• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Kurtofan

but we have to defend nintendo guys

guys nintendo can't defend themselves from all this bad pr

pls help nintendo

pls

Oh come on, I'm not defending anything (because there is nothing to defend and no bad PR, we're talking about daily screenshots here for fuck's sake).

I think the complaints are pretty dumb considering:

-That the game isn't coming any time soon and there will be a lot of new daily screenshots, and that Pikmin 3 came out recently/is coming out soon.

-We never even saw that part of the stage before, so it's a new thing (would you rather they show Megaman's arm again or Villager shooting back some projectile? I don't complain when they show these but they sure are more boring). Besides we got a new stage this week so it's hard to complain about something so trivial.

-How many games even show daily pictures that early? I can't think of any besides Brawl obviously.

-And finally what's wrong with saying it's a good thing for Nintendo to do some cross promotion? It's better than no marketing.

I'm just giving my opinion, not defending Nintendo or whatever you think I'm doing.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
"Because there are only three Pikmin games I decided that it be more fun if Olimar only utilized three Pikmin in Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS." - Sakurai

qq more

Oh come on, I'm not defending anything (because there is nothing to defend and no bad PR, we're talking about daily screenshots here for fuck's sake).

I think the complaints are pretty dumb considering:

-That the game isn't coming any time soon and there will be a lot of new daily screenshots, and that Pikmin 3 came out recently/is coming out soon.

-We never even saw that part of the stage before, so it's a new thing (would you rather they show Megaman's arm again or Villager shooting back some projectile? I don't complain when they show these but they sure are more boring). Besides we got a new stage this week so it's hard to complain about something so trivial.

-How many games even show daily pictures that early? I can't think of any besides Brawl obviously.

-And finally what's wrong with saying it's a good thing for Nintendo to do some cross promotion? It's better than no marketing.

I'm just giving my opinion, not defending Nintendo or whatever you think I'm doing.
Eh I just really wish they show more of the level... like most of its layout at least. I think we've already seen that platform before if I'm not mistaken.

EGy9wzq.jpg

I'm not asking for a lot. We already got our new reveal (KI:U stage) for the week so I'm cool w/ no more reveals for the rest of the week. Just underwhelmed seeing bits of the same level over and over.

I don't think the screenshots are supposed to be big hype builders so much as they're just "here's a little look at the game each day while you wait."

I also think people are maybe rose tinting the Dojo a little. I remember people waiting for JAPAN TIME then losing their shit every time because it was an item or an assist trophy or some other inconsequential thing instead of the particular megaton they wanted every day.

Mark1

Just thinking about possible characters who could appear in this, who were the most requested characters for Brawl (except Sonic, Mega Man and Ridley)?

I don't think the screenshots are supposed to be big hype builders so much as they're just "here's a little look at the game each day while you wait."

I also think people are maybe rose tinting the Dojo a little. I remember people waiting for JAPAN TIME then losing their shit every time because it was an item or an assist trophy or some other inconsequential thing instead of the particular megaton they wanted every day.
I'm not. Even when it wasn't something huge I liked having a daily wiki entry from Nintendo. Plus the less exciting things made it even better when we got a character or a stage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People seem to forget that at this point in time, relevant to Brawl's unveiling, there was no Dojo. We had a static site for months.

Then the Dojo popped along and repeated content (Mario and Link are in Brawl!)

People seem to forget that at this point in time, relevant to Brawl's unveiling, there was no Dojo. We had a static site for months.

Then the Dojo popped along and repeated content (Mario and Link are in Brawl!)
I'm just saying I liked the format more. I don't even bother checking the site for daily screen shots. I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not seeing these daily updates.

Id much rather not have any info for a few months and get detailed Dojo updates again. Plus when we did get an update there were like 4 screen shots every day.They were clever and fun to read even if it was something simple like the Superspicy Curry or the Banana Peel.

I get why they're not doing it this time around though, it was probably time consuming.

Village

This whole no story mode in new smash bros thing makes me kind of sad and has totally tempered my excitement. :(

Could be worse.

Could be like marvel vs capcom 3, where a story mode would have helped that game tremendously due to the nature of half its roster. Yet due to rush got canned for the most part.

I am with ya doe.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
People will forget about subspace being nixed if the online mode doesn't have a two day lag.

Cody_D165

Banned
I almost think that the reason there won't be a story mode is just because of time. Nintendo's probably really pushing the dev team along on SSB4 to get it out ASAP.

ffdgh

This whole no story mode in new smash bros thing makes me kind of sad and has totally tempered my excitement. :(

Truthfully this makes me more excited. Gives them time to fine tune things this time instead of the game being delayed and adventure mode being horribly boring...of course that's not to say I'm against a story mode.

Village

Meh.. SSE was only good for one playthrough. The 2nd time I tried was a snoozefest.

I played through it a bunch, I liked it. To each their own though.

People will forget about subspace being nixed if the online mode doesn't have a two day lag.

Eh, that is determinant on a lot of things.

Espically the nature of this type of game, hopefully the matching making is thought out well. Because if its just some weird tekken 6 esque skill wall then no one is going to want to play online

then there are those who like characters interacting , one of the primary functions of a crossover

I played through it a bunch, I liked it. To each their own though.

Espically the nature of this type of game, hopefully the matching making is thought out well. Because if its just some weird tekken 6 esque skill wall then no one is going to want to play online

then there are those who like characters interacting , one of the primary functions of a crossover
Well you are that kind of person you like all that stuff. I liked the cutscenes but the actual gameplay was pretty boring. Especially a 2nd time through. Dont know why they made so many generic enemies I think that hurt it alot.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I know, and agree. And it's way better than what they are (not) doing for other games.

I agree. I liked the old Dojo way more. It was like a Nintendo encyclopedia. I hardly ever bother looking at screen shots of games before they release.

Me too, but it's a 2014 title, so...I honestly like to see the pic once back at home throuhg Miiverse, in any case.

Probably the problem is that it's a far away game, while others that will hit the market earlier are receiving less coverage...

afoni

Banned
After playing Brawl with a classic controller on Wii U, I'm really desperately hoping for a fake Gamecube style pro controller in a special edition or something.

Village

Well you are that kind of person you like all that stuff. I liked the cutscenes but the actual gameplay was pretty boring. Especially a 2nd time through. Dont know why they made so many generic enemies I think that hurt it alot.

Its understandable I think the real issue is that they made it one planet.

That is pants on head dumb-assery. Why the hell wouldn't you do it KH style, different planets different worlds and for some horrible cosmic level evil thing causes these places to come together and fight. You could have had a bunch of cameos from characters in each series that couldn't make their way the game . And that way you could have world universal threat enemies and game specific enemies into the mix. That way you don't even have to explain Star fox, Metriod, Kirby, Cap, and olimar they could be the brides between those worlds. A long with always plot convenient magical portal.

But oh well.

Its understandable I think the real issue is that they made it one planet.

That is pants on head dumb-assery. Why the hell wouldn't you do it KH style, different planets different worlds and for some horrible cosmic level evil thing causes these places to come together and fight. You could have had a bunch of cameos from different series that way in a story mode. And that way you could have world universal threat enemies and game specific enemies into the mix. That way you don't even have to explain Star fox, Metriod, Kirby, Cap, and olimar they could be the brides between those worlds. A long with always plot convenient magical portal.

But oh well.
Well they should save all that for a 3D action game not a fighter. Like demonstrated through MK9 and injustice a fighters best story mode is just simply engaging cutscenes.

Village

Well they should save all that for a 3D action game not a fighter. Like demonstrated through MK9 and injustice a fighters best story mode is just simply engaging cutscenes.

What are you talking about? It would still be cutcenes? You would just be able to choose where you go like on a map, and then you would start the level.

I'M FINISHED!

Brawl's online was presented by America Online circa 1995. So as long as the new Smash has online that isn't reduced to a slideshow I will be happy. My standards have been lowered. The basics need to function properly before I will worry about features, because it can be fully decked out all shiny and sparkly, but it won't matter if it enters the lag zone at flop speed.

Village

Brawl's online was presented by America Online circa 1995. So as long as the new Smash has online that isn't reduced to a slideshow I will be happy. My standards have been lowered. The basics need to function properly before I will worry about features, because it can be fully decked out all shiny and sparkly, but it won't matter if it enters the lag zone at flop speed.

And even if it lags if the online is structured where the skill wall gets steep for some reason, it still wont matter. I hope not ,the bloody thing sells more than 10 million. I hope they account for a lot of those people sucking ass so they create a system that pits you against people dependent on how much ass you suck.

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the Internet." Sakurai said. "You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

So your solution is to take out that enjoyment for people who buy the game and would like to go through a story mode.

This is the dumbest.fucking.logic. I've ever read. What the flying fuck....

nilbog21

Banned
Huge fan of Melee, but I was so fucking disappointed with the quality of Brawl that I will not be purchasing a Wii U (Bought a Wii for this shitty game. Remember the online in this game? LOL confirmed to me that Nintendo has no idea what they are doing.) that I will not be making this mistake again. It hurts me deep inside.

LiK

So your solution is to take out that enjoyment for people who buy the game and would like to go through a story mode.

This is the dumbest.fucking.logic. I've ever read. What the flying fuck....

I played mainly for SP and cutscenes. I don't really enjoy the MP so looks like I'll wait for some deal even if it takes years.

Kurtofan

Huge fan of Melee, but I was so fucking disappointed with the quality of Brawl that I will not be purchasing a Wii U (Bought a Wii for this shitty game. Remember the online in this game? LOL confirmed to me that Nintendo has no idea what they are doing.) that I will not be making this mistake again. It hurts me deep inside.

The online for this game will be good Namco is working on it, and Brawl couldn't be patched too (the Wii U can accept patches). Wii U and Wii are totally different on that front.

I played mainly for SP and cutscenes. I don't really enjoy the MP so looks like I'll wait for some deal even if it takes years.

I think he said there would still be cutscenes in the game but they would be available from start, can someone post the full interview?

Top Bottom