• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft

hmmm

narutozcj5c.jpg

New news = new thread :O !

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Naruto appears to have an abnormal growth coming out the side of his head, to the right.

Other than that,.......OMG NARUDO CONFIRMED!!!!111

CorvoSol

Me. I'm the source.

Marth is returning, Mewtwo is back, and Solid snake returns with a Snake eater stage on the 3DS.

STIIIIIIIIIIIIIL IN A DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM SNAKE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETER!

Fuck marth. Sucks that we got roy/marth/ike before either lyn or hector who both would have been far more awesome. Snake being out wouldn't bother me either, don't like the character or his design in smash brothers.

Anura

Fuck marth. Sucks that we got roy/marth/ike before either lyn or hector who both would have been far more awesome. Snake being out wouldn't bother me either, don't like the character or his design in smash brothers.

Marth was the first while Roy/Ike helped promote the most recent FE game

Mariolee

Posted this in the Smash Brothers Documentary thread, figured it was worth posting here as well. Maybe I missed that this was brought up, but after watching this documentary and comparing it with the Smash 4 battle footage we have, do you guys think it'll be as fast as Melee, or at least fast enough for big things like EVO?

I know Sakurai said he wanted something in the middle, but what do you guys think?

Marth was the first while Roy/Ike helped promote the most recent FE game

I know why they were included, doesn't make me any less disappointed. Hector at least would have meant that they weren't ALL using swords, he would have been the only character in the game using an axe. That plus he's awesome.

Posted this in the Smash Brothers Documentary thread, figured it was worth posting here as well. Maybe I missed that this was brought up, but after watching this documentary and comparing it with the Smash 4 battle footage we have, do you guys think it'll be as fast as Melee, or at least fast enough for big things like EVO?

I know Sakurai said he wanted something in the middle, but what do you guys think?

I don't think the game needs to be as fast as melee to work at evo (no idea how fast it will actually be). What the game needs is nintendo to actually support instead of actively hindering the competitive scene.

Personally i would like to see more 2v2, i really like the dynamic it adds to the game.

Sponge

Banned

I went back and compared Smash 4's gameplay after watching that documentary too. It looks slightly faster than Brawl but it still looks nowhere near as fast as Melee.

I'm just hoping it's at least somewhat competitive. It's so sad that Brawl single-handedly killed the competitive scene for a while.

Anura

I know why they were included, doesn't make me any less disappointed. Hector at least would have meant that they weren't ALL using swords, he would have been the only character in the game using an axe. That plus he's awesome.

Don't get me wrong I love Hector. It's pretty disappointing that his ship seemed to have sailed.

It looks pretty much what he said it would: somewhere in the middle. Honestly, Melee is too fast for my tastes, so it sounds perfect for me.

Edit: Y'know, I like how the new damage counter looks. Hope they stick with it!

Anth0ny

the footage is from such an early build of the game that it's basically worthless

apparently the build of brawl that was playable at e for all in 2007 was much closer to melee than the final game. so who knows.

Gardex

I'm just hoping it's at least somewhat competitive. It's so sad that Brawl single-handedly killed the competitive scene for a while.
Where did you get this from?

While it's true that Melee's activity took a hit for a short while, Brawl kept the torch lit, and still is alongside Melee, to this very day.

Brawl is "somewhat" competitive, otherwise it wouldn't have had a healthy tournament scene for over five years straight.

qq more

the footage is from such an early build of the game that it's basically worthless

apparently the build of brawl that was playable at e for all in 2007 was much closer to melee than the final game. so who knows.

Is there any footage of that build?! I want to see.

Sponge

Banned
Where did you get this from?

While it's true that Melee's activity took a hit for a short while, Brawl kept the torch lit, and still is alongside Melee, to this very day.

Brawl is "somewhat" competitive, otherwise it wouldn't have had a healthy tournament scene for over five years straight.

It was still there I suppose. Nowhere near as huge as Melee was considering it's still played competitively today.

Any hopes for what kind of pic we're getting tonight guys?

Anth0ny

Is there any footage of that build?! I want to see.

search e for all brawl on youtube. gimpyfish (melee bowser player) has some footage uploaded. It's nothing special, wavedashing was gone already but I remember Gimpy saying l cancelling was still in and hitstun was closer to Melee. I used to watch that footage religiously before Brawl launched, lol.

It looked so much better than it was ; _ ;

search e for all brawl on youtube. gimpyfish (melee bowser player) has some footage uploaded. It's nothing special, wavedashing was gone already but I remember Gimpy saying l cancelling was still in and hitstun was closer to Melee. I used to watch that footage religiously before Brawl launched, lol.

It looked so much better than it was ; _ ;

Fuck me, I'd trade wavedashing being out for better hitstun and L-Cancelling in Brawl in an instant. Why, Sakurai? WHY!?

Blizzard

Banned
The problem is, the Naruto and Ridley fakes aren't as high quality as the Ness model fake!

If I'm gonna believe a fake I shall only accept the bestest of fakes.

All these supposed leaks, and rumors makes me think think were getting something this week, Wario today will probably be a good bet. Or a pokemon rep follow up post to Xerneas.

Ridley will never become a playable character. Nintendo has something against Metroid nowadays.

Westernized Metroid was a critical success and had good sales, but nowhere near what Nintendo's used to getting from their core franchises.

Taking Metroid back to its creator was a disaster.

Retro makes way more money for Nintendo making Donkey Kong games.

But they play Street Fighter 4.

I'd love a speed around SSB64; I'm surprised how amazingly and terribly SSB64 has aged! Just so fun~

Top Bottom