• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wait a minute...

Even if we did get 5 extra characters, there wouldn't be any space on the 3DS.
With the Mii Fighters that would leave only 4 spaces to be filled? Maybe I'm miscounting something?

Also, by growing wings, I think he means folding them up, and unfolding them.

EDIT: Wow, Top Page twice in a row?

Right. Having 5 characters really ruin the leak because there are 4 available slots. I wish that we are getting 3 3DS/Wii U connectivity characters then a DLC button for upcoming dlc characters, I doubt that we would get either.

-Horizon-

I still believe in DLC. And this is from someone who has all of their wanted characters in the game already.
Miku is going to happen :3

Niosai

Has anyone posted any footage of the game playing without the character outlines? I'm curious to see how it looks in motion.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm getting both.

Who knows, maybe Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers are waiting for me over there!

Ice Climbers will be unlocked by linking the two versions. It'll just be an excuse to give them some extra dev time because they had trouble with getting them working for launch without lagging the 3DS version.

BELIEVE.

tl;dr Internet runs with shit that matches their hopes without actually going back to check things in detail
I'm admittedly guilty of doing this with a few details (I was under the impression the DHD/Bowser Jr. leak on SB also mentioned Chorus Kids and Mewtwo), but in my (slight) defense the thread was blocked to guests and for the past year I haven't been able to make an account on Smashboards with my emails for some reason.

So, will Smash 4 be the one top topple Melee in the competitive scene?
Probably not, though it'll definitely fare better than Brawl did. As long as Nintendo doesn't force Melee out of the EVO limelight (and why would they? They seemed more than fine with it being there this year) and SSB4 has nothing gamebreaking that can't be patched out, I don't see why they can't peacefully co-exist. Customs and equipment systems if a consensus can be reached how to implement them might make things even more interesting competitively.

-Horizon-

Ice Climbers will be unlocked by linking the two versions. It'll just be an excuse to give them some extra dev time because they had trouble with getting them working for launch without lagging the 3DS version.

BELIEVE.

One your tv, is Popo, on your 3DS screen is Nana and when you connect the games, they run towards each other and unite in both game screens.

Gartooth

How would they handle DLC and updates for Local multiplayer matches on 3DS?

Say I download a balance patch and expansion pack, but I play a match with a friend who never connected their 3DS online. It seems like an issue to me unless there is a forced compatibility check before any matches.

Makai

Say I download a balance patch and expansion pack, but I play a match with a friend who never connected their 3DS online. It seems like an issue to me unless there is a forced compatibility check before any matches.
Force update for both online and local play.

jnWake

Wait a minute...

With the Mii Fighters that would leave only 4 spaces to be filled? Maybe I'm miscounting something?

Maybe the 5 extra characters unlock the CSS that doesn't look like crap.

Pyrokai

CYrmqi0.png

This picture doesn't contain Dixie Kong.

Therefore, it's only almost funny.

Edit: Actually....who the hell is that between Wolf and Snake?

...The idea of the Conductor controlling the Chorus Men sounds so Sakurai that this just might be true.
Seriously, that makes me believe it.

40 new stages doesn't tho after 3DS stages. Don't get me wrong, its certainly possible, but I think the amount will be about the same.

However the most damning thing is Break The Targets for each character and the Tower also make me not believe. Especially BTT. I mean, didn't Sakurai say that the 3DS version would be more focused on sp? Would love to be proven wrong since sp stuff feels very lacking in 3DS but as always we shall see.

I love that speculation isn't over lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The stats came from our Prediction thread. Since we got a final roster on 3DS version (I'm not going to declare any winner until Wii U has came out in worldwide. Who know if rumor is right or not.)

