• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superman is coming to Supergirl in Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

And he still doesn't know who The Flash is.

7Iy6drb.gif

I wonder if all arrow verse shows will be affected by what happened in The Flash or will the Flash be in
it's own little universe for a while.

They have already stated that the DC TV universe is a different universe/reality from the Cinematic Universe. Which is why Flash TV isn't the same as Flash Movie.

What is dumb about it all is how despite this logic they still have legal issues with bringing Batman (officially at least) to the small screen... but maybe this is a start?

They might have stated it, which still doesn't make sense, but why not do it anyway? I'd be interested in watching this show if they did what they do (kind of) with AoS.

They have already stated that the DC TV universe is a different universe/reality from the Cinematic Universe. Which is why Flash TV isn't the same as Flash Movie.

What is dumb about it all is how despite this logic they still have legal issues with bringing Batman (officially at least) to the small screen... but maybe this is a start?

No "legal" issues at all, just corporate politics.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
"You will protect this world, cousin, I know it. But I must go helping these people."

"Good luck, Kara. Honor Kryptons legacy. May the odds be ever in your favor. And all that."

"I love you, cousin! Good bye, dear friends! Byyyyye"

"I, this worlds Jimmy Olsen will follow you into this weird wormhole of yours because I'm not-so-secretly in love with youuuu!"

"I, this worlds J. Jonah Jameson and owner of this whatever company that will totally go down if I leave will also follow you because I'm probably also in love with youuu!"

"Quick, Kara, I, the Flash, can no longer hold this portal of magic open, despite doing this on a regular basis these days! Also I'm in love with youuu!"

*plop*

*DCTV universe saved*

*credits*

*after credits*

"Haha, me, the fan favorite villain of Supergirl also made it through the portal! That'll teach you to not pay attention, and now I will wreak havoc in all of Season 2!"

*the end*

Aceun

Oh god, this made me think of something about how this might all go down.

[Flash S2 spoilers]
In the finale of season 2, Zoom threatens to destroy the multiverse leaving only Earth-1 (Arrowverse Earth). After saving the day, Barry travels back in time to save his mother a la "Flashpoint" which causes an alternate timeline. After realizing he fucked up, Barry goes back in time to stop himself and reset the timeline. Maybe when he tries to reset the timeline again, one of the changes is that Zoom somewhat succeeds in destroying part of the multiverse which causes a Crisis on Infinite Earth's scenario which then brings Supergirl into the Arrowverse?

I'd be down for this. The tough part though of having Supergirl in the arrowverse is that it automatically lowers the stakes for all shows. Damian Dahrk firing off nukes, let's call Supergirl.

I'd love to see routh. I thought he was a great superman. Cavill would look so out of place considering how different the tv and movie stuff are

Joni

They might have stated it, which still doesn't make sense, but why not do it anyway? I'd be interested in watching this show if they did what they do (kind of) with AoS.
In the end, aos is worse of because of it. Arrowverse needs more freedom, and not less.

Pilgrimzero

Just want to throw this out that Peter David's Supergirl Linda runs is one of my favorite runs. Then again I'm a fan of a lot of his writings.

Sephzilla

I'd be down for this. The tough part though of having Supergirl in the arrowverse is that it automatically lowers the stakes for all shows. Damian Dahrk firing off nukes, let's call Supergirl.

Meh, I think you could make the same argument with The Flash existing in the Arrowverse as well as a group of superheroes with a time traveling space ship.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Welling in the outfit would stir up ratings for the show. Couple his appearance with well written episodes and they could easily hook new viewers.

Sephzilla

The problem with Welling is that he, in part, brings Smallville into the picture which already had its own Flash, Oliver Queen, etc. Which raises some continuity issues with Supergirl since her Earth never had a Flash or Green Arrow.

tkscz

I don't watch nor follow the show. Have there just always been plans to kill off superman in it? (If so guessing the reason is the DC movieverse like it was for the suicide squad and Amanda Waller).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why do people want Welling again? Supergirl isn't a continuation of Smallville. And if they're smart, they would put 10,000 miles between the associations.

It's like the same people that wanted whoever played Oliver in Smallville to be cast in Arrow. People are going to watch no matter what, at least when you cast someone new you don't carry the baggage and assumptions people have about the other show. And it hasn't been long enough for them to cast someone as a wink to the fans, like Flash (and a lot of sci-fi show) does.

Putting Welling in this seems like squandering a fresh start for the show. You got a new network and now buzz for Superman showing up. It would be an absolute waste to cast someone that people are already familiar with, it kills the allure of seeing another actor's take on Superman. Plus, it's the dude from Smallville. That's how most people see it, there are much bigger draws in TV.

Neat. I'm down for Matt Bomer or Tom Welling for superman. Then kill him off and let that be that, no more wondering "why doesn't Superman just help/do it?" Not a question I'd ask, but it'd be nice if that was the resolution to that "problem".

The problem with Welling is that he, in part, brings Smallville into the picture which already had its own Flash, Oliver Queen, etc. Which raises some continuity issues with Supergirl since her Earth never had a Flash or Green Arrow.

Yep, they do a good job bringing back old actors in new roles like Shipp, Cain and Slater but it's different when it's an actor who has already found fame in the role, there's way too much baggage. Now having Welling as a villain on the other hand would be great, his best acting was always in the red kryptonite episodes.

Super excited to finally see Superman! I've been hoping for him to get cast for a long while. I wonder who it will be.

Personally, as someone who watched Smallville live for a decade...I'm against Tom Welling. I know that they wouldn't cast him, but still.

Joni

She had trouble catching two rockets.

If it's anyone other than Welling, the CW has failed.

He spent ten years in a Superman origin story, then refused to become Superman in the finale.

Sober

Fuck it, make Superman completely CGI and a composite of all eligible and/or past Superman actors, voiced by a computer that also is a composite of all of the above. Problem solved.

strafer

Fuck it, make Superman completely CGI and a composite of all eligible and/or past Superman actors, voiced by a computer that also is a composite of all of the above. Problem solved.

Sure, if the budget was more than 200 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom