• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

Yo wait Ki charged moves cause chip damage?????

WHATTT!!! How did I never notice this?????

Never even noticed the chip damage. I thought the charge was supposed to be the bug. Wow. :/
Maybe if I had bought Tekken Hybrid rather than relying on my friend's copy to get all the action.......

Edit: Here are more things that could be done for the OT.....
-get a head start on avatar creation (just like the ones for SFXTK)
-music links can be updated with the more recent youtube videos that provide higher quality sound
-the soundtrack reviews could also be posted (like this one here).

Also just noticed GrayFox got banned. :/

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/03/20/tekken-tag-2-unlimited-solo-mode-single-player-runs/

LUYG has more gameplay vids of TTT2 Unlimited up. :)

is there any specific feature in the system that you guys think I should cover? I.E. I never talked about how to reverse the shoulder grapple or wall jump. Stuff like that.

The OP is starting to look more and more like a Strategy guide haha. I think the rest can be found by playing and what not but If you want some ideas.... How about resource links and stuff?

Where to find frame data, useful reading and video materials, IRC channels etcetc.

Sayah

Putting aside Tekken Zero, I'm wondering if there can ever be such a thing as Tekken Underground. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's possible to have an underground tournament and have the game serve as a non-mainline series game. I also want the story behind Jun explained. When I played Tekken Tag 1, it was always implied to me that Angel = Jun for some reason. But in Tag 2,
Unknown = Jun.
Can she be both?

And then there's also the question of where the devil gene started. People point to Kazumi so I'm wondering if a female devil would actually be an interesting addition. Just some thoughts.
I have no life

Putting aside Tekken Zero, I'm wondering if there can ever be such a thing as Tekken Underground. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's possible to have an underground tournament and have the game serve as a non-mainline series game.

Tekken Tag tournament? It's non canon but not sure on the underground thing here. :p

So do people still play T6 online? And how do I do that crazy backdashing for spacing? Help a Tekken noob out

Yeah there should be a number of online warriors still on seeing Tekken 6 is still the only thing they have to play (Multiplayer wise) until TTT2 rolls out.

Oh and one of the requirements for backdash cancelling is being Korean. But seriously, It's takes awhile in training mode until you get the rhythm down. (Advanced movement in Tekken is a bitch)

Anyways the notation for the backdash cancelling is:
back, back, down/back, back, down/back, back......... (Keep going as long as it's needed)

There is a bit of advice, try NOT to aim at being put in a small crouching position when you do the d/b parts in the input. You'll block lows, but mids will eat you up. Try to cancel the crouch into the back input as fast as you can.

Here's a vid showing how most players do it by hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWDZ7oTxRM

Do note, If your playing Lei you'll want to HAHA step away. And that characters like Paul, Nina and Bryan have a stance that might get in the way of doing the maneuver so you'll have to compromise with backdash, sidestep then to another backdash.

Sayah

Tekken Tag tournament? It's non canon but not sure on the underground thing here. :p

It was 5 A.M. and I was bored, lol.

I guess by underground, I mean a tournament not being setup through an organization (aka Misihima Zaibatsu). Now that I reflect back on it, it does sound kind of silly, though. But yeah, the story points are still interesting and in need of clarification.

So do people still play T6 online? And how do I do that crazy backdashing for spacing? Help a Tekken noob out

You'll still find many people playing online. Shouldn't have any problems finding matches.

AAK

But in Tag 2,
Unknown = Jun.
Can she be both?

I bet
that isn't the real Jun, just unknown impersonating her.
Just judging by the tone at which Harada answers some of the tweets. (too lazy to retreive them)

And then there's also the question of where the devil gene started. People point to Kazumi so I'm wondering if a female devil would actually be an interesting addition. Just some thoughts.
I have no life

It started with Kazuya, when the devil infused his power within him as he was about to die after Heihachi first threw him off the cliff.

Afer having some offline competition, I've been playing T6 online less and less, but there still is a bunch of lobbies open from time to time. Also whenever I do want to play Tekken, I go for TTT2 Prologue!

As for backdashing, Wonkey had some sound advice, you could definitely check out other tutorials online for it:

Avoidingthepuddle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-_trL1pZeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmwTz9FOwxQ

The Main Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGr_pkcLmzY

Byakokoko:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLhI7Co8CA

Sayah

I bet
that isn't the real Jun, just unknown impersonating her.
Just judging by the tone at which Harada answers some of the tweets. (too lazy to retreive them)

It started with Kazuya, when the devil infused his power within him as he was about to die after Heihachi first threw him off the cliff.

Interesting. So that would imply that
Jun really has been dead the whole time and the one in TTT2 is just an unknown impersonation?

And from the anime/motion picture, I understood the devil gene to have started from Kazuya but I could have sworn there was a discussion about the origins of the devil gene being ambiguous and unknown.

But thanks for this clarification. :)

AAK

I believe the official description of Kazuya's mother is that she died giving birth to Kazuya. So based on that, it's impossible for her to be in this picture:

Kazume_Mishima_%28TTMP%29.jpg

Therefore... the anime can't be cannon.

Well... aside from the fact that Jack/Lee/Anna all died disgusting gruesome deaths :p

And besides... no one knows really what happened between Jun and Kazuya!? All the official description gives was that Jun was sent to stop Kazuya for the animal cruelty, so she was obviously repulsed by what he represented... but she was "drawn" to his devil gene. So no one knows if that implies she was held against her will or whatever when he knocked her up.

That always made me scratch my head as a kid when I cared about pre-wackiness Tekken canon(aka pre-T5). Jun went in there like "Hey Mr. Mishima, stop all that animal cru-oh might that is quite the sexy purple suit you have there"

"Yeah, this isn't exactly a suit wink wink nudge nudge"

"Did you just say wink wink like, out loud?"

"Shut up. Wanna have unprotected sex around these beat up animals?"

"Definitely!"

Sayah

I believe the official description of Kazuya's mother is that she died giving birth to Kazuya. So based on that, it's impossible for her to be in this picture:

Kazume_Mishima_%28TTMP%29.jpg

Therefore... the anime can't be cannon.

Well... aside from the fact that Jack/Lee/Anna all died disgusting gruesome deaths :p

And besides... no one knows really what happened between Jun and Kazuya!? All the official description gives was that Jun was sent to stop Kazuya for the animal cruelty, so she was obviously repulsed by what he represented... but she was "drawn" to his devil gene. So no one knows if that implies she was held against her will or whatever when he knocked her up.

Wow.......I'm learning of all this now. The Tekken fanboy inside me is ashamed. :(

AAK

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/news/news_detail.html?param=aWQ9MTAwJnR5cGU9Tg==294383

So TTT2 Unlimited is coming out today!

And I believe for customizations they added the Item moves from this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGdwRKcZDlo

image.html

image.html

Something that's REALLY interesting me is that there looks like some lottery (judging by google translations) for a bunch of exclusive Tekken 2D art! Looks like 4 people can win:

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/news/news_detail.html?param=aWQ9MTAxJnR5cGU9Tg==404263

I'm FUMING!! I need that artwork aaaAAAaaA!

EDIT2:

Changelogs are up!

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/campaign/unlimited/change.html?param=aW5kZXg9NDM=600577

From what it looks like, Alisa/Ling/Ogre got buffed a lot

Killing Hawk got raped... Hwoarang overall now does more damage but lost a lot properties to his moves.

Tombstone Piledrivers now do more damage (They already were the max damage command grabs in the game considering you can tech giant swing)

Christie and Eddy are still palette swaps.

Other than that it looks like minor tweaks and such but we have no idea what impact they'll have.

Holy crap, they changed a lot more than I thought, good shit Namco crew.

Please no Devil Jin or Lei nerfs plspls. And Lars needs a nerf beatdown.

.... That ogre customisation is just incredible. :lol

EDIT: Are these the new icons you can get for your characters on the select screen? Like the one in that magazine scan from awhile back.
2dillust01ipy4r.jpg

Doomshine

And I believe for customizations they added the Item moves from this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGdwRKcZDlo
Hah, I never thought about it until now, but @1:54: LOG TRAP! ...and that Steve kick @2:44 is one of Dampierre's moves in SC5 (I didn't play BD so maybe it's in there too.)

I'm fine with Alisa getting her backdash back, it's what made her work in the first place.

AK WS+4 does MORE damage, fuck yeah, that move is already so beefy.

Debugger is a homing move now lol.

Lars is nerfed, yay!

Oh hey:

jun2.jpg

jun1.jpg

EDIT: all hopkicks are not nerfed, only some, too bad.

Sayah

OH YES. I'm forgetting everything once Tag 2 releases.

Click on the channel logo on the right, the one with the title.

http://www.ustream.tv/user/g-carnival

Party time.

Watching now.

Edit: That Kazuya player must be really annoyed. Paul players are a nuisance to face. Takes a while to learn to anticipate his moves and learn how to punish. At least for me it did. Paul's shoulder tackle is still punishable in this game right?

Edit 2: there's a lucky box that gives you fight money.

Edit 3: they also seemed to have changed Lili's hair physics.....unless those are customized hair.

Doomshine

Takes a while to learn to anticipate his moves and learn how to punish. At least for me it did. Paul's shoulder tackle is still punishable in this game right
As far as I know it's still -16.

Paul players online love to intentionally whiff random shit and throw out the shoulder to interrupt you when you come in and yeah, it's really annoying because it wouldn't work offline.

I sometimes have a hard time punishing it on block because of the animation and it feels like you just dodged a bullet so you kind of freeze up a little. I have the same problem with Asuka's f+2 for some reason and that's -20!

Sayah

As far as I know it's still -16.

Paul players online love to intentionally whiff random shit and throw out the shoulder to interrupt you when you come in and yeah, it's really annoying because it wouldn't work offline.

I sometimes have a hard time punishing it on block because of the animation and it feels like you just dodged a bullet so you kind of freeze up a little. I have the same problem with Asuka's f+2 for some reason and that's -20!

Yeah, I have less problem punishing the tackle offline but online makes everything...........meh.

I have a few more questions in case anyone playing the latest version can answer:

-Nina's ivory cutter became punishable on block as far as I know. Has the update hopefully changed that?

-Is Anna's d/b+3 still incapable of starting combos now?

zlatko

Banned
Anyone else lurking this thread that plays a bit casually and maybe wants to try to train up together? I could use a sparring player to try and get better while I can before TTT2 hits.

MightyKAC

Anyone else lurking this thread that plays a bit casually and maybe wants to try to train up together? I could use a sparring player to try and get better while I can before TTT2 hits.

I'm pretty trash at the game but I love playing it.

Down for whatever, whenever.

Sayah

Nobody wants to play with me. ;_;

Did my comment come off as arrogant or something? Please do realize Tekken is the only game where I have a little bit of decent amount of skills so do excuse me if I first bask and then soak myself in all my glory.

zlatko

Banned
Nobody wants to play with me. ;_;

Did my comment come off as arrogant or something? Please do realize Tekken is the only game where I have a little bit of decent amount of skills so do excuse me if I first bask and then soak myself in all my glory.

I'll play with you, but I'd prefer someone ass like myself so that it's a 50-50 split on wins even when we both try.

Having to sandbag so that I can keep up generally makes me feel more shitty than just bodying me free and having gave it your all, because at least I know you are playing to win. I respect that kind of play always, but yeah I'd rather not start of my first times trying to really build up and learn the game with a megaton of salt due to losses.

Sayah

I'll play with you, but I'd prefer someone ass like myself so that it's a 50-50 split on wins even when we both try.

Having to sandbag so that I can keep up generally makes me feel more shitty than just bodying me free and having gave it your all, because at least I know you are playing to win. I respect that kind of play always, but yeah I'd rather not start of my first times trying to really build up and learn the game with a megaton of salt due to losses.

Oh nah, I completely understand. I was just joking. :p
Although, there really is no one left for me to play with. My only local competition is away and online isn't optimal for me and AAK.

CSX

Just me or is overall health been lowered?

Helps with the timeouts and all but juggle damage is gonna be more ridiculous :\

AAK

Knee jerk reaction is that it's broken. But I dunno, it could be that magical yet rare Tekken 3 broken where everyone is super sayan... if not, well at least the faster paced matches will result in more hype matches from a spectator point of view ... maybe?

Ladies and Gentleman.... what you've all been waiting for:

Solo Paul play

Gotta say, the gameplay is HELLA tense now.

Doomshine

I'd rather they didn't chase this mythical "hype" in hope of pleasing an audience that won't give a shit anyway.

Solo characters should not get netsu/rage when they already receive so many other benefits, at least not at half life.

AAK

I'm sure Namco had 1000's of hours of data to come to this conclusion. I'm firmly going to stay in this wait and see mentality. This could either be a major blow or a streak of brilliance.

AAK

I wouldn't call time outs a problem per say... but they were definitely way more prevalent in TTT2 than any other game before.

I've probably seen 75% of all the vids on this guy's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KimChanYang/videos

It basically shows high level Korean play and each individual match of 3 rounds would last on average from 4-6 minutes. I'm personally 100% ok with long marathon matches... but they aren't very tournament friendly per se nor as much fun to play in very long sets (I guess).

Sayah

I wouldn't call time outs a problem per say... but they were definitely way more prevalent in TTT2 than any other game before.

I've probably seen 75% of all the vids on this guy's channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KimChanYang/videos

It basically shows high level Korean play and each individual match of 3 rounds would last on average from 4-6 minutes. I'm personally 100% ok with long marathon matches... but they aren't very tournament friendly per se nor as much fun to play in very long sets (I guess).

I haven't been watching as many matches. From what I've watched, though, I didn't think matches were dragging on for too long except for the few cases where both players are just sidestepping incessantly.

MvC3, SFIV, and now SFXTK matches also definitely last a lot longer. In comparison, games like SCV and T6 have much quicker rounds. And isn't the default number of rounds reduced to two for Tag 2 anyway?

But I agree nonetheless, quicker rounds means more exciting matches. Alongside with that, I think character diversity is also very important to keep things changing and flowing.

I also hope Tag 2 will have 2v2/pair play competition at its eventual EVO induction. Would be a lot more fun to watch.

AAK

Pair play is definitely in but I really doubt it'll be considered at all as the main tournament standard. It works so well with SF x T since the backwards character has full control over when to tag in and such so he/she is always playing an active role the game. Tekken tag on the other hand really can't implement it in the same regard since there is and always will be one person in control of a team at once.

Unless they manage to pull off some kind of scramble mode that isn't messed up....

Sayah

True.

Not sure how it would work but I also really would love a scramble mode for Tekken. They could go the extra mile and incorporate actual items in the match that you can turn on or off (Smash Bros. style). Doubt it'll happen but it would be nice to see in a traditional 2D/3D fighter. It would be the definition of on-screen madness.

Top Bottom