• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Jobbs

Banned
I set custom controls where I removed "up for jump" so it's easier to perform ground based up + A attacks (that's an "up tilt", right?)

why do I have to manually change the control preset from character select every time I play?

Why does Nintendo derp on really really basic common sense stuff? Reminds me of "view replay" being the default option at the end of a race in MK8 instead of next race. It's as if Nintendo has no play testers.

I set custom controls where I removed "up for jump" so it's easier to perform ground based up + A attacks (that's an "up tilt", right?)

why do I have to manually change the control preset from character select every time I play?

Why does Nintendo derp on really really basic common sense stuff? Reminds me of "view replay" being the default option at the end of a race in MK8 instead of next race. It's as if Nintendo has no play testers.

?

Dont you just select your profile? You mean have it autoselect?

Jobbs

Banned
?

Dont you just select your profile? You mean have it autoselect?

I shouldn't have to manually switch my profile every time I play. The fact that I so often accidently launch with the default controls should be proof that this is an oversight.

I shouldn't have to manually switch my profile every time I play. The fact that I so often accidently launch with the default controls should be proof that this is an oversight.

Yeah but the same would be true for everytime multiplayer is loaded unless you use the same controller everytime

I mean they could specifically give that option sure...

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah but the same would be true for everytime multiplayer is loaded unless you use the same controller everytime

I mean they could specifically give that option sure...

I want to change controls once and never worry about changing it again. Most games allow that. Instead, we have a situation where I have to actively do something each and every time I play or else I get undesired controls. That's bad design.

I want to change controls once and never worry about changing it again. Most games allow that. Instead, we have a situation where I have to actively do something each and every time I play or else I get undesired controls. That's bad design.

Could be easily solved if WiiU have profile logins for each player

He's confounding

Good matches, congrats! I started well but just got outmatched in the last few matches. I have to run now though so I won't be able to do any more games, thanks again though! I updated the bracket spreadsheet, hopefully I did it right... (Monster Zero beat me 5-1)

Monster Zero

Good matches, congrats! I started well but just got outmatched in the last few matches. I have to run now though so I won't be able to do any more games, thanks again though! I updated the bracket spreadsheet, hopefully I did it right... (Monster Zero beat me 5-1)

Very good games, Ive been working for the past few days so my smash legs were woobly, your cfalc got me straight lol. Speedy dude

GtwoK

How many Wiimotes can you pair up to the Wii U for this? Can we get 8 play smash going with 1 Gamepad, 1 3DS, and 6 Wiimotes (with varying nunchucks / classic controllers)? Or are we limited to 1 Gamepad, 1 3DS and 4 Wiimotes? And can we tie a second gamepad to it?

How many Wiimotes can you pair up to the Wii U for this? Can we get 8 play smash going with 1 Gamepad, 1 3DS, and 6 Wiimotes (with varying nunchucks / classic controllers)? Or are we limited to 1 Gamepad, 1 3DS and 4 Wiimotes? And can we tie a second gamepad to it?

You can use up to 7 Wiimotes. You can't add a second gamepad, however. At least not yet.

Son Of D

B5pSepYCEAEVhSb.png

What did you think of my play though? I'm starting to feel a lot more confident in my Marth and Pit (primarily my Marth), but there were a lot of moments where I wondered if any of it shone through for you to see.
I thought your spacing and footsies were spot on. Getting in on you was pretty hard and annoying lol. Your Marth was harder to deal with definitely, and there were moments were I felt like I was trapped right into your fsmash.

I wish I could perfect pivot like you could btw. :lol

Azure J

I thought your spacing and footsies were spot on. Getting in on you was pretty hard and annoying lol. Your Marth was harder to deal with definitely, and there were moments were I felt like I was trapped right into your fsmash.

I wish I could perfect pivot like you could btw. :lol

So you could perfect pivot into Bite?

BTW, B reversed Bite is like the single greatest mixup in all of video games, lmao

Falawful

I should be available for some Bracket 2 ranbats on Friday afternoon/evening PST -- in case any of my opponents will also be around and want to plan our matches for that time.

Karsticles I saw you asking earlier on but I'll be busy snowboarding until then lol.

So nice to play the game with a GC controller. I feel like my Yoshi has improved considerably.

Think I'm settling on ganon, yoshi and ludwig as my mains. They should handle most matchups between them.

Durden77

DOC COMBOS ARE SO FUN!!

Edit : Dude...those were amazing Doc matches. He's so fuckin fun. I learned a lot of new stuff from yours.

Top Bottom