• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Probably fake, but can anyone make out all the characters on this "leak"...

OzOkw87.jpg

Berordn

The Miis are three separate characters. They each have their own character slot and have 3 moves per special. Just because there are three types of Miis does not mean they are one character.

Do we actually know that the three have a unique slot? Pretty sure that's still up in the air, though I agree with your other points.

The Miis are three separate characters. They each have their own character slot and have 3 moves per special. Just because there are three types of Miis does not mean they are one character.

Since clones are separate characters as are the separated transformation characters, then people should stop saying "if we're counting the Miis as 3" lol

Uh... we don't know that they have their own character slot, and I'm betting they won't. I doubt they'll even have a traditional character slot. They even have the same slot on the website, unlike Lucina, Sheik, and ZSS. So I'm gonna keep saying that.

OzOkw87.jpg
I can make out that Wario reuses old art lol. Also Ridley, Dixie, Ness, no Pacman, wrong Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Falco, Ganondorf (?), and no idea who's supposed to be next to Ness and Wario.

Hatchtag

Banned
Didn't seem like a lot, but we already have 36 characters confirmed (38 if you include the Mii's as separate characters). That's quite a bit. How many more are you guys expecting? I notice Ness isn't back yet.

WE WILL GET 60 AND WE WILL COMPLAIN IF WE GET ANY LESS.

I'm guessing an uneven 51 characters. Most the Brawl vets, some full-on newcomers, and maybe some clone newcomers (Dixie maybe?) or clone vets (Dr. Mario, Roy).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

http://i.imgur.com/OzOkw87.jpg
Well it's blurry as heck, but Link is under Mario so we can assume top line is meant to be Mario n co, but if Peach and Rosalina are next to Bowser then there isn't room for Wario and Yoshi on that top line. Basically they forgot core characters which makes this picture an easy dismissal.

EDIT: Oh Wario is near the bottom. Well that makes it even more fake because he'll still be with the Mario and DK characters as part of the extended family.

Hatchtag

Banned

OzOkw87.jpg

Unrevealed, starting from top right:
Row 1: Dixie
Row 2: Ganondorf, Ridley
Row 3: Meta Knight, Falco
Row 4: ???, Ness, Ice Climbers, Wario, ???

I don't think the 3DS is going to have any smaller character icons than in the demo. I think it'll just scroll up and down. Won't fuck up gameplay at all, since everyone has their own screen.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh yeah, I guess this must be way older than I thought...I don't think that's the Palutena model, no Pac-Man or Mii Fighters.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's Robin and Lucina so it must be newer.

AbsolPowers

Neo Member

OzOkw87.jpg

Proof of it's "fakeness" (despite it obviously being fake in the first place) is that Falco, Lucina, Captain Falcon, Ike, and Ridley aren't the same brightness nor match the slight glare as the other characters do.

Also, I believe that Meta Knight artwork is from Return to Dreamland

OzOkw87.jpg

Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach?, Rosalina?, dk, diddy, ????

Link, zelda, shiek, ???? (i would assume its ganondorf but it looks like shit), toon link, samus, zss, ridley

Pit, palutena, kirby, meta knight, dedede, fox, falco, captain falcon

Pikachu, charizard, lucario, greninja, marth, ike, robin, lucina

Lucas?, ness, ice climbers, wario, ????, villager, little mac

Wii fit trainer, sonic, megaman, random

If this is real he/she hasn't unlocked everyone yet

If someone ever does leak the roster through a screenshot I want it to be done in this deliberately obfuscating fashion as all these fakes are, I'd never believe it on principle making the resulting swerve of it being real that much more memorable.

Hatchtag

Banned
If someone ever does leak the roster through a screenshot I want it to be done in this deliberately obfuscating fashion as all these fakes are, I'd never believe it on principle making the resulting swerve of it being real that much more memorable.

I know what you mean. I'm still waiting for some leak to be shitty enough to top the Halo 4 barn leak.

Enforced

After Mario kart 8, I really hope smash bros wii u have a upload feature to youtube to capture some good moments. I really want that feature.

Is zss so high due to her speed? I haven't really played her much
Basically, she has some of the best mobility in the game and is a very diverse character with a great aerial game. Also down smash. Those varia suit projectiles at the beginning of a match are really good as well and can give her an easy lead.

A ZSS won Apex 2013, so yeah.

Do we actually know that the three have a unique slot? Pretty sure that's still up in the air, though I agree with your other points.
Uh... we don't know that they have their own character slot, and I'm betting they won't. I doubt they'll even have a traditional character slot. They even have the same slot on the website, unlike Lucina, Sheik, and ZSS. So I'm gonna keep saying that.
Ahh, yeah I'm mistaken about the character slots, but even so.. they each have 3 different Up B's, 3 different Side B's, 3 different Down B's and 3 different Neutral B's. Referring to them as anything other than 3 separate characters is silly IMO.

Transformations were one thing because there was a specific move dedicated to changing into that character, however that's no longer the case for any character. And if they don't have a traditional character slot, how do you think they'll be selectable? It may be cumbersome to place them anywhere outside the character select screen.

And if they don't have a traditional character slot, how do you think they'll be selectable? It may be cumbersome to place them anywhere outside the character select screen.

I imagine they'll be selectable like Pokemon Trainer: all three variants on the screen at once, and you click on whichever one you want. Either that or you'll switch through them the same way you switch through alt colors on other characters (since Mii Fighter uses your Miis, they likely won't have different costumes.)

SmithnCo

Why do all leakers live in 1994 w/ disposable cameras, huh?

Because they have to use their phone cameras to take a stealth shot while they are over at Sakurai's house testing the game!!!

It's tilted and blurry because they have to take it quick while Sakurai is distracted by his cat!

I imagine they'll be selectable like Pokemon Trainer: all three variants on the screen at once, and you click on whichever one you want.

This is exactly how I think they'll do it, and I'll be surprised if it isn't set up like that.

I mean, if they want to have three slots on the CSS, more power to them, but working like Pokemon Trainer would be fine.

georly

This is exactly how I think they'll do it, and I'll be surprised if it isn't set up like that.

I mean, if they want to have three slots on the CSS, more power to them, but working like Pokemon Trainer would be fine.

It really depends on which one 'looks' better w/ the overall layout, honestly. And it's hard to tell that until we know the whole roster. If it causes a weird number of rows/columns or something, it's smarter to make it one slot. If having 2 more slots would tie the CSS together, make them 3.

Basically, she has some of the best mobility in the game and is a very diverse character with a great aerial game. Also down smash. Those varia suit projectiles at the beginning of a match are really good as well and can give her an easy lead.

A ZSS won Apex 2013, so yeah.
Ah I see thanks!

As for that leak we should run it by a smashboards mod.

Transformations were one thing because there was a specific move dedicated to changing into that character, however that's no longer the case for any character. And if they don't have a traditional character slot, how do you think they'll be selectable? It may be cumbersome to place them anywhere outside the character select screen.

I agree that they should be counted as three separate characters, but due to their appearance on the website I think it's worth pointing out that you count them as different. And I'm betting that there's some sort of "Customize Mii" menu option where you give each Mii a certain type/moveset/equipment, which is then saved. A Mii slot, which is outside of the normal select screen (Which keeps the screen from looking bad online/when customization is off) would bring up a list of all your Miis over your character portrait, which you can select from. It might also be a side menu instead of a button, like Ryce has suggested.

It really depends on which one 'looks' better w/ the overall layout, honestly. And it's hard to tell that until we know the whole roster. If it causes a weird number of rows/columns or something, it's smarter to make it one slot. If having 2 more slots would tie the CSS together, make them 3.

One thing is, I certainly don't think it'll work like flipping colors. I think Miis will work much the same as any character to switch between costumes, except you set the "slots" on the customization menu and flip through them like normal colors on the select screen.

It would be the cleanest way to do it, rather than forcing you to go to a menu every time you wanted to switch your hat and would allow for pre-saved costumes for convenience.

georly

One thing is, I certainly don't think it'll work like flipping colors. I think Miis will work much the same as any character to switch between costumes, except you set the "slots" on the customization menu and flip through them like normal colors on the select screen.

It would be the cleanest way to do it, rather than forcing you to go to a menu every time you wanted to switch your hat and would allow for pre-saved costumes for convenience.

Yeah, slots, or the zelda/sheik style, or something new altogether.

Ahnez

I expect the costumes to be linked to your name, like custom controls

I agree that they should be counted as three separate characters, but due to their appearance on the website I think it's worth pointing out that you count them as different. And I'm betting that there's some sort of "Customize Mii" menu option where you give each Mii a certain type/moveset/equipment, which is then saved. A Mii slot, which is outside of the normal select screen (Which keeps the screen from looking bad online/when customization is off) would bring up a list of all your Miis over your character portrait, which you can select from. It might also be a side menu instead of a button, like Ryce has suggested.

My thought is the Miis are on the CSS and just greyed out online. Otherwise it looks weird and demeans them as unique characters to tuck them under some other menu. They're three unique fighters and characters no different than Mario and Kirby.

Their customization for moves is handled in the same menu as regular characters.

Selecting their face is probably as simple as clicking an icon next to them, like selecting your name. It would bring up an unintrusive popup with your Miis and you pick one. No need for a whole other menu or segregating Miis outside the CSS which would be lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom