• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfz

Banned
My skepticism for Chorus Men and Ridley is pretty high.

I mean Ice Climbers had 2 people controlled at once. Would Chorus Men have 3?

Wait
It's all making sense
Chorus Men are replacing Ice Climbers?

Bringing up ROB

If you had to choose Ice Climbers or Rob who would you pick for the roster?
I gotta say i'd go with Ice Climbers. They both represent the same era and the ice climbers even without their veteran status were just so much more interesting a character in my book.

Obviously the best case is no cuts as always.

Ice Climbers and it's not even close. I never play as them, but they're unique fighters, they're cute, and they've become a staple of Smash in my mind. I think ROB, on the other hand, is one of the most boring characters on the roster, and I wouldn't shed a single tear if he was cut.

Are you kidding me?! What happened to the ducks getting shulked title?
This isn't a democracy.

Anyway, an I the only one who had their eyes glued on Ganondorf rather than Shulk in the video? As a huge fan of Melee Ganondorf, I don't know quite what to think.

Bringing up ROB

I gotta say i'd go with Ice Climbers. They both represent the same era and the ice climbers even without their veteran status were just so much more interesting a character in my book.

ROB any day of the week. He's my favorite character in the game. I feel like he's one of the most unique character additions.

What is the proper chronology of the 4chan, Ninka, and Vaanrose leak?

The 4chan leak was apparently this:

h6wrl2i.jpg

Did this come AFTER the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks, or before? From the text below, it appears as if this leak came after the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks, but at the time, they were only known to the Smashboards mods.

Is this correct?

Yup.

I feel 50/50 we are seeing the final roster for 3ds already though. The remaining characters might be added as DLC to 3DS to go with the Wii u version.

Either way it's a pretty good roster as is, that will become perfect if they add another 3-5 slots.

Feltrol

Banned
Sure. It's my most wanted 2014 game now.
Not really, that's Captain Toad :3
by the way, where the f** have you been? I miss you in GAFcc :(

Can't wait to battle against you. This time it will be me who will have the winning streak, though!

And I've just been busy with life, you know. Might get back to Mario Kart if I get the chance to do so, but I will definitely have time for some Smash. :)

Golnei

Bringing up ROB

I'd hate to lose either, but the Ice Climbers bring so much more uniqueness to the game through their signature mechanic. They're also much more strongly identified with the Smash series at this point, whereas ROB is part of a more general Nintendo iconography that had already showed up in Mario Kart and F-Zero at the time of his Brawl debut.

emb

So people are going to ask for Duck Hunt hk reboot? :p
It's hard to imagine Nintendo releasing Duck Hunt today. Even though many of their games are more violent, the imagery of hunting seems kinda brutal for them.

It was in Wii Play though, and cartoony enough that it wasn't weird or anything. I just can't see them releasing another game under the name 'Duck Hunt'.

So people are going to ask for Duck Hunt hk reboot? :p

I really like his trap master archetype so now he's probably gone so I can't see anyone replacing him.
Haha maybe, I could see something happening. Obviously not straight duck hunt, but I bet they could figure something out.

backlot

What is the proper chronology of the 4chan, Ninka, and Vaanrose leak?

The 4chan leak was apparently this:

h6wrl2i.jpg

Did this come AFTER the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks, or before? From the text below, it appears as if this leak came after the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks, but at the time, they were only known to the Smashboards mods.

Is this correct?
No, the leak was public before the 4chan leak. Smashboards mods say that nobody paid them attention until after the 4chan leak but it was all out there.

I better not see any ROB hate.
rob-stackup.jpg

This isn't a democracy.

Anyway, an I the only one who had their eyes glued on Ganondorf rather than Shulk in the video? As a huge fan of Melee Ganondorf, I don't know quite what to think.
No. I was more curious about Ganondorf either.

As a fan of Brawlerdorf, I am pleased.

I really don't see Ridley happening at this point. Chorus Men, Dixie and Mewtwo--along with the secret reappearance of Lucas and the ICs--would be a perfect way to round out the roster.

sfz

Banned
I really don't see Ridley happening at this point. Chorus Men, Dixie and Mewtwo--along with the secret reappearance of Lucas and the ICs--would be a perfect way to round out the roster.
But these characters were all on the DLC list which ended up being a lie. So I don't think we'll see them.

Golnei

Haha maybe, I could see something happening. Obviously not straight duck hunt, but I bet they could figure something out.

Hunter Duck - a RTS where you control masses of enraged ducks in their quest for vengeance against hunters and their laughing dogs.

AdanVC

Holy fleck. A new thread already? Also, that title makes me cry and even if I barely choose Snake on Brawl now I want it back :(

Better than cutting Lucas and putting in Wii Fit Trainer.

but Wii Fit was actually a good game!

But these characters were all on the DLC list which ended up being a lie. So I don't think we'll see them.

I'm referring to the pic above, which I don't think mentions DLC?

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if what we've seen is the final roster despite the locked All-Star mode thing.

Cse

Banned
Yup.

I feel 50/50 we are seeing the final roster for 3ds already though. The remaining characters might be added as DLC to 3DS to go with the Wii u version.

Either way it's a pretty good roster as is, that will become perfect if they add another 3-5 slots.

Wow. That's...quite significant then.

The cynic in me believes that it was a Smashboards mod that made the 4chan post, simply so they could link it with the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks that only they knew about, simply to generate excitement.

On the other hand, if it were anyone else, then those really could be the remaining characters. Shulk and Chrous Kids aren't exactly wild choices, given the Gematsu leak. However, the fact that he listed Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog before ANY other leak had mentioned those two characters is quite telling. Those are wildcard choices that came out of left field, and the fact that both of them ended up being correct lends quite a bit of credence to the rest of his list.

In the other thread somebody mentioned that people determined who the Motherfucking Leaker was and made a pastebin with tons of his personal information in it to punish him, including his GAF account info. One of the things the pastebin said was "this is what you get for lying about Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa, Ridley, and Mach Rider."

Is there any more information on this? Is the aggressor who posted that pastebin saying there are no additional characters?

It's all pretty heavy.

Ryce

I don't think Wii Fit is really relevant any more anyway. It's not 5 years ago any more.
Smash Bros. is a celebration of Nintendo's history, not just the last few years. Wii Fit was sort of a cultural phenomenon from 2007-2009, and it's one of Nintendo's best-selling games ever.

Cse

Banned
No, the leak was public before the 4chan leak. Smashboards mods say that nobody paid them attention until after the 4chan leak but it was all out there.

Ah...that's disappointing.

Pretty much means we're back to square one.

There roster could be final, or there could be 5 remaining characters....and if there are more, we really have no idea who they could be.

Had that 4chan post been made before the Ninka/Vaanrose rumors, I think it would have given it quite a bit of validity.

Fireblend

Banned
Why am I barely finding this out. :V

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/348/1/c/ridley_size_by_neoriceisgood-d6xy0r8.png[/IM]

Anyways, what do you guys expect of Duck Hunt Dog/Dark Pit?[/QUOTE]

DHD: Looking forward to it. Sakurai did such a good job with Bowser Jr. he convinced me of the character's potential with the 8 seconds of blurry footage we have. So I trust him and his team to come up with something equally as fun for Duck Hunt Dog.

Dark Pit: All I expect is a clone with maybe a couple different moves from Pit. Anything beyond that is bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom