• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

jph139

A world without SS Zelda in Smash is a world without joy. :(

screen-2.jpg

WHOA HOLY SHIT IT'S THE ARMOR FROM SPIRIT TRACKS

GamerSoul

Lol it was on miiverse. I'm glad he commented on the amount of female characters. You're doing bettr this time Sakurai!

Edit: wtf that move loooks awseome!!

jph139

Weird, did they replace Din's Fire?

Or is this some controllable Assist Trophy?

My immediate thought is "Sheik is out, this is her new Down B" but if it's the TP design I don't see why they'd drop Sheik... so another moveset retooling?

Definitely part of her moveset, though. Wonder what this means for Toon Zelda, though?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My immediate thought is "Sheik is out, this is her new Down B" but if it's the TP design I don't see why they'd drop Sheik... so another moveset retooling?

Definitely part of her moveset, though. Wonder what this means for Toon Zelda, though?

It'd be pretty interesting if Down-B now allows her to call forth and control the armor, even though that's sort of weird for her, and would be a bit redundant since that's Rosalina's whole thing.

qq more

after seeing Link, I knew there was no way they were going to go with SS Zelda. I like her TP design much more anyways (always thought SS Zelda was kind of weird looking)

GamerSoul

after seeing Link, I knew there was no way they were going to go with SS Zelda. I like her TP design much more anyways (always thought SS Zelda was kind of weird looking)

I'm find with this design. Imo she looks more vibrant and even more lively. compared to her Brawl counterpart.

BEST ZELDA IS BACK OMFG! My sub character is back! <3

She looks so amazing!!! Out of nowhere ! THANK YOU SAKU-GOD!!!!

Also Sakurai having fun with those pics, kept loling at the Peach and Link one.

Weird, did they replace Din's Fire?

Or is this some controllable Assist Trophy?

Yeah I'm a little worried about what that's gonna be replacing in her moveset.

She's probably the favourite character to just screw around and have fun with in multiplayer. Din's Fire is especially fun.

Hopefully it replaces Sheik because I stay as Zelda 100%

qq more

I'm find with this design. Imo she looks more vibrant and even more lively. compared to her Brawl counterpart.

SS Zelda looks like a hobgoblin in-game. TP Zelda for life.

yeah I always thought her TP design was pretty cool. didnt care for her uguuu kawaii SS design, it doesnt fit for her character in Smash anyways.

I sure hope so. She is my main since Melee and it would bum me the fuck out if she wasn't back!

chances of Shiek getting cut is slim to none. Zelda was announced pretty early in the Dojo I think? Shiek was announced very late in 2007, I think before or after Olimar

Yay!! I'm glad they didn't go with a SS Zelda, this one fits so much better =) but wow I feel a disturbance in the waifu force gushing over how good she looks

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I really hope Phantom is the pic tomorrow and Sakurai explains what it is...but he probably won't.

Sooo.....who lost bets?

Seriously though seeing her in this beauty makes me so damn happy. Looks like she is getting some moves replaced. I loved her move set how it was....but I get the feeling Sakurai is gonna make Shiek and Zelda their own separate character..

Richie

I've never been the biggest fan of Zelda the character, but damn, she looks fricking excellent this time around. Major props, Smash staff. Really hoping for clarification on Spirit Tracks' armor! That Sakurai specifically pointed out female characters makes Palutena's chances high if not a lock-in, and also very safe are girl versions of Villager and Pokémon Trainer (but I'm getting ahead with that last one).

Also, yes, a Christmas miracle that, for once, we were right about an upcoming update. I'm pretty happy about that ...

... JANUARY 11TH, PEOPLE! Kirby is Sakurai's other baby, Metaknight or Dedede are coming!

Top Bottom