showing up at the end of palutena's trailer pretty much confirms him, as for Dr Mario, he could appear in Bowser Jr reveal video or something like that

I doubt they will announce possible hidden veterans like Ganondorf, Wario, Falco, Jigglypuff, etc, unless they appear on Shulks video

of course, taking in count their statement that there are still videos of newcomers to show off, do you think we are done with veterans guys and they will just show newcomers? since we have 3 weeks and few days before japan release

Blizzard

Banned
D'awww.

Say what you want about Bowser, but he is no deadbeat dad.

The mother however.
I was curious about this and tried searching -- apparently Miyamoto confirmed that the other koopalings aren't Bowser's real children, only Bowser Jr., and we don't know who the mother is. :O

Jawmuncher

The current leaked roster -Rob and + Hades, Ivysaur, Tom Nook (Villager clone), Mallo from Pushmo, and Ridley because I do like seeing good things happen to bad people.

To be honest it's weird they'd cut him because of how low effort he'd be to add.

I can't say no to Hades. He better be the next KIU rep if that ever happens.

Hatchtag

Banned
I can only imagine how great the rumored and hopefully happening Smash 4 DLC will be after this Mario Kart 8 leak. Like, god damn.

Hatchtag

Banned
Did Iwata anger the gods? Why is so much information leaking in such a short timeframe?

Smash 4 leaks are to be expected around this time.
The Mario Kart 8 leak was a legitimate fuck up on their part, though.

Regardless, I'm guessing like Mario Kart 8 there'll be separate packs, each with a few characters, new stages, and old stages. And while I want the cut veterans to return, I don't want the DLC to be just cut veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom