• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Binabik15

I practiced with King in DR earlier this week on PSP. So awesome. It's not on PSN, so to play on my shiny new Vita I had to get Tekken 6.

They took out Sidewinder (b+RP) and Straight Arrow (b+RP+hold)? And changed Jumping Knee? Nooo! Knocking people back with it was so much fun.

I got this Juggle vid from youtube, but for the life of me I can't do Running Jaguar Bomb. Is there a trick to it?

Any more tips and tricks for King? Any helpful websites? I know nothing. I don't want to play on anything more than a casual level with my brother and cousins, but knowing how to chain a few attacks together is better than spamming attacks. I can do one of the ten string combos already, but I fear the most of the multi throws requiring several quick double button presses will forever be beyond me, at least on those tiny buttons.

AAK

King definitely isn't the most portable device friendly character out there. The multi-throws heavily depend on move buffering which especially on the vita, just seem way too inconvenient on the Vita's buttons. The running jaguar bomb is done with f,n,f,n,f+2+4 (see the OP for the control legend) you basically have to press forward 3 times with a neutral input in between at a pretty fast rate. It definitely takes a lot of practice despite looking like a simple command. If I don't play Tekken 6 for about 2 weeks I myself lose consistency in doing it with Armor King! :( It definitely does put some strain on you dpad.

As for general strategies for King:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=112223

Welcome and hope you enjoy the game :)

They took out Sidewinder (b+RP) and Straight Arrow (b+RP+hold)?

B+RP, haven't seen that in awhile. By the way, most (ENG) people refers to the limbs in numbers

LP =1
RP= 2
LK = 3
RK = 4

Just in case you ever find information and get confused. I know I was, Tekken Zaibatsu can be a headache sometimes.

Anyways not a major king player but there are some moves I just know I hate.

Giant Swing - Dat damage.
d/b+3 - the far reaching low sweep that sometimes juggles.
2, 1 - It's great at poking and you can 'buffer' the inputs of multiple throws while the move is going.
d+1 - 'Stop what you're doing for a sec' kinda move, can also buffer the input for throws like the giant swing during this move.
b+1, 2 - Fish for that CH also decent punish
ws+4 - this gets annoying to deal with If the King player starts learning how to 'crouch dash' and mix it up, either a silly low or that mid safe kick.

Newseeeeeeeeeeee

Might make a public 'heads up' thread for this when it kicks off, the roster voting for TxSF is starting soonish I guess.

https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN/status/175622722280374274

Sayah

Harada Loves archaic character usage data.

Katsuhiro Harada ‏ @Harada_TEKKEN
The right of Karin is complicated.All that matters more is that she was quite a low rank in the past popularity vote&usage data RT@HyperMart

Also nice to know future of possibilities of delays are slim.
Michael Murray ‏ @mykeryu
I doubt it. Everyone is working late so that doesn't happen RT @Nhiajisan any chance the release date will b push back bcuz of new vers.

And I like this.
Michael Murray ‏ @mykeryu
Nice naming lol RT @MrPointyHead Also, in the daytime I haven't drunk several SF X Tekken-themed cocktails. I recommend the Nina Colada.

Huh so Karin's placement will be sealed If the poll favors her. Still need a date for the thing though.

Oh and goody ranking time.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4493882#post4493882

http://www.am-j.co.jp/

Top 5 Conventional cabinet games:

1. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS.
Bandai Namco Games

2. Dragon Ball ZENKAI Battle Royale
Bandai Namco Games

3. Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Bandai Namco Games

4. WORLD SOCCER Winning Eleven ARCADE CHAMPIONSHIP 2012
Konami

5. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Capcom

The large/dedicated games list not only has a new entry in it but a new most popular game on the top of the list!

1. Lord of Vermilion Re:2
Square Enix

2. Mobile Suit Gundam:Bonds of the Battlefield (Rev.3)
Bandai Namco Games

3. Border Break Air Burst
Sega

4. WORLD CLUB Champion Football Intercontinental Clubs 2010-2011
Sega

5. Steel Chronicle
Konami

It's still got it.

garyoak99 over at TZ does a surprisingly good job maintaining the records of these. If you type "Amusement Journal" into the search bar at TZ you'll find all the ranking threads in each month/thread.

Virtua Fighter continually places high (in the top 10 ranges usually) but there are several occasion where the likes of Blazblue, Street Fighter & sometimes KoFXIII beats it out. IIRC Virtua Fighter 5 hasn't been in the Top 5 since June 2011 though. DragonBall game has been in the top 5 in the past few months and have been able to keep itself in there and people like their soccer games I guess.

AAK

Everyone here plays on PSN I believe... What region are you in?

And Do you use Wired or Wifi?

Currently playing some SFxT... but I don't mind some T6 action as long as the lag is will only be a minor hindrance rather than unplayable status. :)

Wow Namco America, I barely even heard that you were planing to make an English version of the AOU 2012 trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4PLoFLEysgA

--

EDIT: Dear lord, did they have to put the music along with this? ;_;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B7xo0wJXJuw#!

Man, watching that trailer in full resolution, TTT2 Arcade just looks so beautiful.

And thanks for reminding me, need to check out the soundtrack to Tekken3DS!

AAK

Doomshine and GrayFoxPL should give you some good company :) No way we'd be able to get some salvageable matches from across the Atlantic (Canada here).

Sayah

Speaking of online, I have fios but my PS3 is so damn far away from the router which isn't optimal for fighters.

In any case, I'm gonna have a wired connection setup soon. :D

Doomshine

Doomshine and GrayFoxPL should give you some good company :) No way we'd be able to get some salvageable matches from across the Atlantic (Canada here).

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time right now because of studies and I can only play online at my brother's house. I have a usb modem in my apartment and while it's actually faster than his connection it's completely unusable for online play.

...also I started playing SC5 D; I hope to try that online when I have some time.

I got this Juggle vid from youtube, but for the life of me I can't do Running Jaguar Bomb. Is there a trick to it?

Any more tips and tricks for King?

To iSW, you want to cancel your your step forward with a dash.

Take a look at King. When you tap forward, he goes through a motion of stepping forward. You want to wait until you see him move, then cancel that with a dash. The notation I use is f, f~F+2+4.

It takes a lot of practice to get the timing. If you think his multi throws are tough, you may want to wait until you're more familiar with the system to do instant running attacks.

Basic stuff:

You want to hit your opponent out of crouch with mid moves, in order to throw them.

Important mids:

d/f+1 has always been a great move for him.
WS+4
u/f+4 will set up combos. You're in trouble if blocked though.
d/f+2 or f+4 will catch sidesteppers.
D,d/f+2 will also set up combos.
d/f+3 has gotten worse over the years, but is still good at longer range.

Do those moves until they stand up then give them the Giant Swing. Tombstone piledriver is good for effect too. Or multi throws.

Mix up crouch dash into WS+4 with crouch dash into multithrows.

All notation will be on www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

MightyKAC

Thanks, that iSW advise helped me out a lot with my Armor King. I've messed around with him quite a bit but was never comfortable enough to really play with him in serious matches. Maybe I'll try to play him a bit more in TTT2.

I want to get into more of a competitive spirit without becoming a frame counting tourney pro. I just want to have scrub matches. Anyone else in the same boat?

AAK

It's always a joy fighting Moonsault... but this weekend's really packed. If I do get time and I see you online, I'll definitely hit you up :)

MightyKAC

I want to get into more of a competitive spirit without becoming a frame counting tourney pro. I just want to have scrub matches. Anyone else in the same boat?
Ditto, I already know that I'll never be good enough to go pro at this. Honestly, if I can manage to keep from embarrassing myself against folks online and the guys I play with at the arcade I'll be happy.

It's always a joy fighting Moonsault... but this weekend's really packed. If I do get time and I see you online, I'll definitely hit you up :)
I didn't mean this weekend but yeah, I want to get back into Tekken and such. But not at a super competitive level. Like I said, I just want to scrub around.

MightyKac, are you on PS3? I'll add you and a group of us can party up and play when we get the time. I don't care if I lose every match. I just want to fight! Haha.

I should also pop in T6 and unrust a little so I don't embarass myself too much...

MightyKAC

I didn't mean this weekend but yeah, I want to get back into Tekken and such. But not at a super competitive level. Like I said, I just want to scrub around.

MightyKac, are you on PS3? I'll add you and a group of us can party up and play when we get the time. I don't care if I lose every match. I just want to fight! Haha.

I should also pop in T6 and unrust a little so I don't embarass myself too much...

While I do rock the T6 PS3 style I gotta warn you that I'm playing the game from Japan. But if you don't mind a most likely horrible connection go ahead and add me and we can try our luck with a few matches.

I have to switch my iSW combos when I go from offline to online.

I usually hit hopkick/knee -> d/f+2,1 -> 1 -> b+2,1+2 -> iSW but that is too difficult to do online.

For online, switch to hopkick, f+2,2,2 for the bound and it leaves the opponent closer so you can make the iSW connect more often.

If anyone wants to add me, PSN: biscuit5001. I don't usually get on T6 much anymore, and when I do I try to work on playing joystick instead of pad, so probably going to mess up some stuff.

I was watching some SFxT, and now I'm looking forward to getting to play the ogres in TTT2. I'm assuming they'd be in the game. I can't believe it's been so long since they've been gone.

Huh seems like TTT2 Unlimited was over at an expo at Las Vegas. LUYG got to play it and say they'll upload vids soon, biggest change of course is how the green life bars are now blue lifebars. :p

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/03/14/tekken-tag-tournament-2-unlimited-hands-on-preview/

More interesting about this matchup is that when playing solo vs a tag team, you get rage mode twice! First at half life, second at about 10% remaining. Seems pretty powerful. Negatives for this seem to be wall carry and barrier break combos.

Fuck.

Sayah

Huh seems like TTT2 Unlimited was over at an expo at Las Vegas. LUYG got to play it and say they'll upload vids soon, biggest change of course is how the green life bars are now blue lifebars. :p

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/03/14/tekken-tag-tournament-2-unlimited-hands-on-preview/

Fuck.

This is more important:
Also, after console release, the plan is to update the game side-by-side with both the console and arcade versions. Apparently the console version may be released as early as September. My guess is that this depends on if the USA gets an arcade release.

September? Yes, please. I don't want to have to wait till the holidays. I wonder what the special edition will include.

AAK

.... Damn. If that is just f,f+3, Imagine doing Kazuya's CH d/f+2, EWGF, EWGF... juggle during a solo netsu'd state.

I personally think this is kinda broken... but we'll see how it is once it hits arcade this April.

Yeah 1vs2 seems kinda lopsided at this point, hopefully they tweak it out enough before release. I really hope most tourneys go with 2vs2. I mean this is tekken TAG 2 the game a ton of us have been wanting for 10 years. I wish 1vs1 was just an extra mode for the consoles like TTT on ps2.

Sayah

Ryu, Jin, Chun Li, Kazuya, Ken, and Nina most probably.

Probably. Nina is not that high on the polls but I know I don't have to worry.

Yeah 1vs2 seems kinda lopsided at this point, hopefully they tweak it out enough before release. I really hope most tourneys go with 2vs2. I mean this is tekken TAG 2 the game a ton of us have been wanting for 10 years. I wish 1vs1 was just an extra mode for the consoles like TTT on ps2.

1v1 and 1v2 is still a nice option to have, I guess. Although, I would have rather have them spend more time on making a return of old characters instead of new modes. It could be a big Tekken family reunion.

Ryu, Jin, E. Ryu and Devil Jin were on a banner at TxSF reveal no? Chun Li and I hope Jun would be considered next.

Anyways gameplay videos of TTTU is up. Solo mode is like playing a boss character or something. Lawday.

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/03/17/tekken-tag-tournament-2-unlimited-first-gameplay-videos/

I like the new health bar.

AAK

After repeatedly sucking at all these 2D games, I went back to Tekken Hybrid. Man Tag Assaulting is so awesome. Truly truly can't WAIT for TTT2U.

I've gotten so restless that I just want to do something about it to satisfy these urges! Gimme IDEAS FELLOW GAFERS.. what changes/adjustments/additions should I make to this OP for the eventual console version of TTT2? I might as well think of it now for the heck of it.

CSX

After repeatedly sucking at all these 2D games, I went back to Tekken Hybrid. Man Tag Assaulting is so awesome. Truly truly can't WAIT for TTT2U.

I've gotten so restless that I just want to do something about it to satisfy these urges! Gimme IDEAS FELLOW GAFERS.. what changes/adjustments/additions should I make to this OP for the eventual console version of TTT2? I might as well think of it now for the heck of it.

Change Tag Crash to 2+5 on OP

You dont need to do the 1

Sayah

2D games are fun in their own right but they are still missing that extra dimension. After extensively playing Marvel and now recently trying SFXT, I don't think these games have hardly as much depth as T6.
read: my biased opinion :p

As far as the thread, you can incorporate the new information that came with the Unlimited version. Otherwise, more details will probably have to wait till E3 or some other event I guess. I just really am hoping that September date is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyuE5DH6IDc

Hey yooo damn.

Ugh that feeling. Every other game is just a mere distraction until TTT2 is out. :(

Well If want to kill time I guess you can get to work on the Unlimited version information. Add how Solo Play is going to be worked into the battle system and not a separate mode, pros/cons yadda yadda.

AAK

Yo wait Ki charged moves cause chip damage?????

WHATTT!!! How did I never notice this?????

Well If want to kill time I guess you can get to work on the Unlimited version information. Add how Solo Play is going to be worked into the battle system and not a separate mode, pros/cons yadda yadda.

That's a given... but overall presentation and nitty gritty content wise, is there any specific feature in the system that you guys think I should cover? I.E. I never talked about how to reverse the shoulder grapple or wall jump. Stuff like that.

Top Bottom