• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No Chrom at all? Seriously? Even Lucina was predicted, it's kinda weird! I know she's better than her father by far but he's supposed to be the MC of the last entry :eek:

#teamlucina

I think 65% of people in the prediction thread predicted that Chrom is going to be playable character. I think Chrom is in top 10 most predicted newcomers.

if your trying to say those 3 are not in high demand then your nuts

I don't know about that since there are many people that don't really use internet so we don't know their opinions. Ridley, Kool and Mewtwo are high demands by Smashboard and GameFAQS for sure. Ridley (and Mewtwo) were uncommonly requested by some people here.

I think Little Mac and Duck Hunt getting in shows that Sakurai is listening to Western demands too, not just Japanese.

Well, I don't think Sakurai would put Duck Hunt in the game for Western Audiences. He just want to add retro character (and surprise character) to the game, along with Mr. Game and Watch and ROB.

Well, I don't think Sakurai would put Duck Hunt in the game for Western Audiences. He just want to add retro character (and surprise character) to the game, along with Mr. Game and Watch and ROB.
Except Duck Hunt is an odd retro choice in that case because Duck Hunt is really obscure everywhere but America.

Does anyone still want a 3DS Demo code? I can't find anyone I know who wants one (shocking), so I thought I'll give it away here. First to quote this post gets it I guess.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think even if Sakurai didn't choose to make playable Black Pit as a Pit clone, he'd rather make Medusa as a Palutena clone, or Hades as a Ganondorf clone. lol

I would like to see Medusa. I'm fine with Pit, Palutena, Medusa and Dark Pit. World would burn pretty fast. :p

What are dark pit's alts? Can he be regular pit? As stupid as that may sound..

Yes, he can.

Well here's Lucas

He look good.

Except Duck Hunt is an odd retro choice in that case because Duck Hunt is really obscure everywhere but America.

It's not really odd choice since you can see that Sakurai chose R.O.B and Mr. Game and Watch which are obscure characters as well. Again, it's only obscure to many people that are not using forums (or social media) for Smash.

Axass

I don't know about that since there are many people that don't really use internet so we don't know their opinions. Ridley, Kool and Mewtwo are high demands by Smashboard and GameFAQS for sure. Ridley (and Mewtwo) were uncommonly requested by some people here.

Dunno about being demanded, but Mewtwo has more than 70% in the prediction thread you made. At the very least people were positive he was in, whether they wanted him or not, same with Ridley (60%), which is hilarious if you see all the people now drinking fans' tears and saying he was never getting in in first place.

RiggyRob

There isn't a way to customise your controls on the demo version of Smash 3DS, is there?

Ignoring the atrocity that is tap up to jump, I think I'd feel more comfortable putting specials on Y, grab on B and shield on L.

Once again, Brawl in the Family proves to be oddly prophetic.
2013-06-21-497-Pockets.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Can anyone comment on this?

sku_170558_1.jpg

Might order it if I hear some good feedback on here, because at it stands... I cannot play Smash 3DS for more than 10 mins without my fingers getting uncomfy and cramping.

This looks like it would help it fit in my hand better, but I do not want to end up with a cheap piece of shit. It's for the XL. Cannot wait for the new models, I wanna C-stick so bad.

I got this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ZXBYJU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have big hands and my hands/fingers started hurting even after a short time playing without the grip. With the grip, I played for hours on end with little if any discomfort. It feels pretty sturdy. If you take the stylus out first, you can basically leave the 3DS in the grip forever, since you can charge it while it's in the grip.

J@hranimo

Banned
So is anyone expecting another website update tomorrow in regards to the PotDs?

We're kinda in a "phase 2" with news since the 3DS game is out in Japan.

So is anyone expecting another website update tomorrow in regards to the PotDs?

We're kinda in a "phase 2" with news since the 3DS game is out in Japan.

There will be a spoiler warning for updates going forward, like they did with Brawl. And then one of the unlockable veterans or stages, maybe Master/Crazy Hand. Something "spoilery".

I figure we'll see website updates for returning vets and unlockable newcomers like once a week going forward, since they're all known in-game anyway.

Anilusion

Can anyone comment on this?

sku_170558_1.jpg

Might order it if I hear some good feedback on here, because at it stands... I cannot play Smash 3DS for more than 10 mins without my fingers getting uncomfy and cramping.

This looks like it would help it fit in my hand better, but I do not want to end up with a cheap piece of shit. It's for the XL. Cannot wait for the new models, I wanna C-stick so bad.

I just ordered that from ebay for 2.50 GBP with free shipping. I'll post back when I get it, but it's really cheap, so you might just want to order it anyway.

Why in the actual fuck does Pittoo have Guardian Orbitars

Like, you could've given him the Gemeni Orbitars or something with little effort

Uuuuugh

I just ordered that from ebay for 2.50 GBP with free shipping. I'll post back when I get it, but it's really cheap, so you might just want to order it anyway.
Pretty sure I paid more for mine, but 2.50 isn't bad.

Two things though; There's no way to slot your stylus in/out, and also, removing the grip from the 3DS is also very difficult. So unless you're not planning on using the touch screen elements of a game for a while, be wary.

Spinluck

EDIT: How do you get coins in the demo? I'm playing it a lot but, I could have sworn it has gone down. Lol.

I use this Hori Racing Wheel to make my 3DS practical for long play sessions in my large hands. It gives so much grip space and makes the shoulder buttons larger. Feels so good. Highly recommended if you have a non-XL 3DS.

The R button has started to stick after two years of use, but for less than $10 I will just order another.

http://amzn.com/B0061YFZDQ

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Lol, kind of funny you are using this as a grip.

Yeah, I've already ordered it so I'm hoping I like it!

#nohypeforwiiu :(

I hope the Wii U POTDs start streaming in soon, it's past time we learned what sorts of modes will be available in that version

Seeing as how Sakurai hyped up Smash Run so much, I'm guessing we'll learn about the returning modes left out of the Wii U version in PotDs and the Wii U's version of Smash Run in a Direct or something similar.

Wow, this thread sure slowed down. I can actually keep up with it now!

Beat me too it XD Also did any else find it wierd that the default controls for 3ds smash are wierd? I always thought position wise, B should be basic attack, Y should be special, X should be jump & A should be jump as well..

Akai

Beat me too it XD Also did any else find it wierd that the default controls for 3ds smash are wierd? I always thought position wise, B should be basic attack, Y should be special, X should be jump & A should be jump as well..

A for smash attacks and B for specials is just how it's always been, no secret behind it... =)

Seems harder to do short hops aerials with that set up to me.

I've been playing Brawl for a while on classic controller and the 3DS game has the same button layout, so I had no problem going into it.

Neoxon

C-Stick is a crutch :p
No idea if that's what your sentence is supposed to tell me lol. Or do you just think it's too hard to hit with F-Smash in the first place lol
Your avatar makes me realize how great Palutena would look with short hair.

Platy

Hmm, I wonder what our first post release pic will be. I'm guessing Ness on Magicant.

"Now that the 3ds game is out ....here is the first exclusive wiiu feature of many :

Non Mii character creation !

Select your figher, change it's texture, maybe even add an AI companion and select for lots of custom moves based on each character to create your favorite character like a kid or some brothers or some dog"

EulaCapra

Why in the actual fuck does Pittoo have Guardian Orbitars

Like, you could've given him the Gemeni Orbitars or something with little effort

Uuuuugh
Dark Pit solely exists because Sakurai and Co. knew they were never going to please everyone, so they made a visually redundant clone punching bag to let fans vent out their frustrations.

Kensho

"Now that the 3ds game is out ....here is the first exclusive wiiu feature of many :

Non Mii character creation !

Select your figher, change it's texture, maybe even add an AI companion and select for lots of custom moves based on each character to create your favorite character like a kid or some brothers or some dog"

HA.

I want it tho

Son Of D

Forgot to mention this earlier. I was in HMV today and saw that they had Smash for Wii U listed as 28/11/2014. Bear in mind that I'm in the UK so we might have a European release date.

I was expecting EU to get it on Wii U after NA. Happened with Mario 3D World as well.

Tripon

Wow, this thread sure slowed down. I can actually keep up with it now!

I'm glad with that, there was one point where people spammed the old thread for 20+ pages with inane stuff like what's their birthdays or something, and the POTD was just another image of Smash Run or something.

There's OT for Smash 3DS, let's actually try to discuss the POTD now for the Wii U version.

Kjellson

Playing the demo has actually made me more hyped for the Wii U version. I'm loving it, but it makes me want to play it in HD even more.

Playing the demo has actually made me more hyped for the Wii U version. I'm loving it, but it makes me want to play it in HD even more.

I share the same feeling. When the 3DS version ended up releasing early and people started showing images and eventually streaming, I immediately got super hyped and just wanted to play Smash as soon as possible no matter what the platform, but then I was randomly given a code for the demo, tried it out, and re-cemented my initial thoughts that the 3DS just isn't a good console for a game like Smash, controls-wise. It just doesn't feel as good as it could and doesn't LOOK as good as it could.

Don't get me wrong, it looks freaking stunning for a 3DS title, but to see it in not only 60fps, but in HD with an actual controller with TRIGGERS and a directional STICK instead of a pad, is what I really want from the next Smash. The 3DS version honestly just feels like a damn good appetizer for the real deal. In my opinion, of course.

clav

Played a few sessions of the Smash 3DS demo.

Smooth 60 fps definitely is nice. However, the control scheme + controller are turrible. I cannot pull off any moves that I can normally do easily with a console controller. My eyes hurt from squinting at the tiny screens.

Definitely will get the Wii U version.

I hope the Wii U's equivalent of Smash Run isn't just an Adventure mode like Melee/Brawl without the cutscenes. It'll probably be the best way to get custom moves as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom