• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Ahahaha power of the twitter feed man! (And general browsing of SRK, TZ, gaf not so much since it's slow :p)

I'm wagering that the update is an update like BR,DR/SF4AE/KoF13's climax edition update. Since the TTT2 cabinets can be updated via internet connection arcade owners shouldn't have to actually haul over and purchase another arcade cab. (That would be just down right cruel and I'm sure they won't want to piss of arcade owners like they did back with T5)

But yeah a must for this version is the toning down of that ridiculous killing hawk maneuver..... And 2P costumes. Although I wouldn't mind Kunimitsu!

LowParry

A new TTT2? I was expecting to see it. Very good Namco. Can't wait to see what's been added. I'd love to see more T5 stages. Make sure we get the info posted up on the Gaming side when it goes live. Good news is Tekken news :D

Pachimari

I'm so excited for TTT2!
So much, that I'm contemplating buying a Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA, maybe 2 when I find myself a job again.

Tekken is in my blood baby!
Oh, and bring back Michelle.

Sayah

Family traditions.
Family_Tradition_by_julitka.jpg

zlatko

Banned
So after experiencing the amazing net code the Project Soul team came up with on a rushed project, I can't help but be extremely excited over what the Tekken Tag 2 team is going to come up with for TTT2.

Markman, you can spill the beans, is it going to be god like ?

So after experiencing the amazing net code the Project Soul team came up with on a rushed project, I can't help but be extremely excited over what the Tekken Tag 2 team is going to come up with for TTT2.

If the netcode sucks again, I know what internet denizens will be calling it.

Tekken Lag Tournament

GrayFoxPL

In Japanese it's probably "Shin Tekken Tag Tournament 2" so it sounds cooler then, uh "New".

Wonder if it keeps tradition of adding 2 characters to the roster.

Can't wait for more news!

What does "planning something big" means? :O

Tekken RPG

AAK

I personally think it's too early for them to announce new characters. It's only been 4 months and a few weeks since it launched. But I'd love for me to be proven wrong! It always sounded like a new character would come out way into the console release.

And even if they were to plan a new character during the Arcade lifecycle, I think they'd save that card for when the game would be falling behind in the Arcadia sales. As far as we've seen so far, it's still on top right under Gundam.

But Rip found out that this update is probably only for Pair Play, 2P outfits, item moves, and balance update.

Regardless, should be interesting :)

Sayah

I personally think it's too early for them to announce new characters. It's only been 4 months and a few weeks since it launched. But I'd love for me to be proven wrong! It always sounded like a new character would come out way into the console release.

And even if they were to plan a new character during the Arcade lifecycle, I think they'd save that card for when the game would be falling behind in the Arcadia sales. As far as we've seen so far, it's still on top right under Gundam.

But Rip found out that this update is probably only for Pair Play, 2P outfits, item moves, and balance update.

Regardless, should be interesting :)

Interesting.....I imagine if online play on consoles will allow for pair play. I can only imagine the type of lag there would be with 4 players. Maybe at Smash Bros. levels.

AAK

Interesting.....I imagine if online play on consoles will allow for pair play. I can only imagine the type of lag there would be with 4 players. Maybe at Smash Bros. levels.

Yeah... I'm staying the hell away from Pair play online. LOL. I'm not expecting much from TTT2 netcode.

In case anyone missed it, Lingmassacre on Wakeup SRK talking about his island Tekken 6 invitation only tournament:

http://www.twitch.tv/keits/b/307880662

Absolutely incredible.

http://i.imgur.com/5Sx7X.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

WHAT....! He has an actual island!?? I thought it was just a figure of speech. Okay I can't wait for this. It's gonna coincide with the Fingercramp SFxT exhibition... but I'll watch both simultaneously

[quote="GrayFoxPL, post: 34983512"]SFxT should have that, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does, both for the cross play and pair play.

And in some TTT2 land discoveries... such an AWESOME tech trap with Armor King:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbTGP-orMbM[/url]

Damn, this is what I love about Tekken's system that I'll never get enough of!

GrayFoxPL

Yeah... I'm staying the hell away from Pair play online. LOL. I'm not expecting much from TTT2 netcode.

Hmm. I got used to T6 netcode so it feels natural, SCV is better, fun online play.
I think they are getting better with this, so I'm optimistic on tag 2.

Unless you hate SCV netcode :p.

Sayah

In case anyone missed the thread, there was an Iwata Asks interview for Tekken 3D Prime Edition.
And in some TTT2 land discoveries... such an AWESOME tech trap with Armor King:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbTGP-orMbM

Damn, this is what I love about Tekken's system that I'll never get enough of!

DAYUM. I'm still playing Tekken 6 whenever I get the chance. Can't even imagine how much time I'll spend with Tag 2. It's going to be more insane because the team combinations will really allow for limitless possibilities for discovery.

SFxT should have that, right?
Yeah, I think so. Not sure if it'll run any better, though.

Drat LingMassacre's event is on right with the Fingercramp event...... Dammit, SFxT can wait I gotta see this.

Also regarding the "New TTT2"

Not to get anyone furthur excited but.....

http://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/167626634705375233

Roughly translates to....

"new TTT 2 (working title)' you are planning to show at AOU be a major updated version similar to 6 -> BR?"

"Even moreso."

And that thing Rip mentioned about pair play functionality.

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/news/news_detail.html?param=aWQ9NzAmdHlwZT1O866978

That update to pair play is set for the 2/14 whilst AOU 2012 is on at 17/02 - 18/02.

..... I call dibs on the gaming news thread. :p

AAK

*Surfs NEOGAF*

ibgg5sqh1b0S3p.jpg

Ooooo should be some new info!

9VqpY.gif

Drat LingMassacre's event is on right with the Fingercramp event...... Dammit, SFxT can wait I gotta see this.

"new TTT 2 (working title)' you are planning to show at AOU be a major updated version similar to 6 -> BR?"

"Even moreso."

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/news/news_detail.html?param=aWQ9NzAmdHlwZT1O866978

That update to pair play is set for the 2/14 whilst AOU 2012 is on at 17/02 - 18/02.

iLd6KolPIU1lC.gif

....MUST...NOT....GET....HYPE!!

mgs2-handshake_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

The honor shall be all yours :)

Sayah

"Even moreso."

I'm gonna be screaming like a prepubescent girl at a JB concert.
Don't disappoint Team Tekken.

Sayah

I'm horrible at banners.......but I like making them, lol.
I guess I'll also try to make some form of an OT since no one else is doing it. It will suck but there needs to be something.

Sayah

How does this look for an OT? It's half-assed but I tried. Half of it is AAK's work. :p

jbifmsdGrRa6dY.png

Developer: Arika, Namco Bandai Games
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Release Dates: Feb. 16, 2012 (Japan), Feb. 14, 2012 (NA), Feb. 17, 2012 (EU)

Boxart:
61rSdFXwvOL.jpg

Description
Tekken is not only heading to the WiiU but onto the 3DS as well. It promises to have 60fps gameplay while in full 3D mode being the first fighting game on the handheld platform to do both simultaneously. It aims to have over 40 characters which rivals the roster seen in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 even. The package is sealed also with the complete Tekken Blood Vengeance film watchable in 3D also.

Trailers
ib0NliYQxpcnoB.gif

2012 Trailer
Ono vs. Harada Trailer
Gamescom Trailer

Screenshots:

Characters
The game will feature a roster of over 40 playable characters.
jHiwzY8pQyW99.png

Characters include:
Alisa Bosconovitch
Anna Williams
Armor King II
Asuka Kazama
Baek Doo San
Bruce Irvin
Bryan Fury
Christie Monteiro
Craig Marduk
Devil Jin
Eddy Gordo
Eleonore "Leo" Kliesen
Emilie "Lili" de Rochefort
Feng Wei
Ganryu
Heihachi Mishima
Hwoarang
Jack-6
Jin Kazama
Julia Chang
Kazuya Mishima
King II
Kuma II
Lars Alexandersson
Lee Chaolan
Lei Wulong
Ling Xiaoyu
Marshall Law
Miguel Caballero Rojo
Mokujin
Nina Williams
Panda
Paul Phoenix
Raven
Robert "Bob" Richards
Roger Jr.
Sergei Dragunov
Steve Fox
Wang Jinrei
Yoshimitsu
Zafina

Stages
The game will include 8 new stages and also borrow some others from Tekken 6.
jbw20fOPDDcsms.png

Some stages include:
Zaibatsu Headquarters
Cathedral
Temple of the Dragon
Ancient Ruins
Lotus Hall
Bowling Alley Rooftop
Desert Wasteland
Wrecked Dojo

Modes
The game will feature several modes including online and offline versus battle as well as Survival, Training, and Quick Battle. Here's a taste of what's included.
Special Survival

j44OmAYsThhcr.png

Versus
jJc9XQ062BsCf.png

Practice
jQL6VvNYuHAyo.png

Additional Features
The game will allow for the use of touch commands on the bottom screen. The L and R buttons can also be used.
jbkN54ZJypreSZ.png

jbi0NzCEuFZH6A.png

The game will also feature unlockable cards which players can use to create an album.
j20u4rG9PPmzz.png

Developer Interview

jUD7GLJMpGdrh.jpg

Iwata Asks - where the plate is a guest and everyone laughs really hard.

ibsdnPcBXRJvog.jpg

iUQ8IaSTxXqvL.gif

The Tekken 3DS Prime Edition includes the Tekken: Blood Vengeance movie in 3D.

T:BV is the CG Movie announced during Namco’s Dubai LevelUp event on May 5th. It was animated by Digital Frontier, the same guys who made the Resident Evil Degeneration films. The film was directed by Youichi Mori who also directed the game intros for Tekken 5 and Tekken 6. The screenplay was done by Dai Saito of Cowboy Bebop fame. BRD is set for North American release on November 22, 2011.

1958430-424px_tekken_blood_vengeance___poster.jpg

The plot, which takes place between the events of Tekken 5 and Tekken 6, begins with Anna Williams setting up a decoy for her sister, Nina Williams, who is currently working with the new head of the Mishima Zaibatsu, Jin Kazama. Anna, on the other hand, works for Jin's father, Kazuya Mishima and its rival organization, G Corporation. Both are seeking information about a student named Shin Kamiya, and Anna dispatches as a Chinese student Ling Xiaoyu to act as a spy, while Jin sends humanoid robot Alisa Bosconovitch for a similar purpose.

The main characters and their respective Seiyuu/VA:

• Ling Xiaoyu - Maaya Sakamoto/Carrie Keranen
  • Alisa Bosconovitch - Yuki Matsuoka/Cristina Valenzuela
  • Shin Kamiya - Mamoru Miyano/David Vincent
  • Kazuya Mishima - Masanori Shinohara/Kyle Hebert
  • Jin Kazama - Isshin Chiba/Patrick Seitz
  • Nina Williams - Atsuko Tanaka/ Charlotte Bell
  • Anna Williams - Akeno Watanabe/Tara Platt
ibmiA79Dnbv4F3.gif

Teaser Trailer

Movie Clip

itRzfVS2Xqf2w.gif

Sayah

Cool. I'll take out the notation system. That trailer is already there, though.
What should the title be?

-------> Tekken 3D Prime Edition |OT| Ohhhh, EXCELLENT!! <------- ???

And should I use a banner? I liked my original one.

Untitled-12456-1.jpg

Westlo

I'll be in rage if it isn't as upto the calibur of SC5.

I had a dream this morning that I was playing the New TTT2. 2 characters wered added, Hollow and George. Hollow was just unknown so I dont know why they changed the name. George looked exactly like Josh from Resident Evil 5. When you chose your character a list of ten different pre customized outfits were selectable. I was playing Jun and Bob and he had a shining wizard like move lol. George was slow, hits hard and has a ton of range as he uses a rifle to fight. The rest of the dream was a blur and I'm surpised I was able to remember as much as I did. <3 Tekken

Sayah

Well, gifs and Iwata Asks interview has been added. I guess reviews should also be coming in soon. Since it's basically Tekken 6 gameplay, not sure how the gaming media will treat it.

Touch screen commands might help newcomers but pretty sure this is how the press will end up playing the game regardless. Reckless disregard and dismissal of game mechanics or any attempt at learning anything. Let's just mash buttons and see who wins and then call the series a move-spamming, button-masher when, in actuality, we don't know anything at all.

AAK

To Sayah

dbw868s74RyjHb.gif

Good stuff man! Hero of the month!

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know when DocMassacres Island Invitational begins? It says 2 PM but is that EST, PST, ???

And are there any takers for making a Doc Massacre Island Invitation OT?

And the Fingercramp SFxT exhibition is also starting pretty late I presume, around 7 PM EST right? Interesting to see how FAB and Bloodhawk do :)

Westlo said:
I'll be in rage if it isn't as upto the calibur of SC5.

This. Make it happen Namco, just steal their netcode or something. Also jack everything else they have working for it; expand replay functionality (start and quit aren't that great) , exporting replays to .mp4s, keyboard functionality for chat and make the whole player license thing more refined. I saw what they were going for back with T6 but SCV now raises the bar.

Also, is anyone else noticing a really tiresome trend lately?

- Go to TZ
- "TEKKEN IS RUINED JUGGLES ARE TAKING FOREVER"
- Avoidingthepuddle...
- "FUCK DESE JUGGLES MAN"
- Tekken IRC channel
- "I can take a half hour shit when I get juggled, everything was better in the good ol' days"

This is getting quite irksome to read.... Dear lord.

--

*sorry AAK, your just going to wait til the 18th before some serious news goes down* :p

Pachimari

This. Make it happen Namco, just steal their netcode or something. Also jack everything else they have working for it; expand replay functionality (start and quit aren't that great) , exporting replays to .mp4s, keyboard functionality for chat and make the whole player license thing more refined. I saw what they were going for back with T6 but SCV now raises the bar.

- Go to TZ
- Avoidingthepuddle...
- Tekken IRC channel
- "I can take a half hour shit when I get juggled, everything was better in the good ol' days"

--

*sorry AAK, your just going to wait til the 18th before some serious news goes down* :p

That is hilariously funny. I decided to check out Tekken Zaibatsu for the first time in like 6-8 months just 2 hours ago, and the first I read about in there were how Tekken is ruined with juggles.

Has anyone listened to this YouTube review of Tekken Tag Tournament 2? It seem to be really spot on.
I wish I were in the Philippines now where they always get the Arcades early, but it always happens when I am not there. =(

Hopefully I'll receive the review copy of Tekken: Hybrid and Tekken 3D: Prime Edition next week.

When all that is said, I'm contemplating buying two or maybe just one of the 'Hori Officially Licensed Real Arcade Pro V3 SA' arcade sticks. Alongside the Kotobukiya figures of Christie Monteiro, Alisa Boskonovitch, Asuka Kazama, Lili, JayCee, Ling Xiaoyu and Hwoarang.

Review copy of Tekken Hybrid? But it's already available lol. PS3s and imports go hand in hand. ;)

Alongside the Kotobukiya figures of Christie Monteiro, Alisa Boskonovitch, Asuka Kazama, Lili, JayCee, Ling Xiaoyu and Hwoarang.

Th.... Thats quite the shopping list there, I'm jealous. I thought it was just Christie, an awesome looking Yoshimitsu and .... Alisa I think that were currently available though.

Pachimari

Christie is the only one out. Alisa is up for pre-order. But I'm confused as to Yoshimitsu, cause its not the same creator. Asuka, Lili and JayCee are next, while Ling and Hwoarang were strongly hinted at recently.

As to Tekken Hybrid, I always get the review copies so I don't have to pay. I haven't bought a game in years, since I review them, so I prefer that method. :)

Sayah

- Go to TZ
- Avoidingthepuddle...
- Tekken IRC channel

--

Really? Juggling isn't even a huge part of the game (as in, the learning process). Anyone can pick up and learn a few juggles. It's a known process. Once you perform a launcher, you know what you're gonna do and there's not much restlessness involved. Most of the restlessness, pressure, tension, and stress comes from spacing, movement, and prediction. And this sort of stress is the best thing about Tekken, something which I don't see any other franchise replicating. When you succeed in 1uping your opponent, avoid their launchers and punish accordingly, that's what's most fun. Juggles are important for performing good damage and it feels great when you're the one performing them but that's just it. What else is there? What sort of mechanics are there when everything you are doing in a juggle (within a match) is almost always pre-determined and known? It's hardly a problem. That's how juggles work in any game. I don't see anyone complaining about combos in MvC3 where even touching an opponent can lead to 80% health loss. Now MvC3 is great in its own right and I love the game.

It's not the juggles that are a problem. It's the people that say they are a problem that are the problem. They need to stop crying, start practicing, and learn the inner mechanics. When people get launched and juggled, it's their own mistake.

/justmyopinion.

Sayah

Ohh trust me, I've had my fair share of arguments about people complaining about juggles...

Just see the comments to this news post:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/2/5/ttt2-bryanbruce-combo-video-by-the-knee.html

A lot more respect points for you. :p
Let me also clarify myself further by saying that my comment was also directed at using juggles within an actual match. Juggles in Tekken can be an extremely creative and experimental process (didn't mean to downplay their role) but that's within the realm of practice mode. Once you're in an actual match, you can usually only perform juggles that you already know (and thus them being often pre-determined and not an actual part of the stress-inducing process in a match and all that). And this holds true for juggles in almost any fighter, not just Tekken. That also doesn't make juggles a brain dead process either. Knowing how to use walls to your advantage can obviously can change the juggle setups and this can vary stage by stage (for example).

In any case, people need to stop complaining about juggles in T6 and stop overplaying their role. They are a creative process that, however, still contributes little to the learning process in comparison with the importance of movement, sidestepping, ducking, and all. Knowing juggles is not gonna help anyone if they don't know how to avoid launchers and punish.

Sayah

You're ignoring the mind games and spacing needed to first execute a launcher; you ignore the pressure game people develop based on string mixups, guard stuns, and poking; you're ignoring the throw and tackle system, you ignore the defensive options in the game like counters, parries, low parries; you ignore the dynamic nature of the battle that involves orientation stuns, and frame advantage from minor stuns.

This should be copied and pasted into every Tekken juggle argument.

- Slips and Shin's podcast is where they really begin to criticize what Tekken has become. They put up 2 major arguments. Their first, I can agree with: They say that the Tekken characters have all lost their identity. Previously characters like Paul and Jack were power hitters depending on getting their big hits in and characters like Yoshimitsu/Kunimitsu depended on trickery to get their unblockables in. Now in Tekken 6, they depend on juggle damage to win just like every regular character, and hence lose what made them unique.

Paul can still take like half a life bar on counter hit with one move. He hasn't lost his identity at all. I'll just have to disagree here but otherwise, great read AAK.

AAK

Paul can still take like half a life bar on counter hit with one move. He hasn't lost his identity at all. I'll just have to disagree here but otherwise, great read AAK.

I see what you mean, (although I think the damage of qcf+2 CH is more like 30% rather than ~50% not counting rage), but Paul specifically IMO changed playstyles drastically. He has a d/f+2 that crushes a lot highs and some mids even. With a move that valuable, I think his game changed to really utilizing that move to get as much damage as possible. Whereas the phoenix smasher while still a good move, won't garner as much damage nor is it as safe... but I welcome your opinion :) And thanks for the compliments.

And DrumFx takes the tourney I think. Still good play by Taxi, although it must suck having to run through Tick, OffinBed and then lose.

Well back to NorCalibur stream.

MightyKAC

As much as I love the series as it is now, Tekken maybe more than any another fighting game NEEDS a reboot. The more I think on it the more I agree with what Aris has been talking about for a while, the only people that really play Tekken now are the ones who have been playing for a long time. Very few people are willing to make the investment of time and money it takes to get good at it. Now I've been playing this since the first game but folks who want to start at T6 or even tag 2 are simply gonna be waaaaaay out of thier element.

As much as it pains me to say, Namco needs to do with T7 what they did with SCV.

Sayah

As much as I love the series as it is now, Tekken maybe more than any another fighting game NEEDS a reboot. The more I think on it the more I agree with what Aris has been talking about for a while, the only people that really play Tekken now are the ones who have been playing for a long time. Very few people are willing to make the investment of time and money it takes to get good at it. Now I've been playing this since the first game but folks who want to start at T6 or even tag 2 are simply gonna be waaaaaay out of thier element.

As much as it pains me to say, Namco needs to do with T7 what they did with SCV.

To be honest, I had taken a hiatus from Tekken after Tekken 5. I hadn't played the series for about three years when I got my hands on Tekken 6 and the game was basically completely brand new material for me but that didn't stop me from learning the mechanics. Do people just expect to be able to get better the next day? I mean that's the part of the appeal for me in fighters in that they require actual skill and time investment. I can understand some fighters have an easier entry level for beginners but that's not necessarily what makes a game great imo. All the Tekken team needs to do is create a tutorial for beginners. And I do think Harada had tweeted earlier that the console version will have a tutorial mode.

As far as Tekken 7, it probably will get a major overhaul.
I see what you mean, (although I think the damage of qcf+2 CH is more like 30% rather than ~50% not counting rage), but Paul specifically IMO changed playstyles drastically. He has a d/f+2 that crushes a lot highs and some mids even. With a move that valuable, I think his game changed to really utilizing that move to get as much damage as possible. Whereas the phoenix smasher while still a good move, won't garner as much damage nor is it as safe... but I welcome your opinion :) And thanks for the compliments.

Even on block, I think the phoenix smasher creates a huge gap between the player and the opponent so punishing it can be difficult. At least that's just from my experience playing Paul players. But yah, I still think it takes enough damage. Same for Yoshimitsu. He can still play with great trickery from what I've seen. And he has the most unblockables....more than any character in the game. And yeah, no prob. I agree with mostly everything you said.

AAK

I get a free Dark Upper on a perfectly blocked Phoenix Smasher ;)

BUT I can't in online play because of lag :( screws up my crouch dash input. I have to settle for a Shoulder.

And DrumFx takes the tourney I think. Still good play by Taxi, although it must suck having to run through Tick, OffinBed and then lose.

Well back to NorCalibur stream.

There were some REALLY good matches in that stream. Shame about the capture card failing on them. I would have definitely made a thread on the gaming side discussion. Off in Beat vs DrumFX during Winner's finals was pretty entertaining to watch.

Vodh

Just watched Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Always liked Alisa, but now I just love her.

brb, gonna go hug a fridge.

Top Bottom