Confirmed Characters
Mario - 100%
Luigi - 100%
Princess Peach - 100%
Bowser - 99.16%
Dr. Mario - 0%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%

Yoshi - 100%

Donkey Kong - 98.32%
Diddy Kong - 93.28%

Wario - 96.64%

Link - 100%
Zelda - 99.16%
Sheik - 79.83%
Ganondorf - 91.60%
Toon Link - 71.43%

Samus - 99.16%
Zero Suit Samus - 84.04%

Pit - 97.48%
Palutena - 66.39%
Dark Pit - 9.25%

Marth - 95.80%
Ike - 47.90%
Lucina - 13.45%
Robin - 5.89%

Kirby - 99.16%
Metaknight - 95.80%
King Dedede - 92.44%

Fox - 99.16%
Falco - 89.92%

Pikachu - 100%
Jigglypuff - 90.76%
Pokemon Trainer's Charizard - 46.22% & Pokemon Trainer - 89.08%
Lucario - 36.14%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%

Captain Falcon - 100%
Ness - 99.16%
Captain Olimar - 92.44%

Villager - 0.84%
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Little Mac - 60.51%
Mii - 20.17%
Shulk - 64.71%

Mr. Game and Watch - 94.12%
R.O.B. - 82.36%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%

Sonic - 89.08%
Mega Man - 58.83%
Pac-Man - 57.15%

Cut Characters (So Far)
Mewtwo - 70.59%
Roy - 15.97%

Ice Climbers - 94.12%
Pokemon Trainer - 89.08%
Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur - 46.22%
Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle - 46.22%
Lucas - 79%
Wolf - 74.79%
Snake - 60.51%

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Top 10 for Least Predicted Characters.
Wii Fit Trainer - 0%
Dr. Mario - 0%
Villager - 0.84%
Duck Hunt Dog - 3.36%
Rosalina - 4.21%
Robin - 5.89%
Lucina - 13.45%
Mii - 20.17%
Bowser Jr. - 22.69%
Pokemon X/Y - 29.42%

Top 2 for Least Predicted Veterans
Lucario - 36.14%
Ike - 47.90%

People actually predicted the duck hunt dog?

Yep.

Update or you can't play together, I guess. It sucks, but connection rates are apparently high in the US and Japan (83%, 87% respectively). Europe might be a problem, since the connection rate is only 57%.

Source

*Note, those figures are from early last year so they may have changed since then, but I couldn't find anything newer.

I wonder how long it will take to put the secret characters to the official website. Will all of them be on there before the Wii U version comes out? This next week should be interesting. The secret characters will almost certainly be uploaded in the order you unlock them via VS matches like they did for Brawl (and Melee I think?), so Ness first I think (just like Brawl). Does anyone remember how long it took for Ness to be added to the Dojo after Brawl came out in Japan?

I'm also curious to see how long it will take for them to switch over to promoting the Wii U version full time. I imagine we still have at the very least a week or two of 3DS centered updates.

I'm also curious to see how long it will take for them to switch over to promoting the Wii U version full time. I imagine we still have at the very least a week or two of 3DS centered updates.

My guess is till the 3DS version launched world wide. After that they will concentrate to promote the Wii U version.
I'm so curious what the single player will look like in that version of the game. I hope there will be something like Adventure Mode at least.

My guess is till the 3DS version launched world wide. After that they will concentrate to promote the Wii U version.
I'm so curious what the single player will look like in that version of the game. I hope there will be something like Adventure Mode at least.
I'm going to be really weirded out if they don't port over all the work put into making enemies for Smash Run to the Wii U version in some sort of single player mode.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ness' profile went up on the Brawl site a day after the Japanese launch. I suspect he'll be revealed on Monday.

I hope we might see perhaps Magicant if it's also in the Wii U version like speculated in one of his pics.

Kangi

I wonder how long it will take to put the secret characters to the official website. Will all of them be on there before the Wii U version comes out? This next week should be interesting. The secret characters will almost certainly be uploaded in the order you unlock them via VS matches like they did for Brawl (and Melee I think?), so Ness first I think (just like Brawl). Does anyone remember how long it took for Ness to be added to the Dojo after Brawl came out in Japan?

I just want them to go up for the renders so that I can hassle Mysterious for more wallpapers.

I wonder what the potd would be this week
I think at some point we'll get an official announcement of the 3DS as a controller for Wii U. Perhaps Sakurai won't detail all of the connectivity, but that's an easy post to knock out. Plus it leads into the close of promotion for the 3DS version and the beginning of promotion for the Wii U version.

Wait a minute...

Also, by growing wings, I think he means folding them up, and unfolding them.

EDIT: Wow, Top Page twice in a row?

Right. Having 5 characters really ruin the leak because there are 4 available slots. I wish that we are getting 3 3DS/Wii U connectivity characters then a DLC button for upcoming dlc characters, I doubt that we would get either.

Impa is most likely a Sheik alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom