• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Tis' the season guys!

d6f.jpg

If any of the following 3 are on, we still need to do our Ranbats!

SolarKnight(SolarKnightR)

SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)

SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

-------------------

Anyone up for a few 1v1s?

Durden77

Yeah it ain't great, the fact that numerous modes feel like they're out to kill you with fate screwing you over in ways that Frantic mode Mario Kart can't even match is certainly something.
The deluge of potent items, whacked out launch ratios, chaotic clusterfucks and so on are often more annoying than they are fun.
And stadium is old hat, it's hard to muster up any interest in doing those outside the specific challenges which do at least get the single player modes toured in a variety of ways.

Yup, it's so inconsistent. For instance, I love that All-star takes out items, yet puts you on stages like Kalos League that will completely fuck everything up.

It really is a pain to play. I feel like I'm always losing to bullshit. Where as I used to love running through Classic with every character in all the other Smashes, I've only done about 12 here. I don't even want to think about All-Star. Pretty sure I've did 3. Ugh. And yeah, you're right about stadium. It's still the most well balanced out of the modes in this version, but it's old as sin. But it's still the most fun because it has less horseshit.

Any of the below available?

emb(EMB1234)
euphemism(Triforceofwisdom)
Falawful(Falawful)
FluxWaveZ(FluxWaveZ)
Fury Sense(raymondgh)
Hyperhip(iNFAMESS)
Jagsrock(TheBlueBlurrr)
jnWake(jnfaunde)
jorgejjvr(jorgejjvr)

beta_fuse

Great games ammo!! I really dont understand how DDD is able to move so fast after landing and attack lol but you really use him well. Sorry I had to cut it short, it is Xmas eve after all lol. Well play again soon.

Anyone from bracket 2 around?
Check your inbox, I sent you PM about the ranbats that I need help with.

If any of the following 3 are on, we still need to do our Ranbats!

SolarKnight(SolarKnightR)

SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)

SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

-------------------

Anyone up for a few 1v1s?

I'm here. We have each other added, make the room, I'll join. (after you're done with cyberman of course)

Great games ammo!! I really dont understand how DDD is able to move so fast after landing and attack lol but you really use him well. Sorry I had to cut it short, it is Xmas eve after all lol. Well play again soon.
Yup, GGs! I love DDD but it's a real pain to battle fast characters and zoners. That won't stop me from using him though. Great Sheik and Yoshi btw. Those eggs are so annoying :p

Jobbs

Banned
Is KDDD considered to be too strong at low/mid level play or otherwise "cheap"? I'd never heard that in my life, but after winning a bunch last night as KDDD, my friends told me the character was too good because of his range and is "newbie friendly".

Have you guys found this to be true? Should I stop playing KDDD because he's unfair?

Is KDDD considered to be too strong at low/mid level play or otherwise "cheap"? I'd never heard that in my life, but after winning a bunch last night as KDDD, my friends told me the character was too good because of his range and is "newbie friendly".

Have you guys found this to be true? Should I stop playing KDDD because he's unfair?

I don't think he's "newbie friendly", just sounds like you know how to play as him. Your friends sound a bit salty lol

there's lots of characters with "cheap" strategies if you don't have experience vs them. i don't think DDD is an issue.

if people are new, DDD is oppressive until you realise how to space against him and that you can hit his gordos back at him with almost any attack.

Son Of D

Personally, I think you should never change your character because of people complaining about them being powerful or anything. The amount of people who don't seem to like the fact that I use Shulk and ZSS haven't stopped me from using them.

Same hasn't happened with Luigi yet but I won't be surprised that I get called a bandwagon player or tier whore or anything like that eventually.

Lol no. If your friends are getting hit by DDD's hard hitting attacks it's their fault. Almost all his moves have terrible lag and he can get combod into oblivion by fast rushdown characters. Even his only projectile can be returned to his face by almost any attack.

Personally, I think you should never change your character because of people complaining about them being powerful or anything. The amount of people who don't seem to like the fact that I use Shulk and ZSS haven't stopped me from using them.

Same hasn't happened with Luigi yet but I won't be surprised that I get called a bandwagon player or tier whore or anything like that eventually.
Wait, is Shulk also supposed to be OP now? It seems everyone is OP in this game.

FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA

Damn you Gaf

I'm gonna have lunch right now, so I'll play you after I'm done.

no problem just post on here when you get done I will prob be ready

Son Of D

Wait, is Shulk also supposed to be OP now? It seems everyone is OP in this game.

I pissed a couple of people off once by surviving to high % by using his arts to survive and also kill at quite low % with Smash.

Also his counter has made him unpopular amongst friends.

FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA FD OMEGA

Damn you Gaf
I mostly play on battlefield, the animal crossing stages and Wuhu though :p

Jobbs

Banned
I don't think he's "newbie friendly", just sounds like you know how to play as him. Your friends sound a bit salty lol

it's known to happen. we're all grownups, but "salt", as you say, does happen sometimes. kind of silly, honestly.

this game needs a mode where you can play on the same team against randoms. in other words, I should be able to arrange team with my friend and then play against 2 other people. so annoying how underbaked online is.

it's known to happen. we're all grownups, but "salt", as you say, does happen sometimes. kind of silly, honestly.

this game needs a mode where you can play on the same team against randoms. in other words, I should be able to arrange team with my friend and then play against 2 other people. so annoying how underbaked online is.

You can do that though what are you talking about

Or is it Local co-op team only?

no problem just post on here when you get done I will prob be ready
I'm ready, I'll join your room

YES. Me and my friend I've been wanting this!

Ok, hosting now.

GGs Cyber. You have a beast Sonic and Falco. I have no idea currently how to deal with the Pac vs Sonic matchup. Definitely one of the top players on here.
GGs! And, thanks, great Ness. Now I know why Japan has Mii Brawler high on their tier list, that character has some derpy moves. :p Never faced one until now. I may want to try him out now since Apex made the Miis legal.

Jobbs

Banned
You can do that though what are you talking about

Or is it Local co-op team only?

I'm talking about online and matchmaking. so if we're friends online, I should be able to arrange teams with you (not local), and then get matchmade against another team for some nice competitive 2v2.

The fact that this doesn't exist is just anothing example of Nintendo not being at all "with it". They get so many things right and have so much polish in so many ways but so often just completely don't seem to be on the same planet as the rest of us.

JulianImp

Once again, I'm available for some bracket 5 matches. It's a bit of a pain that I haven't been able to play any of them yet, but I didn't want to send PMs to every single user in my bracket whenever I'm able to play.

Top Bottom