• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omzz

checking into the losers thread who still salivate at these potds. while people who have a copy of the game laugh at us

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Japanese post is up. Lots of Japanese and no pic.

Kangi

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

Tripon

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlnS65rkQ

Kangi

g3bid.jpg

Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.

No new info from now on.....better be some funny pics Sakurai.

in before he makes his own Ridley joke

EDIT: read wrong, bleh. Near future.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
g3bid.jpg

Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.

Oh there was a pic. We get 2 posts today.

Edit: This is actually helpful. Didn't know how to properly fight those guys before.

Kangi

I expect the site will be updated with the hidden characters on October 6th or so (Monday after US Smash 3DS release).

So basically filler until the 3DS version gets released in the West and then we'll see some Wii U screenshots.

Well I'll see you then as the Wii U stuff was what I was looking forward to.

Edit:

Neat to see the ghost from Find Mii as an assist trophy.

The main games I play on my 3DS are the streetpass-based Mii Plaza ones.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wow, an end to an era.

Unfortunately we now know the Wii U version comes out in Japan first again, but we probably all knew that.

"Hidden features" does he mean something to do with the 3DS -> Wii U version connectivity that we don't know about?

Interesting that this was only going to be with funny pics and what not. Sakurai really is nice enough to give us these PotDs when he really doesn't have to.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, so is he NOT going to show off any new modes/stages from the Wii U version?

Or does he just meant the next few weeks will be funny 3DS pics?

Kangi

What? Where'd ya hear that, man?

I missed something didn't I

"In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer."

Sounds like it's the case.

Speedwagon

Well then, looks like I'm importing a Wii U.

/s

Wait, so is he NOT going to show off any new modes/stages from the Wii U version?

Or does he just meant the next few weeks will be funny 3DS pics?
I think he means both. No new info about both games until the 3DS version is out everywhere, and nothing spoilerish about SSB3DS either like stages or the roster as well.

Kinda makes me wonder if there's going to be another big Smash direct in mid-October which focuses solely on the Wii U version, much like how despite not being marketted as such a lot of what was said in the April direct was 3DS-centric. We know the Wii U version has multiplayer and that's about it. Stuff like how single player works in that version isn't even a given anymore after how much the 3DS version remixed
or removed
things, so they'd have quite a lot of content to cover.

J@hranimo

Banned
I have a feeling Japan and US/EU releases won't be too far from each other. Like, 2-3 weeks.

I'm predicting:

Wii U JP - Early Nov.

Wii U US/EU - Late Nov/Early Dec.

Richie

"In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer."

Sounds like it's the case.

I just saw the announcement; at least I appreciate he comes clean with fans, so those who are expecting any megatons can give the nightly waits for the POTDs a rest.

However I don't think his comment confirms Japan will get the Wii U version first; just that he hasn't decided which territory to go with.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If the NA is November 21st...

Guess the end of October for Japan, or the first week in November?

Can't believe only about a month left then before we get tons of new info again with all the Wii U Stages, Modes, and...Ridley.

Hope we get a Direct soon with a big trailer for the Wii U Version.

"In the near future" Lol man Wii U owners have to deal with it for like 2 months or so. Let alone the game is coming out in japan before overseas we are fucked :D

*I hope not a months difference of release date*

I have a feeling Japan and US/EU releases won't be too far from each other. Like, 2-3.

I'm predicting:

Wii U JP - Early Nov.

Wii U US/EU - Late Nov/Early Dec.

I could live with that, I will start my vacation on 11th december up until 2nd january...Sakurai please give me Smash for Wii U by then in Germany :D

Oh c'mon, im sure there will be interesting PotD to come! D:<

We are sooo gonna get another smash run/non wii u pic tomorrow arent we?

It's only a couple more weeks until we could potentially be getting new Wii U screenshots.

Even now he could post funny Wii U screenshots. Not sure why everyone is so down.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
g3bid.jpg

Hey, that looks like a Digimon

Richie

A Link Between Worlds was released earlier in America than Japan, for more than a month at that. Maybe this time it'll be like that, to make up for Japan getting the 3DS version first?

I mean, it's entirely viable that you guys are right and once again we have to wait for the game while Japan enjoys it earlier, but until it's confirmed, his comment can be constructed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom