• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Omzz

...I find rosalina's glare so hilarious.
KuGsj.gif

SBvF9nk.png

ya dun fucked up

I'm not so sure the armor is a part of her moveset. Her pose in that image is the same as the one in the image with Link and Peach. I'm thinking that's one of her taunts or din's fire animation? Not too sure, to be quite honest.

Anyway, cool reveal. Well done Mr. Sakurai.

Clov

Zelda's looking great! Love the design. Personally I wouldn't mind having SS Zelda as an alternate costume.

It would be neat if Shiek was now her own character, but I doubt it'll happen. Not much of a reason to do it, and it would take away from Zelda a bit, I think.

no! not like that D:

It'll happen qq, mark my words =< But still, yay! It would be wrong to not have some Zelda in the game, plus SmashGAF being right about some big reveal feels pretty damn good ^^

As for Sheik, doubt not her inclusion in the game everyone!!
BELIEVE!!

qq more

It'll happen qq, mark my words =< But still, yay! It would be wrong to not have some Zelda in the game, plus SmashGAF being right about some big reveal feels pretty damn good ^^

As for Sheik, doubt not her inclusion in the game everyone!!
BELIEVE!!

i just looked at the zelda announcement thread

people are already being weird there D:

Yo QQ moe....the heck happened to you? (dat avatar )

NOTHING!

SmithnCo

I'm not so sure the armor is a part of her moveset. Her pose in that image is the same as the one in the image with Link and Peach. I'm thinking that's one of her taunts or din's fire animation? Not too sure, to be quite honest.

Could be an AT but it would be kinda weird to reveal it in the middle of her reveal pics. Hopefully he expands on it tomorrow.

Clov

Really hope that there's alt costumes. Not that the new Zelda doesn't look fantastic, but can't ignore SS Zelda. :(

Well, with male Wii Fit Trainer, plus the inclusion of classic Wario in Brawl, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with more alternate costumes this time around.

Codeblue

In that screen shot with the Dark Nut, it almost looks like she's going for a grab. Wonder if it's just tricky AT placement or something.

The armor could appear and disappear, leaving her with a few seconds of animation. Maybe it's a counter.

Nia

bEldu5F.jpg

I was certain Rosalina would be the last character we get for a while! Color me surprised. Thanks for the extra Christmas present Sakurai. The fact Zelda is using the Phantom armor from Spirit Tracks makes me quite happy.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Zelda's design has sent my happiness skyward.

GREAT character model. SS Zelda is an interesting take on the character but I think it would be a bit too similar to Rosalina and Peach. I'm glad they stuck with a more realistic render. I also love how all the characters seem to have really expressive faces. These models will look even better in motion. I can't believe that we're at least 6 months away from this game's release and the roster is sitting at 20 slots already.

YEEEEEEE!

YEAH ZELDA! Whoo, my second-best Brawl main is back!

I love Skyward Sword's Zelda, but admittedly her Twilight Princess incarnation is best suited to Smash, so I'm not surprised to see it return. Her updated character model looks FANTASTIC, much like Marth.

So for the next returning veteran reveals, what are we predicting? Meta Knight or Dedede for Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Yoshi for Yoshi's New Island?

EDIT: Holy shit, loving the Spirit Tracks/Phantom special she has now. Or is that an Assist Trophy? Either way, it's awesome.

So for the next returning veteran reveals, what are we predicting? Meta Knight or Dedede for Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Yoshi for Yoshi's New Island?

Yeah sounds about right.

Characters like Falco, Captain Falcon and Ness/Lucas that aren't really getting new games could pop up anytime though really.

Top Bottom