• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 14: Snake... had a hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feltrol

Banned
You will be missed, Boss. RIP.

Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_(Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater).gif

Kriken

I'm going to predict now that this thread will last between 8-10 days with one veteran being revealed by Sakurai
That we already know about thanks to the leak :/

CloakBass

They called me many things when I swore Solid Snake would be playable in Smash 4.

Wrong.

Desperate.

In Denial.

Bv_c_nHCAAAjpMv.png:large

Who's wrong now?

I'm going to predict now that this thread will last between 8-10 days with one veteran being revealed by Sakurai
That we already know about thanks to the leak :/

Nothing wrong with that, at least we get to see images of them! Along with seeing what changes have been made.

emb

How does this compare to the Wii U Speculation threads? Those accelerated at a ridiculous pace, too.
BbCWg3b.png

Sorry if it already got answered and I missed it.

Basically Wii U speculation had a higher acceleration, but velocity topped out a lot lower than Smash threads. Last one would probably be faster if not cut short early for actual news.

sfz

Banned
ICs aren't confirmed cut, I keep saying this.

The roster wasn't full. There could be 5 more characters.

It would surprise me a lot if ICs were cut, being Melee veterans and unique.

Kriken

Nothing wrong with that, at least we get to see images of them! Along with seeing what changes have been made.

Yeah, but it won't be the same when Sakurai shows off Wario or Falco and the general response in the character reveal thread being: "Yeah, we already knew this"

emb

Was Snake deconfirmed or is this just about the leak?
Just assumed from the leak.

And the complete lack of Snake and MGS in any leak or official info so far.

I guess there was that one DLC rumor, but someone claimed they faked it. I don't see why anyone would really know DLC specifics anyway.

SuperSah

Banned
I never really did Event Matches in Brawl, but I never played that alone. If they're not on the 3DS, that's one less single-player mode for when the WiFi is too laggy.

Really hope online plays well.

I will probably spend around 60% of my time over there.

40% on offline.

Yeah, but it won't be the same when Sakurai shows off Wario or Falco and the general response in the character reveal thread being: "Yeah, we already knew this"

Maybe to everyone else. :p I'm going to be all happy to Actually see the models for the characters,along with whatever ends up getting shown. :3

Jawmuncher

Bringing up ROB

If you had to choose Ice Climbers or Rob who would you pick for the roster?
I gotta say i'd go with Ice Climbers. They both represent the same era and the ice climbers even without their veteran status were just so much more interesting a character in my book.

Obviously the best case is no cuts as always.

javadoze

What!?! That last thread barely lasted a week!

Anyways, even though I was a little hesitant to accept the leaked newcomers (mostly Dark Pit and Bowser Jr), I'm starting to come around to enjoying imagining what possible movesets they'll utilize (Bowser Jr in particular looking pretty nifty from the videos). I mean, sure enough, when people kept talking about Pac-Man before he was revealed, I kept thinking about the Pac-Man Adventures rendition and how lousy he would turn out. But I've been happily proven wrong then and I hope to be later when more gameplay surfaces of these newcomers.

Also, even if I don't care for Snake. It'd still be cool to have him in as an excuse for there to be Metal Gear Rising music in Smash Bros.

Now where's my boy, Roy?

He's not coming back, is he? ;_;

Cse

Banned
What is the proper chronology of the 4chan, Ninka, and Vaanrose leak?

The 4chan leak was apparently this:

h6wrl2i.jpg

Did this come AFTER the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks, or before? From the text below, it appears as if this leak came after the Ninka/Vaanrose leaks, but at the time, they were only known to the Smashboards mods.

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom