• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
21st is what the leak at the top of the page pegged as the release date too. Is that a common date?

It's based on two assumptions. One, that Nintendo is planning to have it out by Black Friday, which is what they said at E3. Two, that Nintendo will release it on a Friday, which makes sense considering that's when they have usually released their games in the past year or so (including Smash 3DS).

November 21 is the last Friday before Black Friday.

Vuapol

CYrmqi0.png

My boy Lucas taking it like a man.

The original support for Impa came about as a solution for separating Zelda and Sheik and replacing Sheik with someone more general to Zelda than a one game character. Zelda and Sheik did separate but they obviously decided to just stick with Sheik. No idea what people are looking for with Impa suggestions now.

Honestly, Impa from the Oracle games would be the best one simply because she'd like add something completely new to the roster rather than being a Sheik clone.

Old lady Impa.
Impa1%28AoL%29.png

She and Cranky make up the "Old Folks" DLC pack.

What other Nintendo villain fucks with your ending credits to sneak in a surprise attack? That's what I thought.

oh wait Hades

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was starting to wonder if I'd be able to snatch the complete copy. Thanks a bunch! :D :D
That's some amazing art.

three more alts to go! :D

Yeah, but I heard only like...500 I think can be transferred.

Just saw this Wii U Rumor. Damn, I'd love that if true.

that rumor is very interesting but Impa and Ridley's infos really ruin the leak.

"Ridley grows wings in the air" made me laugh. Randomly including Impa also ruins it.

I don't really believe that Ridley would magically grow wings out of blue only if he's in the air.

That one is amazing! :)

I simply can't imagine characters being exclusive only if you link the games. That would be so bullshit.

If there are more characters, then I think we'll only get them after the Wii U version's release with a patch on both versions.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I simply can't imagine characters being exclusive only if you link the games. That would be so bullshit.

If there are more characters, then I think we'll only get them after the Wii U version's release with a patch on both versions.

I wonder though if there's a limit on links.

Or, say, can you use one 3DS version and link up with your friends Wii U versions to unlock the characters for them.

Son Of D

I doubt that they'll be exclusive to linking the games. But I could see it as a bonus for buying both games. If you only have one game just buy the DLC pack.

I don't see that happening at all. Even if there are more characters for the Wii U version at the start, it'll simply be a reward/incentive to those who purchased both games.

Azure J

Old lady Impa.
Impa1%28AoL%29.png

She and Cranky make up the "Old Folks" DLC pack.

The coolest thing they could do with Impa would be some mechanic that involves the young SS Impa and the Old Impa from the same game, but Smash 4 did away with transformation mechanics so... :(

Jawmuncher

I doubt that they'll be exclusive to linking the games. But I could see it as a bonus for buying both games. If you only have one game just buy the DLC pack.

This is the what I have been thinking as well.
I figured they're going to offer something to fans who buy both copies.

Vidiot

I'm a pessimist, I don't think we'll get a single character extra via linking or DLC. What we have is what we get. Maybe just maybe Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, whoever were planned at one time but met the cutting room floor. That's how it's been with every other smash and that's how I think it will be here.

I'd LOVE to be wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Ridley growing wings and unique Targets for each character which would bring it up to 56 is a stretch...

Also, calling them the Chorus Men again.

RomanceDawn

I'd be happy for any Ridley at this point. Though if it has to be Other M Roidley then I hope he looks more like his intended concept art. That Ridley is awesome!

Mine01

Please dont kill me, but I think people "crying" (couldnt think about any other word, hope it doesnt sounds too harsh) about K. Rool are just looking for something to complain.

I mean, that crocodile is ugly.....

I understand wanting ridley in, but K. Rool?

Please dont kill me, but I think people "crying" (couldnt think about any other word, hope it doesnt sounds too harsh) about K. Rool are just looking for something to complain.

So you think ugly characters shouldn't get in? Or that Ridley isn't ugly?

Platy

Playing the demo and I saw both smash ball and the Kirby air ride 3 piece thing at the same time.

Game of the forever, since being one or another on Brawl was probably my most hated feature.

Only if you go out of your way to use the worst render of him as your example.

ayLMU0W.jpg

cAROBKr.png

Mine01

So you think ugly characters shouldn't get in? Or that Ridley isn't ugly?

I really think ridley is ugly, but it's a best character than k. rool.

After i posted that i tought that just saying "its ugly so he doesnt deserve to be in" was just hyperbole.

What I really meant is that K. Rool isn't a character big (lol) enough to be in smash.

I played the dk games when i was a child and he really scared me, so im pretty biased, so dont mind me, just thinking outloud here.

Only if you go out of your way to use the worst render of him as your example.

[IMG/]http://i.imgur.com/ayLMU0W.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://i.imgur.com/cAROBKr.png[/IMG]

You are right, as I said im pretty biased againts that alligator.

I wouldnt have a problem with him being in, the more characters the better.

I really think ridley is ugly, but it's a best character than k. rool.

After i posted that i tought that just saying "its ugly so he doesnt deserve to be in" was just hyperbole.

What I really meant is that K. Rool isn't a character big (lol) enough to be in smash.

I played the dk games when i was a child and he really scared me, so im pretty biased, so dont mind me, just thinking outloud here.

I figured. The problem is that being a 'big' character doesn't mean much for Smash, since it's included the likes of Ice Climbers, Roy, Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Dark Pit.

Mine01

I figured. The problem is that being a 'big' character doesn't mean much for Smash, since it's included the likes of Ice Climbers, Roy, Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Dark Pit.

Game & Watch and R.O.B are there "representing" (I hate that word) the hardware side of nintendo.

Roy was used just as publicity for that Fire Emblem.(as i have heard)

Dark Pit is just a pit clone, it took them maybe 2 or 3 hours (just hyperbole, i dont know how long it would take to recolor/tweak a character) so I dont see a problem with him.

About Ice Climbers, when my friend told me they were from that weird old nes game I just couldnt believe him, I really liked that game as a child!, still yea they are not that big, but they are cute :)
just joking :p

Why do some people like characters I don't?

Sorry, didnt meant to sound like that, but I really think people on the internet are overblown it when they say sakurai fucked up smash 4 because k. rool isnt there.

jnWake

Yeah, but I heard only like...500 I think can be transferred.

Just saw this Wii U Rumor. Damn, I'd love that if true.

This sounds just too good. Characters would make this roster almost perfect (bar the cuts) and the modes sound really fun:
- Tower of Smash sounds cool even if 100 floors is a tad overkill.
- Boss Battles with Mega Man type selection would be so cool.
- Magicant on Wii U!
- Unique Break the Targets.
- Multi-man Melee and Home-run Contest aren't mentioned but it'd be weird if they aren't on the Wii U version...

We really need info on this version!

Sorry, didnt meant to sound like that, but I really think people on the internet are overblown it when they say sakurai fucked up smash 4 because k. rool isnt there.
Absolutely agree with you there; people calling for Sakurai's head because their favorite cartoon character didn't get into a video game are pathetic. Ridley was my most wanted after Mega Man and while I'd personally have prioritized him over some weirder additions (not that there's anybody I'd take out of SSB4's newcomer list, Dark Pit honestly isn't nearly as bad as marketting tie-ins or Ganondorf/Falco getting suck as clones in Melee), it's not something worth getting emotional over like other areas of the internet and miiverse are.

I just think there's a fine line between really not liking the idea of a certain character getting into Smash (for me that was Waluigi/Bowser Jr./Adam) but still getting that other people like them, and just acting confused as to how anybody could *possibly* like a character they don't, and on the internet it's hard to read people's tone with certain posts. Sorry!

Wait a minute...

Even if we did get 5 extra characters, there wouldn't be any space on the 3DS.
With the Mii Fighters that would leave only 4 spaces to be filled? Maybe I'm miscounting something?

Also, by growing wings, I think he means folding them up, and unfolding them.

EDIT: Wow, Top Page twice in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom