• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

So...it really is over, huh? Man, I hope this means there's a lot of hidden content for the Wii U version.

Either way, it's been a blast guys. Though, I expect to see all of you guys hanging in the OT so I can Smash with you online!

JoeM86

He said the near future. Come October, we'll have more new information ahead of the Wii U version.

Patience, younglings. It's just starting out again like it did last year. Cosmetic images at first, then dropping the bo-bombs.

Richie

He said the near future. Come October, we'll have more new information ahead of the Wii U version.

Patience, younglings. It's just starting out again like it did last year. Cosmetic images at first, then dropping the bo-bombs.

Agreed. Come on, compadres, you're all acting like we're at a funeral. It's only a break from new information until the 3DS version is released abroad, and then we're back into the POTD game, with the Wii U version receiving more attention then. You're also discounting the very real possibility of a Smash Wii U Direct down the line.

J@hranimo

Banned
A Link Between Worlds was released earlier in America than Japan, for more than a month at that. Maybe this time it'll be like that, to make up for Japan getting the 3DS version first?

I mean, it's entirely viable that you guys are right and once again we have to wait for the game while Japan enjoys it earlier, but until it's confirmed, his comment can be constructed either way.

Well Japan does like handhelds more than anything else so it is possible.

If that's the case....

Wii U US/EU - Nov. 21st/28th (Double Team release date! ;D)

Wii U JPN - Early/Mid Dec.

You're probably right. I was just going off what everyone else was saying, but reading the whole quote, I can see some Wii U reveals coming.

Agreed. Come on, compadres, you're all acting like we're at a funeral. It's only a break from new information until the 3DS version is released abroad, and then we're back into the POTD game, with the Wii U version receiving more attention then. You're also discounting the very real possibility of a Smash Wii U Direct down the line.

I'm sad because it doesn't satiate my Smash craving. I'm like a junkie. Just give it to me!

Anustart

Figured I'd ask here since it's a question about the Wii U version. Is it known if it has Break the Targets? Or is it target smash over there as well?

I hope youre right
I think he needs a little break guys.

Let him do so.
I dont think hes taking a break from potd

Richie

Well Japan does like handhelds more than anything else so it is possible.

If that's the case....

Wii U US/EU - Nov. 21st/28th (Double Team release date! ;D)

Wii U JPN - Early/Mid Dec.

I'm thinking so as well! Mostly because, with the whole Amiibo line debuting here, NoA would be even more out of their minds than usual if they let Black Friday pass them by. I just can't see them missing on it.

But please, for the love of Sakurai, no more drunk PotD's like below.

Beats menus! I actually think it's pretty cool of Sakurai not to unleash new info for the 3DS until players all over the world have had the chance to play the game. Of course, anyone who uses Miiverse is bound to know how to use the Internet, in which case every single secret is readily available within a few clicks...But noble nonetheless!

Now instead of staying up late to see the pics, I'm gonna see them in the morning with a cup of coffee. Sakurai's funnies!

I don't think what Sakurai said leads to Japan getting WiiU ver early. It only confirms the game wont launch everywhere at the same day.

If this is a soft confirmation of a staggered release, I'll be quite concerned if we don't hear a firm release date in at least one region soon. Turning the POTD away from features also means it won't be our conduit for hearing about some necessary information that's still not on the table, namely 3DS/Wii U connectivity, Amiibo support, and Wii U-exclusive modes. We're in for a Direct soon, I bet, probably around the week of the 3DS version's overseas release to keep the momentum going.

So not only are we getting 3 weeks of filler, he also basically confirmed that the Japanese version of Smash Wii-U will be released earlier than the other versions. By the way he made it sound, it seems like weeks. Fuuuccckkk. I was really hoping for a worldwide console release.

All I can think of right now is the scene from Titanic when the dudes were playing strings as the boat was going down. This has been a fun ride, even if most of my time spent here was lurking and not posting much.

Glad to see that he'll still be posting things, even if they are just little goofs and tips here and there. It's cool to see his insight on the weird ticks to the game from time to time and if the next few weeks is that, I'm happy.

I find it really baffling, it's 2014 and this is one of nintendos biggest franchises and still no worldwide release.
Even pokemon did it ffs.
How do these people responsible manage to keep their jobs?

A Link Between Worlds was released earlier in America than Japan, for more than a month at that. Maybe this time it'll be like that, to make up for Japan getting the 3DS version first?

I mean, it's entirely viable that you guys are right and once again we have to wait for the game while Japan enjoys it earlier, but until it's confirmed, his comment can be constructed either way.

That's because Zelda is more of an American franchise than Japanese in terms of popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom