• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft

qq more

Are alternate colors/custumes confirmed? Would love Tanooki Suit Mario in the 3DS version (I know it won't happen :(

Would be kind of cool if there was a Tanooki power up item. Dunno how exactly it'll work into Smash Bros but it'd be kind of neat if done right I think!

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
To make myself comfortable for the new thread I am "pimping out" my cardboard box. Bedazzles, racing stripes, shattered lawn gnome pieces, bubble wrap(with some bubbles left), a cup holder for my jug of wine, and a melted happy meal toy from the nineties. I like it here.

Smash ahoy!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Almost all the stages shown so far are very basic floating platform based. Hoping to see a bit more in vein of Melee, where hard geometry of the environment forms part of the stage.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Stood up on a Smash update? Sakurai, you dog!

The daily picture is late because Sakurai has succumbed to his poor health and died. The Smash Brothers series is permanently cancelled. Please understand.

JoeInky

Well that was disappointing

why.PNG

I'M FINISHED!

Someone accidentally deleted Smash 4. They have to start all over now. The Smashing starts in 2018.

I'M FINISHED!

He is mad with power! Sakurai's next update will be an announcement that he is invading Poland.

ash_ag

The only thing is, I'd expect Mii to be associated with Wuhu Island, rather than a reference to SNES Pilotwings.

I'm trying to think what characters from SNES pilotwings really had a half-decent character design (nothing really has an identity). All I can think of is Rocket Belt Guy and the two characters from bonus rounds, Birdman and Diving Penguin. Birdman is perhaps the more interesting prospect.
Indeed, Wuhu Island seemed like a safer bet, but who knows? I mean, I really hope the teased Pilotwings stage will be a bland moving platform over a sprite island. Perhaps the stage will be rotating across Pilotwings locations with some mechanic, including Wuhu Island.

Since Pilotwings characters are conveniently emulateable as Miis, I'm not overly excited for a specific character making a standalone appearance. I trust Sakurai would do a good job with them, but I still would much rather see Miis in the game.

Edit: And a +1 for Wonder Red. Would make a very unique fighter considering TW101's core concept.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, is this a confirmation something will happen during the Direct or not?

JoeInky

I feel bad that some of you are really falling for my edited cragalanche pic that was posted a few days ago so I feel I should mention that it's fake.

Unless you all know and I am the one who is doing the falling.

Sponge

Banned
I feel bad that some of you are really falling for my edited cragalanche pic that was posted a few days ago so I feel I should mention that it's fake.

Unless you all know and I am the one who is doing the falling.

You fooled me back on MFGG and you continue to fool me now.

That isn't something he's actually posted on Miiverse guys, it's a joke. Though I'm getting flashbacks to a really late update that wound up being YOU MUST RECOVER.

Tirod

Sakurai please I just want to go to bed, don't make me stay up for the Nintendo Direct.

...Welp I guess no sleep tonight.

hupla

Setting my expectations low for a Luigi reveal to add to the year if Luigi stuff but hope it will be something a little crazy

Sponge

Banned
Setting my expectations low for a Luigi reveal to add to the year if Luigi stuff but hope it will be something a little crazy

I swear I heard W101 was getting a direct a while back. Dunno if the one tomorrow is that or not.

The reveal will be Dixie & Kiddie Kong (Ice Climbers Style).

Kiddie Kong will be revealed as the 4th character in Tropical Freeze, then, they're gonna show their Smash Bros trailer.

And I'm the only one who put them in his roster prediction so I'm gonna be leader of the leaderboard a little longer.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why? Because it's a great game, and mostly, unfairly, ignored, even by Nintendo. They always pretend that it doesn't exist.)
So ignored that it got a stage in Melee. OoT has had to wait till the 3DS version to get a stage and that's regarded as the best game in the series (I suppose Hyrule Castle from the N64 version could count, but for me it's a bit like Temple, a location that represents Zelda rather than a specific game). Even more recently it got an item in New Leaf. Oh and it spawn Tingle a character that Nintendo constantly uses.

OoT Young Link has been done.
Technically you could consider this also MM Link as 1) they are the same Link 2)Young Link only used a bow in Majora's Mask.

Still don't see why they'd suddenly make another Link to represents just one game when the others have been far more general. I agree their looks are based on specific Links of the time, but their moves are far more general.

JoeInky

I swear I heard W101 was getting a direct a while back. Dunno if the one tomorrow is that or not.

That was a rumour that started on /v/ from what I remember, it said it was going to be today before today's direct was announced, but the official announcement doesn't even mention W101.

Top Bottom