• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

Something something tubes something something no aging something something Steve Fox. *shrug*
ibcNYiFY29XfiA.gif

The thing about his mixups... is that they're pretty risky. That's where he falls short.

About the bound moves, but even though it is difficult, he does have a bound move from LFF: f,f,f+3. It's the only way to get a combo from RFF,(4),4 CH. You have to instantly get the f,f,f+3 right after for a pretty flashy combo.

Never used f,f,f,+3 for bounding with him. Will have to test it out.

Sayah

Katsuhiro Harada ‏ @Harada_TEKKEN

The promotion of TKxSF cannot be performed before SFxTK sales (or immediately after sale). RT@Bigshot0910 I haven't seen anything on TKxSF

YES! Please let this be the only thing delaying the TKXSF reveal.

AAK

Once March 6th passes by you can bet he'd say he doesn't want it to coincide with the DLC release of SFxT characters ;)

The only thing you can expect is a small teaser, but a stream of information seems highly unlikely IMO until TTT2 console hits.

Sayah

Once March 6th passes by you can bet he'd say he doesn't want it to coincide with the DLC release of SFxT characters ;)

The only thing you can expect is a small teaser, but a stream of information seems highly unlikely IMO until TTT2 console hits.

Even a teaser will do. Maybe show some CG animation.
And good games. Thankfully, only one disconnect the whole time. I'm gonna try to set up a wired connection with the PS3 so hopefully that will help get rid of more lag.

Edit: I'm also wondering if a scramble/smash bros. mode would be possible in Tag 2. Would it even work?

AAK

Sigh... it's not even worth trying to react in online T6... In the end I was just throwing things out and praying they'd connect. :/ I'm ashamed of myself.

CSX

Edit: I'm also wondering if a scramble/smash bros. mode would be possible in Tag 2. Would it even work?

Im picturing a crazy 8v8 team battle mode with pair play. Each of the 16 characters is a seperate player. If this happens, we need a gaf clan.

Also qudans' return to tekken deserves its own OT :p

His youtube matches were the reason why I started playing tekken back in middle school :)

Sayah

Im picturing a crazy 8v8 team battle mode with pair play. Each of the 16 characters is a seperate player. If this happens, we need a gaf clan.

Also qudans' return to tekken deserves its own OT :p

His youtube matches were the reason why I started playing tekken back in middle school :)
8v8 in a fighter? Too much on one screen. Don't think it would ever work.

CSX

8v8 in a fighter? Too much on one screen. Don't think it would ever work.

im talking about team battle mode where you select 1-8 characters against your opponents 1-8 characters. Its like elimination mode tekken. you lose and your next character fights in next match against the winner with some health recovered.

THis mode has been in every tekken game i think.

So instead of one player selecting 8 characters, its 8 players selecting one character on a team and they fight for team order lol

Sayah

im talking about team battle mode where you select 1-8 characters against your opponents 1-8 characters. Its like elimination mode tekken. you lose and your next character fights in next match against the winner with some health recovered.

THis mode has been in every tekken game i think.

So instead of one player selecting 8 characters, its 8 players selecting one character on a team and they fight for team order lol

Ah, sorry. Completely misinterpreted that.

Yep, comes natural after a while. "Impossible online" becomes possible.

Yeah, once I do a launcher, I sort of know the timing for the rest of the combo. It's like a systematic thing going on with my fingers. Even with on-screen lag, my performance is not affected as badly unless the lag is severely bad.

Plus fun fact.... AAK doesn't just stand for Awesome Armor King; it's my initials...

Neat, now I have a youtube channel to stalk!

Yeah, once I do a launcher, I sort of know the timing for the rest of the combo. It's like a systematic thing going on with my fingers. Even with on-screen lag, my performance is not affected as badly unless the lag is severely bad.

db+4, df+2, 1, b+21, df+3,b!, 323 ain't that hard to do online. :p

Well anyways....

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/2/23/2818797/a-night-in-tokyo-with-rampage-jackson

@ 21:40... Rampage Jackson plays Tekken Tag tournament 2.... Its not what I was expecting. Ahahahah

EDIT: Hmmm..... Anyone know the name of this beastly Heihachi player? Looks like he made good use of the sidesteps here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-98eiQEdovI

'Cept, Knee knows how to wavedash, the guy in the video looks like he can't optimally perform wavedashes consistently and well relied on running to get in. That and I don't think Knee is brave enough to do 3xEWGF > Bound to OTGF a lot.

Looking at it, Heihachi has utterly ridiculous combos in Tag 2 lawday. I've seen it before somewhere, he could do a EWGF to a OTGF to another EWGF to a bound. Shit's ridiculous but must be oh so rewarding.

CSX

'Cept, Knee knows how to wavedash

Its possible he might be readjusting how he inputs it to prevent qcf since heihachi has qcf2

THen again i dont play stick so i dont know

and knee would be brave enough to do otgfs since back when he picked up Kaz for BR, he kept on going for CH df2 EWGF on casuals :p

AAK

'Cept, Knee knows how to wavedash, the guy in the video looks like he can't optimally perform wavedashes consistently and well relied on running to get in. That and I don't think Knee is brave enough to do 3xEWGF > Bound to OTGF a lot.

Yo, Knee can do Kazuya's d/f+2 CH into Electric launch... that's way harder IMO opinion to 3xEWGF d+1~5 TA filler OTGF. OTGF has the exact same timing as JFSR or Kaz's perfect 13f EWGF which Knee has done plenty of times... and if I can do Hei's 3xEWGF then I'm sure Knee can consistently ;) It's not even the max damage possibility, you can even do 2xEWGF,f+3,EWGF d+1.. that I have yet to accomplish :(

But yeah, that was a masterful display of skill in that video. The name definitely looked like Knee's minus the (?) before the last * in other videos. Not sure who it could be?

And in Sayah's defense, he actually managed pulled off a 3x flapping butterfly combo on me online so I definitely have to give him credit there more so than scrutinizing on the Lili juggles :p But seriously dude... no more wifi matches please!

Sayah

And in Sayah's defense, he actually managed pulled off a 3x flapping butterfly combo on me online so I definitely have to give him credit there more so than scrutinizing on the Lili juggles :p But seriously dude... no more wifi matches please!

I guess we can wait till Tag 2 for more matches and hope it's not as horrible with lag.

How do you avatar quote?
2nd Edit: Too much of my avatar on this page.
db+4, df+2, 1, b+21, df+3,b!, 323 ain't that hard to do online. :p
Who's combo is that?
Edit: oh, Lili....durrrr, lol. I'm so clueless to everything. And as a quick note, I hardly ever use Lili. I don't think she's good with poking. Mostly all her low moves are too slow and often predictable.

EDIT: Hmmm..... Anyone know the name of this beastly Heihachi player? Looks like he made good use of the sidesteps here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-98eiQEdovI

That is some seriously amazing skill.

Anyway, aside from hoping the netcode for Tag 2 is BRILLIANT, I'm also hoping they do a better job with ranked matches. If I'm at a high rank, I don't want to have to face KYU's and DAN's half the time.

Yo, Knee can do Kazuya's d/f+2 CH into Electric launch... that's way harder IMO opinion to 3xEWGF d+1~5 TA filler OTGF. OTGF has the exact same timing as JFSR or Kaz's perfect 13f EWGF which Knee has done plenty of times... and if I can do Hei's 3xEWGF then I'm sure Knee can consistently ;) It's not even the max damage possibility, you can even do 2xEWGF,f+3,EWGF d+1.. that I have yet to accomplish :(

Huh, maybe he does have more working out for him then. Although 3xEWGF does seem easy If your doing it in practice mode, you do it in *real* battles? I always personally shape it in real battles because of execution worries, potential to drop etc.

3xEWGF, d+1 B! cd+4,4,n,1 == 79 dmg (iirc)

Shaped:
2xEWGF, bf+2,2 B! cd+4,4,n,1 == 76 dmg

... Its the range sometimes. But hmm I personally haven't seen Knee do it in a TTT2 vid but how often does the guy play Heihachi? :p

AAK

When you land an electric... you can't HELP but do it again. It's such a rush to execute. It definitely takes a bit of practice but the hitbox of the d+1 is pretty leniant to get that final hit. But by no means am I consistent.... I am way stronger at doing EWGF's from 2P side rather than 1P among other things like position.

AEREC

Was thinking about picking up Tekken 6 on Games on Demand (360)...how is the online? I remember at launch it was kind of rough.

MightyKAC

When you land an electric... you can't HELP but do it again. It's such a rush to execute. It definitely takes a bit of practice but the hitbox of the d+1 is pretty leniant to get that final hit. But by no means am I consistent.... I am way stronger at doing EWGF's from 2P side rather than 1P among other things like position.

I'm learning Jin right now and while it would be nice to be able to do electrics it's not nessecary. But it IS about the only thing keeping me from maining Devil Jin and rocking that combo in TTT2. :(

Sayah

Those sandwich combos. Dayum. Putting aside Brawl, I've never been so hyped for a game.

And I've decided my teams (I think):

Nina/Anna (hopefully mutual character hate doesn't impact netsu activation too severely)
Jinpachi/Jun
Alisa/Yoshimitsu

If Kunimitsu gets announced, then that changes everything, though. Yoshi + Kuni team......oh man.

Just right click the avatar you want and grab the image source ^_^

Thanks!

AAK

Assuming no new characters are announced... Armor King/Julia!

Really hyped to see the new stuff with Julia, and AKing just because he now has the STONE COLD STUNNER!

And the relationship thing for netsu doens't really matter all that much this time around sicne the game is very launcher heavy and you're bound to get tag assaulted one way or another... and that activates netsu automatically.

We'll see in UTTT2 if pokes become more viable.

And the relationship thing for netsu doens't really matter all that much this time around sicne the game is very launcher heavy and you're bound to get tag assaulted one way or another... and that activates netsu automatically.

Agreed, maybe only exception is if you're an Ogre player. :(

Well can't make a post here without some news. A bit frustrating to figure the damn blog out but it has a shit ton of new customization pictures and well lotsa Jun and Asuka. Pretty cool.

http://asukast.blog62.fc2.com/

AAK

Hmmm, those Jun/Asuka customs look really familiar, same player as the one here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MdTUilmcT4
?

And I suppose news from my end, the mystery Heihachi player was definitely Knee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvkWabKjnE

And from the SFxT |OT| it was interesting seeing all the "Team Tekken" avatars being taken... let's see if they carry forward their loyalty and jump onto the Tekken express >:D. Hopefully Tekken GAF will have a rejuvinated army! This shall be our recruitment image:

db2jfkXOqgPBvY.gif

Sayah

If only gifs had side options to turn on sound. That gif would be so amazing. It sounds even more amazing when Bryan is under Nina's heel. :p

Assuming no new characters are announced... Armor King/Julia!

Really hyped to see the new stuff with Julia, and AKing just because he now has the STONE COLD STUNNER!

We'll see in UTTT2 if pokes become more viable.

Awesome.

Sayah

I want to change my username now.

Tekken --> juggling --> juggernaut rank in T6 --> juggle + juggernaut = jugglenaut.

Sadly, somebody has already taken this username on PSN. Was about to create a second account for myself. :/

AAK

That's pretty exciting. Let's hope they it doesn't have that ridiculous network block for this time around so the Arcade owners won't have to sell their organs to purchase it.

And Sayah, I couldn't settle for my shoddy job with your avatar, I spent a bit more effort this time and this is what I got:

d5PGzelx6g3Pd.png

And without the logo

Anyone else wanna join this army? :D

Sayah

Looks even better. :)

Didn't even realize she was holding swords. All these Death by Degrees images make me want to pick up a PS2 just for that game. Namco should announce DbD2 and make it good this time. Take inspiration from Oni.
wallpaper_oni_05.jpg

This game had such a great mix of hand-to-hand combat and shooting.

And I suppose news from my end, the mystery Heihachi player was definitely Knee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvkWabKjnE

Thankfully I'm not a betting man. But still that link gives me the "This video has been removed by the user. Sorry about that." Treatment.

And great news with UTTT2 (We gotta collaborate on where that U goes in the initials >.>) coming abroad, I just hope a couple weeks later things die down a bit and we get our EWGFridays streams again. :)

Sayah

Everybody just wants to see this happen.
66f62054ff43ddb7eb9e0115d9fc31e1.jpg

Classy, rich, snobby, arrogant school girls. From the "*sigh* - Sebastian - Can't you do better than this?" to "the worst we'll ever be is the best."
I'm really looking forward to this.

Yeah Karin being in TxSF is awesome. Now just give me Rose, R.Mika and Jun and I'll be completely satisfied. I'll honestly be very happy with just Rose though, I want to customize her so bad.

It's really nice to see the capcom version of Tekken moves and stances honestly... though I didn't realize (but am extatic) that the wavefdash inputs aren't just dragon punch movements but good ol' mist step stuff.

Top Bottom