• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS Thread 2: Where Pilotwings is apparently Minecraft

Frolow

Banned
Really? From the interviews, it seemed like he wanted to keep as many veterans as possible.

Though, his comment about wanting to add characters that add something new and fresh to Smash Bros. might mean no new clones.

Eh, I'm probably wrong but that's just the impression I got.

its not a pilotwings stage, its a SNES stage

lots of SNES franchises represented in that stage that have no fighter reps.

uniracers stage too

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, how would you guys react if PLOK gets in since it's rumored he's getting a sequel tomorrow? Doubt it'd happen, but I'd love to see a Western-exclusive character for once in Smash.

My number 1 choice is still Tin Star in that regard, who was created by the same development team From Software.

I really hope Olimar gets Rock and Winged Pikmin.

I think giving Olimar a Peach-like hover move where Winged Pikmin carries him would be neat, and improve his recovery.

MisterHero

I can see you guys fighting on a plane in Pilotwings stage.
Hangliders too. Drafts could mess with the gravity of the stage. Missles from the ground. Mecha Hawk throwing shit.

If Pilotwings gets a character they better have the best recovery in the game. It's hard to imagine that not being the case.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So, how would you guys react if PLOK gets in since it's rumored he's getting a sequel tomorrow? Doubt it'd happen, but I'd love to see a Western-exclusive character for once in Smash.

Yeah, I saw the news about PLOK. I remembered that game but I don't think he deserved to be in the game since he's not that successful character.

Oh, but Pilot-fucking-wings, let alone the SNES version, is somehow more relevant? Okay.... ;)

Pilotwings has not been represented yet. The inclusion of Pilotwings is far more important than another Zelda character when we already have 4 on the roster.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For the record, I do appreciate all of your comments on OP but I'm not sure if people overlooked the credit that I posted in OP#2. I want to make sure that everyone know that
Xane is one that are responsible of the graphic works and screenshots (3DS and Wii U)

Thanks again.

Sakurai haven't retweeting the Direct so I fear that we mightn't get any reveal. Every time Sakurai retweet the Direct is when Super Smash Bros would appeared. It happened for last two times if I remembered correctly.

Plok you say.

Plok_by_ColdFlame1987.jpg

I don't mind at all that we're probably not getting any Smash news in the Direct tomorrow, as we'll almost certainly get another look at the Pilotwings stage as our screenshot! It'll be nice to see the actual stage instead of just a bit of the background.

Do you think Sakurai plans all of his stage and character reveals or just does it on a whim? "Man, I really like this Pilotwings stage... how about we make next week Pilotwings stage week! Yeah that sounds good."

J@hranimo

Banned
Half of me wants to wait until the daily picture updates

but I want to watch the Direct so just in case there's at least a little news for Smash I'll be taken by surprise. Decisions...

Spinluck

I hope since Snake is most likely out. They swap his moveset with a notable Nintendo character lol. I still have a feeling Sonic will be back with a revamped moveset.

With the upsides to his moveset unchanged (which is very little lol).

Still had a blast playing with him and maining him though.

Onesimos

Is the update running late?
It seems to me that different territories are updating differently, as how can some users able to get updates eariler than others. This was much different from the Brawl updates many years back which were usually faster and consistent.

Sponge

Banned
Any of chance of Sakurai not updating tonight because of the Direct tomorrow?

I'll probably be eating those words soon.

Everytime I see 3DS screenshots, I get goosebumps. The character sprites look amazing, who ever made that decision at Nintendo needs a lifetime job-garanty. I mean seriously this is the perfect artstyle for a portable fun-fighter game.

Just awesome

JoeInky

The latest a pic has ever been posted is 9:30am from what I can tell, so give it another 10 or so minutes guys.

fisheyes

This is the perfect storm. This will be our 'You must recover' update. I predict an hour late update that ends up with a close up of Mario on the Pikmin stage. The meltdowns will be glorious.

ash_ag

So, should we expect a Mii for today? The Pilotwings series has pretty much collided with the Wii/Mii series, and giving the Mii moves from several second tier series (it has been related to) might be a good way to both represent said series and make an interesting character.

Surprising they have Balloon Fighter elements to Villager rather than Mii considering Nintendo Land, but I guess a Pilotwings-based B↑ is more fitting.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is the perfect storm. This will be our 'You must recover' update. I predict an hour late update that ends up with a close up of Mario on the Pikmin stage. The meltdowns will be glorious.

It'll probably be about the possibility of...going in two directions with the mystic power of analogues!

Sponge

Banned
Whatever happened to that direct dedicated to The Wonderful 101? Is that the one tomorrow or is it something else? Sakurai was caught hanging at Platinum last year, after all.

JoeInky

Still no pic posted yet.

I want to believe, but I bet sakurai is just trying to get us to think something will be at the direct, only to post a picture of link doing the spin attack 2 hours late.

mclem

So, should we expect a Mii for today? The Pilotwings series has pretty much collided with the Wii/Mii series, and giving the Mii moves from several second tier series (it has been related to) might be a good way to both represent said series and make an interesting character.

Surprising they have Balloon Fighter elements to Villager rather than Mii considering Nintendo Land, but I guess a Pilotwings-based B↑ is more fitting.

The only thing is, I'd expect Mii to be associated with Wuhu Island, rather than a reference to SNES Pilotwings.

I'm trying to think what characters from SNES pilotwings really had a half-decent character design (nothing really has an identity). All I can think of is Rocket Belt Guy and the two characters from bonus rounds, Birdman and Diving Penguin. Birdman is perhaps the more interesting prospect.

Way back, in Brawl Dojo times, a big delay in the update generally brought a big new content, often new challenger.

#wonderredteam

Sponge

Banned
I'm honestly thinkin' Wonder Red. Stuff like Lost Odyssey and Ratchet & Clank were created by developers that don't own the IP. Nintendo probably does own The Wonderful 101.

Top Bottom