• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

if I can dress Ryu like this I'm good:

tekken_6_7.png

Sayah

True, true. I could see from Harada tweets that he had more then few broken nights and sake bottles(Get ready for the next bottle!) from figuring out this game. He seems much more optimistic now, maybe he/his team nailed it.

Yeah, I do recall the point where the development was at 0% while in the meantime SFXTK was getting character reveal after character reveal. But, yes, the more recent tweets have been sounding more optimistic so I'm hoping they have nailed it. Let's hope for a proper E3 reveal. Even a CG trailer would be fine.

Maybe projectiles will be more like AOE attacks in TKxSF?

Maybe Ryu puts his fists out for the fireball and there is a energy sphere around him with a hitbox (the fireball forming or something). If you have happen to be across the screen, it will turn into a normal SF fireball. Or maybe Sim's fireball will be like Yoshi's or Nina's breathe moves.

Will be interesting what they come up with.

The poison breath moves work very differently from your typical hadouken. There are projectiles in the form of Alisa's missile arms or Devil Jin's laser beams but they can be easily sidestepped or ducked. If they are hoping to make projectiles work for SF characters and not just be useless additions, then we're gonna need to see some actual changes.

if I can dress Ryu like this I'm good:

tekken_6_7.png

Hehe. It would be Tekken team's turn to troll then. Revenge for creating gorilla Nina and Dr. Wily Heihachi. :D

A good reference to not so good reference to 3D fighting with projectiles is Rival Schools. Hit both kicks and you sidestep em. I could see that in Tekken. I'm more wondering if supers or EX moves will exist. I kind of don't since I'd like to see a more pure version of all the capcom characters' fighting styles.

I could see this game having Kunimitsu due to fan voting. that will truly show if Harada is right or wrong.

Would be cool to see if fans demand enough for Doc Bosconovitch or Gon for a comeback (modern day Gon would hopefuly be broken ^_^ )

Sayah

A good reference to not so good reference to 3D fighting with projectiles is Rival Schools. Hit both kicks and you sidestep em. I could see that in Tekken. I'm more wondering if supers or EX moves will exist. I kind of don't since I'd like to see a more pure version of all the capcom characters' fighting styles.

I could see this game having Kunimitsu due to fan voting. that will truly show if Harada is right or wrong.

Would be cool to see if fans demand enough for Doc Bosconovitch or Gon for a comeback (modern day Gon would hopefuly be broken ^_^ )

All this speculation is getting me excited.

Anyway, I happened to see this old batch of Tekken 3DS screenshots.
tekken-3d-prime-edition-075878.jpg

tekken-3d-prime-edition-121521.jpg

tekken-3d-prime-edition-095628.jpg

There are more on that Chartz website which is apparently banned here for some reason.

FreeMufasa

Just spent about 30 mins reading character stories on wiki. It's really interesting. I wish I could have been there from the start. I was blown away by a few things. My Tekken experience is playing versus on Tekken 2 way back and my friend telling me random stuff about the series.

I knew Kazuya was Heihachi's son but I never knew he had a kid. This whole time, the dude on all those covers, I thought it was Kazuya when it was his son Jin lol. It's great how the characters have also aged with time, it's something i'd like to see more often. Characters that were once in their 20s are now in their 50s. As opposed to most other fighters where they're always the same.

I like this pic.

Ybh8b.png

It's cool having 4 generations in one game. I think i'll make Tekken Tag 2 the first Tekken game I purchase. It's looking sweet. I don't want to burn myself out on Tekken 6 for now.

GrayFoxPL

^You sure? Tag2 won't come out for almost a year. We all could be dead by then. I'd pick T6 if I was you.

I consider SFxT to be half Tekken game and I absolutely can't wait for it. My most anticipated game this year. I really wonder if I can use my Tekken experience in this.

In other news:
I played bizarre person on online T6 ranked.
He was Bob with like 1000 matches played and he just spammed 3 moves. He knew absolutely nothing how to play even on lowest level. Yet he fought 1000 fights. 1000 fights and he learned nothing. How? He lost like 900 fights but somehow won 100.
I don't understand people like that.

Hmm...Now I feel bad, maybe he has problems or whatnot?

AAK

I don't want to burn myself out on Tekken 6 for now.

Sup FreeMufasa!

Trust me, unless you have fighting gm as a training partner or live in Korea/Japan/Cali/Atlanta.... It's near impossible to get burnt from T6... it's a MASSIVE game.

Oh yeah, and watch Tekken Blood Vengeance's last 30 min... I think you'll like it ;) Surprised you've never known about Kaz fathering Jin LOL. The whole Kaz/Jun relationship is probably the most speculated out of everything in Tekken.

FreeMufasa

^You sure? Tag2 won't come out for almost a year. We all could be dead by then. I'd pick T6 if I was you.

I consider SFxT to be half Tekken game and I absolutely can't wait for it. My most anticipated game this year. I really wonder if I can use my Tekken experience in this.

In other news:
He was Bob with like 1000 matches played and he just spammed 3 moves. He knew absolutely nothing how to play even on lowest level. Yet he fought 1000 fights. 1000 fights and he learned nothing. How? He lost like 900 fights but somehow won 100.

Oh really? I thought it was an early 2012 release. Guess i'll look into Tekken 6 then. It's become pretty expensive here though.

Sayah

Just spent about 30 mins reading character stories on wiki. It's really interesting. I wish I could have been there from the start. I was blown away by a few things. My Tekken experience is playing versus on Tekken 2 way back and my friend telling me random stuff about the series.

I knew Kazuya was Heihachi's son but I never knew he had a kid. This whole time, the dude on all those covers, I thought it was Kazuya when it was his son Jin lol. It's great how the characters have also aged with time, it's something i'd like to see more often. Characters that were once in their 20s are now in their 50s. As opposed to most other fighters where they're always the same.

I like this pic.

It's cool having 4 generations in one game. I think i'll make Tekken Tag 2 the first Tekken game I purchase. It's looking sweet. I don't want to burn myself out on Tekken 6 for now.
That's interesting.
I think I will make some Tekken confessions of my own, lol. Completely ignore if you don't care.
1. When I first started posting here, y'all were using that Tekken notation which was sign language for me. I actually had to learn it all to see what moves people were referencing to.
2. I have a love/hate with Alisa. One the one hand she is quite possibly one of the most annoying characters this generation. Her in scenario campaign or in Blood Vengeance is like Vanille in FFXIII. On the other hand, the concept of a robot girl with chainsaw arms who uses her head as a bomb is far too amazing which is why I use her sometimes.
3. The OP in this thread is mind blowing but my shitty computer can't load it very well. I had to literally have it open as the only tab and led it load for a few minutes to read through it all. But using gifs is really a revolutionary way to make OT's. Loved everything about it. Just wish I had a better computer. :/
4. I never used to watch streams until I got here. Contrary to popular opinion, I find 90% of the commentary to be annoying. It's especially annoying when it's completely unrelated to what's going on in the match (which is also the case 90% of the time for Tekken matches) or very loud. It's like watching a football match and the commentators aren't talking about the touchdown, they're busy talking about Pokemon and Yugioh. I find some of it funny but I'd rather have none at all. So I end up muting it most of the time.
5. I never knew the fighting game community was so big until I marveled into the Tekken and Marvel threads. It's nice to see so much love for one of the best genres (and IMO, THE best genre) in the video game industry. I'm glad it's not dying like the jrpg. However, I also find somethings like the elitism to be quite silly.

There's more but I'll stop. Please don't hate me.

AAK

1. When I first started posting here, y'all were using that Tekken notation which was sign language for me. I actually had to learn it all to see what moves people were referencing to.

3. The OP in this thread is mind blowing but my shitty computer can't load it very well. I had to literally have it open as the only tab and led it load for a few minutes to read through it all. But using gifs is really a revolutionary way to make OT's. Loved everything about it. Just wish I had a better computer. :/

There's more but I'll stop. Please don't hate me.

1. No WAY! You came up with all that Nina technology on your own without ever consulting TZ!? That's eye of the tiger levels of badass. ;)

3. Dang, yeah, I just realized as well that this thread won't work for people with bad connections. I travelled to Pakistan this holiday and tried to log onto the thread from there and it was hopeless. And I also finally joined the smart phone brigade and there's 0 chance the phone can handle all that information at once to display this OP. So I really did end up restricting the user base slightly.... especially for a game like Tekken which thrives in majority with the international community. But again, thanks for the compliments! Still open to improvements :)

As for my confession... I thought I was the shit until I saw my first professional match video and I was like... You can Juggle????

Also... I always hated the animals in Tekken! /hides

Sayah

1. No WAY! You came up with all that Nina technology on your own without ever consulting TZ!? That's eye of the tiger levels of badass. ;)

3. Dang, yeah, I just realized as well that this thread won't work for people with bad connections. I travelled to Pakistan this holiday and tried to log onto the thread from there and it was hopeless. And I also finally joined the smart phone brigade and there's 0 chance the phone can handle all that information at once to display this OP. So I really did end up restricting the user base slightly.... especially for a game like Tekken which thrives in majority with the international community. But again, thanks for the compliments! Still open to improvements :)

As for my confession... I thought I was the shit until I saw my first professional match video and I was like... You can Juggle????

Also... I always hated the animals in Tekken! /hides

1. My Nina developed mostly due to ranked matches. It took well over a year of consistent playing. But thanks. :)
3. No way. I think you might know what my username translates to. Quite corny, yes. I want to change it. You might know of Toba if only due to this. I know there are an abundance of desi Tekken fans.

And that's exactly how I felt about my skills until I actually started playing ranked matches online in T6. I thought I had accomplished so much just by memorizing King's grapple combos. lol.

As far as animals, I despise Kuma/Panda. I can understand why people would hate Gon but he was quite fun to play with regardless in T3. Roger is meh. I don't have problems with him.

Darn apparently D12 arcade patch for TTT2 (1/17 date) doesn't really do much at all.

http://www.tekken-net.kr/sub_main/news/view/notice_view.htm?b_seq=919&num=5

Awful Google translating said:
Hi, this is a fighting action game, the pinnacle of TT2 fist.

Tekken on the 18th of January 2012 version of the TT2 unit D12 is updated.

Geumbeon update changes in the game are as follows:

* Late-night hours, etc. [XX minutes after the bars will not be able to use the passport card] information is displayed, when
Sometimes the game could not be updated to modify the data

(TT2 fist on the morning of Jan. 18, depending on how the device is being navigated in
Each fist working to update the TT2 unit Fayed will ask the cooperation of stores gwanrijanim.)

Provide better service in the future we'll do our best to.
Thank you.

I honestly thought they were going to shape Killing Hawk somehow. Welp.

AAK

3. No way. I think you might know what my username translates to.

.... *Looks down shamelessly* I know close to nothing about my culture... and I can speak Urdu about as well as Jin Kazama can speak English. Don't travel to Pakistan quite often... but it's always embarrassing as hell leaving a trail of face-palms everywhere I go after trying to speak this complicated language.

Darn apparently D12 arcade patch for TTT2 (1/17 date) doesn't really do much at all.

http://www.tekken-net.kr/sub_main/news/view/notice_view.htm?b_seq=919&num=5

I honestly thought they were going to shape Killing Hawk somehow. Welp.

I guess they're carefully planning a massive all in one balance patch that will try to fix lot of balance issues with the game and include it with the eventual customization package they teased earlier this month.

But ah well, I'll give Namco the benefit of the doubt.

CSX

I guess they're carefully planning a massive all in one balance patch that will try to fix lot of balance issues with the game and include it with the eventual customization package they teased earlier this month.

But ah well, I'll give Namco the benefit of the doubt.

It shall be called TTTTTT2.

AAK

I personally blame the earthquake, I think that screwed up Namco's release plans for everything royally.

Also, some more Harada tweets:

TxSF will be nothing like SFEX:

https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/159875248114769921

I've played it. But I don't think so. RT@CrazySongz DO you Play Street Fighter EX ? It's a good base for Tekken x Street Fighter

The TxSF Facebook character poll is just for reference, it won't directly correspond to the roster:

https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/159997958568427520

Soon & character poll is just for reference. It doesn't necessarily decide who will be in the game RT@KlassifiedENT When are you gonna start

Sayah

I personally blame the earthquake, I think that screwed up Namco's release plans for everything royally.

Also, some more Harada tweets:

TxSF will be nothing like SFEX:

https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/159875248114769921

The TxSF Facebook character poll is just for reference, it won't directly correspond to the roster:

https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/159997958568427520

Interesting. I hope he can at least give a date for when he plans to reveal the game.
.... *Looks down shamelessly* I know close to nothing about my culture... and I can speak Urdu about as well as Jin Kazama can speak English. Don't travel to Pakistan quite often... but it's always embarrassing as hell leaving a trail of face-palms everywhere I go after trying to speak this complicated language.

It's cool. I can speak Urdu but I don't know how to write it. The last time I went there must have been 2007.

Sayah

In other news:

Must have missed this post. But yes, I would stop playing if my ratio was 900-100. lol
I distinctly remember constantly being matched up with this King player. Dude had like well over 10,000 matches played.

AAK

Special Unlocked cab's??? Don't recall hearing/reading about this. As far as I know Namco is extremely adamant at having all of their machines locked to the Tekken.net connection. I.E. if your cabinet isn't connected the game won't function.

It's cool. I can speak Urdu but I don't know how to write it. The last time I went there must have been 2007.

From my short trip there (Karachi), the few people I asked about competitive gaming all said the big names are basically Counter Strike, DOTA, and other PC games. Console games are really limited there... I guess because of the open piracy in that region. So the biggest fighting game there is pretty much King of Fighters 98 thanks to all the Emulators out there for the game.

GrayFoxPL

.... *Looks down shamelessly* I know close to nothing about my culture... and I can speak Urdu about as well as Jin Kazama can speak English.

Lol. "Zeres no rezon to fyth" was and always will be my favorite line in fg, and something I always hear in my head when I play/see Jin. :D

which is why im going to france next month and japan & korea in the summer to play some more :D i got my ass handed to me in korea in december and i currently boast an amazing 2:50 w/l ratio in tag2...

Wait, you won against Koreans? Twice?!

That's nothing to be ashamed off, it's a reason to boast!

Sayah

From my short trip there (Karachi), the few people I asked about competitive gaming all said the big names are basically Counter Strike, DOTA, and other PC games. Console games are really limited there... I guess because of the open piracy in that region. So the biggest fighting game there is pretty much King of Fighters 98 thanks to all the Emulators out there for the game.

Yah, most of what is sold from games to movies is pirated. I think you can get Xbox 360 games there for like $1.50. There are Tekken enthusiasts there, though. I was in Lahore when I went, though.

AAK

Love every track I see... Just some CRUCIAL tracks you guys are missing:

TTT Console Ogre

TTT Arcade Staff Roll (Has to be up there with Night Falls as the best credits song in Tekken History!)

T2 Console Jack2

TTT Arcade Heihachi

T3 Arcade Hidden Characters

TTT Arcade School

TTT Arcade Yoshimitsu

T5R Twist and Scream

T5 Antares

T3 Intro Music

TTT2 Hall of Judgement

TTT2 - Iron Arena

:) Wow what a legendary sound team behind this series.

Yoshimitsu vs Devil Jin
in SoulCalibur V

Damn... EX EWGF is a d/f+1 into EWGF that juggle while midair like Bob's WS+2,1... Starting to see how TxSF can come into fruition...

Also, Thankfully ARIS reuploaded the legendary GM vs Knee WCG match... Listen closely to the hilarity that ensues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ByMv2_-gbA

Sayah

Love every track I see... Just some CRUCIAL tracks you guys are missing:

TTT Console Ogre

TTT Arcade Staff Roll (Has to be up there with Night Falls as the best credits song in Tekken History!)

T2 Console Jack2

TTT Arcade Heihachi

T3 Arcade Hidden Characters

TTT Arcade School

TTT Arcade Yoshimitsu

T5R Twist and Scream

T5 Antares

T3 Intro Music

TTT2 Hall of Judgement

TTT2 - Iron Arena

:) Wow what a legendary sound team behind this series.

Damn... EX EWGF is a d/f+1 into EWGF that juggle while midair like Bob's WS+2,1... Starting to see how TxSF can come into fruition...

Also, Thankfully ARIS reuploaded the legendary GM vs Knee WCG match... Listen closely to the hilarity that ensues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ByMv2_-gbA
NICE!
I just realized Twist and Scream is a remix of Streets from T5. lol

FSLink

Banned
Trying to learn Tekken 6 in preparation for Tag 2. Was never into any of the Tekken games competitively so I want to try to start here. What are some good beginner characters to actually learn the metagame?

GrayFoxPL

Trying to learn Tekken 6 in preparation for Tag 2. Was never into any of the Tekken games competitively so I want to try to start here. What are some good beginner characters to actually learn the metagame?

Beginner characters hmm...

Feng, Bob, Dragunov, Beak, Paul, Law(don't do it!), Lili,(don't do it!) Alisa(don't do it!), Asuka, Heihachi is pretty easy too.

But it depends how you understand "beginner character". I listed above based on damage output with relative ease of execution in combos/juggles.

CSX

Feng, Bob, Dragunov, Beak, Paul, Law(don't do it!), Lili,(don't do it!) Alisa(don't do it!), Asuka, Heihachi is pretty easy too.

But it depends how you understand "beginner character". I listed above based on damage output with relative ease of execution in combos/juggles.

I'll expand that with characters that dont have stances or dont heavily rely on stances

Doomshine

I wouldn't recommend Baek because of his stance, Heihachi, well, because he is a Mishima and Paul has some just frame moves, but otherwise I agree. Feng's juggles are easy, but the damage is terrible though :/

I would also like to add Wang and Jack to that list.

Dragunov is beginner? I'd say he's on the higher end of beginner.

Top Bottom