• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Wish I got that guy's NNID. Also wish I recorded those wins. Dude was kicking my ass with whichever character he chose. I stopped playing like a dumbass, and started playing super-patient. I played the "wait-and-punish" game. Beat him twice in a row. I'm happy.

Err I meant normals. DK's ftilt and Luigi's NAir can stop it, afaik.

OIC

Doh...Didn't realize that the person listed as "Dab" in my Apex pool was Dabuz. At least he's on the opposite side of my bracket so if I do face him in winners bracket, it wouldn't be until winners finals of my pool.

http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/E45

I've played the #2 seed Sky in Brawl and have beaten him in tourney before when he still played Peach. We'll see if I can still take him now as well provided I get through my first two rounds and he wins his match. Then I must out Rosalina the top Rosalina!

Jeeze I'm stoked to hear the result! I hope you pull it off!

Still need my matches against Emb, Steve Y, Falawful and SalvaPot. Any of you on?

Gonna ask this here as well:

Howdy! So I recently got my first 2 amiibo: yoshi and Samus and I want to know how to properly train them. What's the best way to train them? They are already level 14 (Samus) and 13 (Yoshi). Should I have them face level 9's until they are about level 20-25? Also, when they level up do they get more moves and equipment to choose from? How does that work?

Gonna ask this here as well:

Howdy! So I recently got my first 2 amiibo: yoshi and Samus and I want to know how to properly train them. What's the best way to train them? They are already level 14 (Samus) and 13 (Yoshi). Should I have them face level 9's until they are about level 20-25? Also, when they level up do they get more moves and equipment to choose from? How does that work?

Equipment available to them and custom moves are acquired by you throughout the course of playing the various modes of the game. You can modify your amiibos using these things by going to the amiibo menu.

The best way to train them will depend on which characters you want them to do well against. If you train your Samus against a Toon Link, for example, she may not become very good at defending against a Little Mac. Amiibos adapt to the playstyle of those they fight against.

Equipment available to them and custom moves are acquired by you throughout the course of playing the various modes of the game. You can modify your amiibos using these things by going to the amiibo menu.

The best way to train them will depend on which characters you want them to do well against. If you train your Samus against a Toon Link, for example, she may not become very good at defending against a Little Mac. Amiibos adapt to the playstyle of those they fight against.

Ohhhhh that's actually very interesting.I am asking this question because my friends and I want to see who's will be the best against each other. Therefore should I train my amiibos to fight the characters that my friends are?

E: I'm seeing people say that you can just do Smash's with your amiibo and then after they will get moves from that. True?

Ohhhhh that's actually very interesting.I am asking this question because my friends and I want to see who's will be the best against each other. Therefore should I train my amiibos to fight the characters that my friends are?
Yes.

E: I'm seeing people say that you can just do Smash's with your amiibo and then after they will get moves from that. True?
Custom moves are unlocked through a variety of modes, which do not require amiibos.

Play modes like Target Blast and Crazy Orders with the respective character to gain more of that character's custom moves.

Yes.

Custom moves are unlocked through a variety of modes, which do not require amiibos.

Play modes like Target Blast and Crazy Orders with the respective character to gain more of that character's custom moves.

Awesome then that's what I will be doing! Can the Amiibo do the challenges?

Sorry for the horde of questions!

Awesome then that's what I will be doing! Can the Amiibo do the challenges?

Sorry for the horde of questions!

Challenges have to be completed by humans. There are some that are more general like "Collect x amount of trophies" and amiibos do pick up trophies. But they do not pick up CDs.

Oh, with Target Blast, you have to break the target with the wrench symbol on it to get the goodie, then complete the round (i.e. don't hit "retry" halfway through).

There is a way for amiibos to get custom moves and equipment by fighting each other, although it's very slow. If you set them to play with only the Master Ball on high, Mew will drop those things (Along with trophies and CDs). You can leave them on a stock match on a tall cup-shaped custom stage (Large template) in a "Heavy" "Metal" special smash. I like to include a human Bowser custom-made with high defense and just leave the controller there for picking up the CDs that the amiibos ignore.

Doh...Didn't realize that the person listed as "Dab" in my Apex pool was Dabuz. At least he's on the opposite side of my bracket so if I do face him in winners bracket, it wouldn't be until winners finals of my pool.

http://apex2015smashwiiu.challonge.com/E45

I've played the #2 seed Sky in Brawl and have beaten him in tourney before when he still played Peach. We'll see if I can still take him now as well provided I get through my first two rounds and he wins his match. Then I must out Rosalina the top Rosalina!
Try to put your Luma next to his to confuse him :p

edit: wait are there videos of your Brawl matches?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I have to make lunch and get ready for work.

I just dunno what to do about Sonic.

But I got a ballsy Dair spike kill on you one match so that was satisfying.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
GGs, the spike was cool, and Sonic is hilarious. Dunno why Diddy is top and not him

Generates his own items, has a projectile, command grab with followups, can turn command grab into an attack, regular grab has easy set up combos, can combo good in general, has less hitstun then the rest of the roster.

That's a lot of good stuff with one negative being lackluster recovery.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What are you losing to?

I lost to FluxWave, but all of our matches were reasonably close.

Most of my kills resulted from trades. I just fall for the spin dash and how wonky it is and then I get bodied. I feel like I have to rely on jab pretty much and bait a mistake.

Puruzi

Banned
Yeah gonna have to Wario. Man I miss wectoring.

51W5woY.gif

It was pretty hilarious.

He can also eat Pikmin

Found out the best way

Really now? Didn't know Pikmin count as projectiles. Olimars are so rare that I never got to test that. Something about Wario eating living things like it's nothing is kind of disturbing though. Not that all the other shit he eats is normal but still...

Really now? Didn't know Pikmin count as projectiles. Olimars are so rare that I never got to test that. Something about Wario eating living things like it's nothing is kind of disturbing though. Not that all the other shit he eats is normal but still...
Yeah. They're actually reflectable, too. But eating them is better. :D

Azure J

I remember playing Beats/Rhapsody a while back and my day 1 Palutena took a close round off his Olimar with a psychic reflect as he did a forward smash (the forward Pikmin throw). I actually didn't expect it to work even though it made total sense. :lol

Still wish vectoring was a thing. Bowser could live much longer that way.

I only played really sporadically the first month of the Wii U release, and I somehow missed the news entirely that vectoring was shitcanned and replaced with the old DI mechanic. Boy was my face red when I saw that. "No wonder I'm not living as long as I was in the 3DS version! Why did you jerks keep it a secret!" When apparently this was ridiculously common knowledge I inexplicably manage to avoid.

Suddenly, the fact that commentators kept saying "nice DI there" instead of "nice vectoring" made sense. I thought they were just stubbornly sticking with the old vernacular.

emb

Suddenly, the fact that commentators kept saying "nice DI there" instead of "nice vectoring" made sense. I thought they were just stubbornly sticking with the old vernacular.
That's probably my favorite thing about the change. I don't know how fully DI was reverted to the old style, but I feel like calling it by a new name was unnecessary even at the beginning.

Though I'm also glad that stocks aren't as long as they were in the 3DS version, even if just by a bit. And I'm glad that I (have convinced myself that I have an excuse so that I) don't really have to worry about changing DI habits when I play this game. Now I can just kinda autopilot whenever I go back to Smash 4 and get hit.

Tripon

Smash 4 DI is still different. The Dev team changed it back to previous Smash games for vertical DI, but kept the new system for horizontal.

Top Bottom