• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Just quoting my post from zaibatsu:
"Thanks as always kane. Lee's hardcore pants should not have come back. It seems we really are stuck with upper boddy and lower body parts being lumped together with arms and legs. I hope they fix this for the console version. I'm gonna be crushed if I can't customize my girl's feet =(

And 2P outfits are coming back in some form as Hwoarang's TKD gi and Kazuya's suit are now items. Fuck yeah for bald head Bryan, now I might actually start playing him again."

Even if we can't customize arms and legs I can at least still have Asuka in this. Its close to what I was hoping she would have in the game. All black is gonna look so good.
asuka1.jpg

Jun in this and I have my team customized and ready to go. Please PLEASE let this really come out in September.
jun1.jpg

played it so much this past weekend <3

No fair. :p

Was it unlimited? Dieing to know some changes here.

Well anyways does anyone still have a certain image from a famitsu page saved? It used to be on this web site showing that you can replace the character art on the game's select screen with artists made 2D illustrations.

http://www.versuscity.net/2011/07/14/tekken-tag-2-in-this-weeks-famitsu/

Link doesn't work anymore. :(

I'm certain it was there because of this.

http://www.thelonegamer.net/arcade/tekken-tag-2-customization-bits-in-famitsu/

I guess I'll try pming itsumobasho since he owns the site but If anyone already has the image PM to me please.

Oh and hey AAK, while looking for all that I found this. [expand the little "Tekken Guide für NOOBS" thing]

http://forum.onpsx.net/showthread.php?t=24358

Your .gifs are quite helpful it seems.
kQecv.gif

AAK

Interesting....

Although I'm really unhappy with the backdash one, looks really hard to follow. I really want to do a better version of it. I'll definitely have on in time for the console OT :)

Also... I REALLY want to see all the artworks! but it looks like we won't see them for a very long time :(

Sayah

No fair. :p

Was it unlimited? Dieing to know some changes here.

Well anyways does anyone still have a certain image from a famitsu page saved? It used to be on this web site showing that you can replace the character art on the game's select screen with artists made 2D illustrations.

http://www.versuscity.net/2011/07/14/tekken-tag-2-in-this-weeks-famitsu/

Link doesn't work anymore. :(

I'm certain it was there because of this.

http://www.thelonegamer.net/arcade/tekken-tag-2-customization-bits-in-famitsu/

I guess I'll try pming itsumobasho since he owns the site but If anyone already has the image PM to me please.

Interesting details. The only thing I have is the Blood Vengeance art for Lee.

GrayFoxPL

Welcome back. :)

Thanks! :)

Oh, btw. You guys were discussing old Tekken storyline earlier. Well I saw ancient Tekken 2 manga on the net. It's very old and was never translated. It's kinda melodramatic in style, not very actiony, lot's of Jun crying, naked Kazuya's and tons of (probably) "No Kazuya, don't do it! Please be good!" "Shut the fuck up bitch!" dialogs.

Anyway in that manga Kazuya turns into Devil and kills first Kuma that accompanies Heihachi all the time, Jun sees it and gets really upset. So maybe this is that official part about "animal cruelty".

Sayah

Thanks! :)

Oh, btw. You guys were discussing old Tekken storyline earlier. Well I saw ancient Tekken 2 manga on the net. It's very old and was never translated. It's kinda melodramatic in style, not very actiony, lot's of Jun crying, naked Kazuya's and tons of (probably) "No Kazuya, don't do it! Please be good!" "Shut the fuck up bitch!" dialogs.

Anyway in that manga Kazuya turns into Devil and kills first Kuma that accompanies Heihachi all the time, Jun sees it and gets really upset. So maybe this is that official part about "animal cruelty".

Interesting. Google search returned this. Somebody should translate it.

GrayFoxPL

Lili was before Gaga? Interesting.

Btw I'm waiting for Tekken's incarnation of Donnie Yen. Do it Harada san.

Edit: Nice ideas guys, I'll use them next time I get banned for laughing at a joke.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, T5:DR was already released way before anybody even knew who Gaga was.

So after Gaga shamelessly ripped Lili off, she said to herself:"I can't fight so I'll dress as meat!"

I have found a new respect for Lili, maybe I'll even pick her for the first time ever.

Alisa has no excuses though. ;)

devastatorprime <3 Thanks for that!

Haha yeah they do look similar to the 2D Illustration, so they should be purchasable in the ingame stores and eventually console release. Neato.

Any links/pictures plz?

They're in the New Media and Info thread I made in TZ but here's all the ones found and uploaded so far.

Now that I look at it, it *kinda* looks similar to some art done by this 'Persona' artist.

EDIT: Woah, even with quote tags, they're page stretchers.... Well click 'em.

It does not matter where this comes from. Only that it is immediately destroyed.

This is exactly it.

Oh god why do you people post this stuff. I mean really I'm laughing a bit too much at this.

"WILL JUN GET HER FACE PUNCHED IN?
CLICK TO FIND OUT!"

Sayah

WOAH @ that art. Thanks FW. I know what my new wallpaper will be.

So after Gaga shamelessly ripped Lili off, she said to herself:"I can't fight so I'll dress as meat!"

I have found a new respect for Lili, maybe I'll even pick her for the first time ever.

Alisa has no excuses though. ;)

Lili isn't that bad. I use her sometimes.
Alisa is still love/hate for me.

It does not matter where this comes from. Only that it is immediately destroyed.
^^^^
Definitely a closet Lili lover. :p

devastatorprime <3 Thanks for that!

No prob =) In that pic from famitsu it looks like Persona also did Armor King and Lili's art. Orge's art looks like it might be done by the same artist who did Leo's and Lars too. I think the artist for those is possibly Junny. So so far we have Shunya Yamashita, Persona, and Junny(maybe) on board. Can't wait to see who else contributed *crosses fingers for Kozaki Yusuke*

^^^^
Definitely a closet Lili lover. :p

What the hell ever. ~_~

No prob =) In that pic from famitsu it looks like Persona also did Armor King and Lili's art. Orge's art looks like it might be done by the same artist who did Leo's and Lars too. I think the artist for those is possibly Junny. So so far we have Shunya Yamashita, Persona, and Junny(maybe) on board. Can't wait to see who else contributed *crosses fingers for Kozaki Yusuke*

Woah now I just said it was similar.

Doing some googling and Tekkenbbs browsing, 3 names popped up in illustration talks.

Shunya Yamashita - Artist who is doing work on the Kotobukiya statue models.
Tomio Fujisawa - Tekkenbbs folks said he did a Asuka and Dragunov illustration. Found this piece of work by him making me think it's not Persona. I guess the artwork with the checkered backgrounds are his.
Junny - It's probably him just because. :p

These 3 are credited in Tekken Hybrid's credits as "Character Art Designers" so If there's 3 artworks each for every character I think they just told each artist to make ones. Why commission outside people to do art when you already hired a few people?

But... I wouldn't mind it if they got outside artists like Kozaki Yusuke to design some console exclusive costumes for a few characters or so. Pretty cool trend that Namco surprisingly doesn't charge extra for. :D
--

Well besides all that, harassing people on Twitter does work!

https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185530474863656961
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185534106925404161
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185534955747676161
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185535158047358976

Success!
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185737122114838528

What the hell ever. ~_~

Woah now I just said it was similar.

Doing some googling and Tekkenbbs browsing, 3 names popped up in illustration talks.

Shunya Yamashita - Artist who is doing work on the Kotobukiya statue models.
Tomio Fujisawa - Tekkenbbs folks said he did a Asuka and Dragunov illustration. Found this piece of work by him making me think it's not Persona. I guess the artwork with the checkered backgrounds are his.
Junny - It's probably him just because. :p

These 3 are credited in Tekken Hybrid's credits as "Character Art Designers" so If there's 3 artworks each for every character I think they just told each artist to make ones. Why commission outside people to do art when you already hired a few people?

But... I wouldn't mind it if they got outside artists like Kozaki Yusuke to design some console exclusive costumes for a few characters or so. Pretty cool trend that Namco surprisingly doesn't charge extra for. :D
--

Well besides all that, harassing people on Twitter does work!

https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185530474863656961
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185534106925404161
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185534955747676161
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185535158047358976

Success!
https://twitter.com/#!/mykeryu/status/185737122114838528

Oh your right, sorry. I got a bit carried away. Since Persona did alot of those T5DR cards and the Nina and Eddy art reminded me so much of them I just lumped them all together assuming it was him. This Asuka one looks alot like the Nina and Eddy pics too so I' guess this is probably by Tomio Fujisawa.
http://i.imgur.com/8w0kO.jpg

Just popping in here to say that while I find SFxT fun but rather janky, it's actually been effective at least for me as a cross marketing tool. I've really only played 2D fighters before (might have messed around with Tekken 2 on PSX but nothing more than playing arcade mode a time or two) but enjoying the Tekken characters in SFxT and some of the small little bits of Tekken style that made it into that game have me hooked. I'll be picking this guy up when ever it comes out, though I might wait for a 2012 holiday sale. OP is great but mad intimidating though, jumping into a keystone series with 40+ characters and years of history is a lot to learn. I'd put the over under for matches until my first win at like 30 or 40.

zlatko

Banned
Just popping in here to say that while I find SFxT fun but rather janky, it's actually been effective at least for me as a cross marketing tool. I've really only played 2D fighters before (might have messed around with Tekken 2 on PSX but nothing more than playing arcade mode a time or two) but enjoying the Tekken characters in SFxT and some of the small little bits of Tekken style that made it into that game have me hooked. I'll be picking this guy up when ever it comes out, though I might wait for a 2012 holiday sale. OP is great but mad intimidating though, jumping into a keystone series with 40+ characters and years of history is a lot to learn. I'd put the over under for matches until my first win at like 30 or 40.

I'm somewhat similar in this regard. While I had played T6 a long while back, I wasn't that into it during the time I rented it. I bought it later on though when I saw TTT2, which just looked so damn good that I had to have it. Now after playing SFxT it's made me want to invest more time into T6 to prepare for TTT2, and mess around with more characters like King who previously I was meh about having just played T6, but after SFxT I think he's awesome.

The lack of 360 T6 GAF though is saddening. :(

Sayah

Don't be too intimidated by it. It will certainly take a lot of time to get used to the mechanics but once you do, it's so very rewarding. Compared to some other games, you don't learn your character in an hour. Learning a character's juggles can be easy but it can take months to learn how to play solidly and use a character's tricks and mind game potential to the fullest. Local play or ranked matches are a good way to gain experience. Put all your focus on one character. Try out the different fighting styles and see which one suits you better. I also don't think character tiers matter that much in Tekken so you shouldn't worry too much about that either.

Just some tips from my experience, at least. :)
Local competition is the best way to play the game, though.

I don't even get replies. :/

I'm somewhat similar in this regard. While I had played T6 a long while back, I wasn't that into it during the time I rented it. I bought it later on though when I saw TTT2, which just looked so damn good that I had to have it. Now after playing SFxT it's made me want to invest more time into T6 to prepare for TTT2, and mess around with more characters like King who previously I was meh about having just played T6, but after SFxT I think he's awesome.

The lack of 360 T6 GAF though is saddening. :(

On the surface, T6 seems like just an ordinary game. But once you invest time in it, you will find the strategies, the mixups, the mind games, the diversity, the mechanics.......everything will become mindblowing at some point. The 79 on metacritic is still very disheartening to me.

I think throw / grapple breaking is what struck me as really daunting. I'm a bad Street Fighter player, so I generally don't even worry about character specific combos in that game. And now I'm hearing that I need to figure out character / throw specific button combinations to escape from throws? I'm sure it won't be bad when I actually get down to it, but all laid out there in the OP it looks pretty complex to a newcomer. Still looking forward to it, might even look into picking up T6 this summer if I see it around for cheap (it must be mad cheap right now, right?).

Doomshine

I think throw / grapple breaking is what struck me as really daunting. I'm a bad Street Fighter player, so I generally don't even worry about character specific combos in that game. And now I'm hearing that I need to figure out character / throw specific button combinations to escape from throws?

There are only 3 throw breaks you need to worry about, with a few exceptions. 1 (left punch), 2 (right punch) or 1+2. The hard part is recognizing which one you need to do. You can tell which throw is being used by looking at the arms extending: left, right or both. High level players learn to react to the arms.

For multithrows each part has a different break, usually just 1 or 2. Armor King and King's giant swing throws also look a little like a 1+2 throw, but they are a 1 break.

I'm sure it won't be bad when I actually get down to it, but all laid out there in the OP it looks pretty complex to a newcomer.

The hardest part is probably going to be movement, so I'd start with that.

Still looking forward to it, might even look into picking up T6 this summer if I see it around for cheap (it must be mad cheap right now, right?).
Hella cheap.

Pachimari

I'm watching Tekken: Blood Vengeance now and I actually like it as cheesy as the movie is. I love my Tekken in any form. Am I the only one who would like to see Shin Kamiya as a playable character? Anyone asked about it on Twitter?

This Asuka one looks alot like the Nina and Eddy pics too so I' guess this is probably by Tomio Fujisawa.
http://i.imgur.com/8w0kO.jpg

Saved for.... Research purposes.....

6LK+RK? What is this nonsense? Come on Murray, it's f3+4!

I make it a habit to just shut my brain off when I see numpad notation. Curse you anime games and you Soul Caliburs.

Am I the only one who would like to see Shin Kamiya as a playable character? Anyone asked about it on Twitter?

Keep watching...... :p

And now I'm hearing that I need to figure out character / throw specific button combinations to escape from throws? I'm sure it won't be bad when I actually get down to it, but all laid out there in the OP it looks pretty complex to a newcomer.

Oh that's to be expected, since AAK loves to go into detail about everything the game has. Trust me it gets easy once you simply figure out that you tell which throw to break by looking at the arm that's coming out to get you. Tekken has that effect of daunting new players, but when you actually start breaking it down, things feels intuitive. We even have a nifty little throwbreak trainer to help out. :)

GrayFoxPL

I'm watching Tekken: Blood Vengeance now and I actually like it as cheesy as the movie is. I love my Tekken in any form. Am I the only one who would like to see Shin Kamiya as a playable character? Anyone asked about it on Twitter?

Guy who dies after a slight touch? Uhh...no.

What a useless guy throughout the movie. The script is just pointless. I lost all hope for a good Tekken movie.

AAK

I think throw / grapple breaking is what struck me as really daunting. I'm a bad Street Fighter player, so I generally don't even worry about character specific combos in that game. And now I'm hearing that I need to figure out character / throw specific button combinations to escape from throws? I'm sure it won't be bad when I actually get down to it, but all laid out there in the OP it looks pretty complex to a newcomer. Still looking forward to it, might even look into picking up T6 this summer if I see it around for cheap (it must be mad cheap right now, right?).

Throws are just a reactionary thing. You get used to it after a while. It's only brutally difficult against characters like Ling and Roger Jr where their arms are so damn short that you have such a hard time guessing which limb it was. Although it is still a little challenging. And if you play online, it's pretty much impossible to break throws on reaction.

The difficulty in Tekken truly comes out with the fact that it has so many options... and the main defense around all those options is superior movement. And movement in this game is as analogue as it gets where your ability and discipline in being able to cancel out of a backdash and repeat is what wins you matches. The best player is usually the one that can position himself or herself to beat out of whatever his/her opponent is trying to do.

Again on the topic of options, the other thing that is equally difficult with the movement is the wake-up and okizeme game. As in the OP, there's a plethora of ways to get up in this game and each have their own advantages and fatal risks (especially by a wall). Knowing what to do where is something that takes a little getting used to as well.

And lastly, just general character knowledge is what gets you to win in high level play. With 100's of moves per character in a 40 man roster it is definitely something that makes the game a little beginner unfriendly. But simply having superior movement and being smart with waking up is still enough to win a matchup you have no knowledge about.

All that aside, that doesn't mean Tekken can't be enjoyed at until you reached the level where you're comfortable with the above. The thing I love about Tekken again is the fact that every character has the tools to play in any possible way they desire. Compared to something like street fighter where you haven no choice but to play Dhalsim as a keepaway/zoning character or play rushdown while playing Yun. There's freedom to express yourself in any way in this series and I implore everyone to give it a shot.

Meh, instead of having Shin Kamiya... I'd rather have the inverse of that and hope the Tekken team add the move which eats him for free!

dbmkE9woG7lu4J.jpg

king's side grab doesn't count!

GrayFoxPL

Guys, lets say a Tekken RPG was going to be made.
Who would you like to make it and to which their game it would be similar to?

Me, I'd love the Yakuza(Ryu ga gotoku) team made it and I think the gameplay and desing of yakuza would be perfect. You could have 4 main characters like Y4 and Dead Souls.

AAK

Oh man please don't give namco any ideas... they'd probably run with that rgg idea but instead of 4 mishima's it'll be ling, Alisa, lili, & asuka romance school girl adventure trying to get Jin laid.

After blood vengeance Ive lost hope for them to do anything badass with the license.
:(

But at the very least we got the awesome mishima battle at the end.

Top Bottom