• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrence Howard is an insane person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taste your shit
h2ZurDq.png

He did came up with the Terryology in a cave.... with a box of scraps

IzvCsxl.png

I love that scene in the first movie for a couple of reasons:

1. When the scientist says he can't do it, my immediate reaction was "What the heck? Tony Stark did it in a cave!"
2. It makes Tony Stark even more of a badass
3. The scientist's delivery when he says, "I'm not Tony Stark" makes me laugh and feel sorry for him at the same time. :)

Did Howard also use Terryology when negotiating his Marvel salary?

"You see Terrence, you signed on for no fewer than 3 movies, but as you know the square root of 3 is 1, so you've already finished your contracted 1 movie. Now, good day to you, and could you tell the Mr... um... Cheadle on the sofa to come in while you're on your way out."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I have this funny idea that he's on this whole 1x1=2 thing because he hasn't realized that addition is already an operation that exists, and he's going to spend the rest of his life reproving the foundational basics of mathematics just to reinvent addition.
What if it's like dyslexia but at a 45 degree angle? So all the x look like + to him

I was just reading an IG post the other day that called him crazy/difficult to work with. It's 3 years old.
u_LdJ6GbSsYeAcOo0DN8.jpg

Why does a man who behaves like this get any work at all in Hollywood?! It's not like there isn't another ten thousand actors who could replace him at the drop of a hat.

Sounds like he needs some kind of therapy.

Why does a man who behaves like this get any work at all in Hollywood?! It's not like there isn't another ten thousand actors who could replace him at the drop of a hat.

In regards to Empire, looks like it was mainly do to Lee wanting Taraji and Taraji not doing it unless they got Terrence. They wanted Wesley.

The Beard

Jamie Foxx is going to far with that impersonation!

Here's him following up after the first interview that is slaying everyone with an even better impersonation

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4WGktVDkaA

That radio show is horrendous. How many people do they have in the studio? There's like 5 people talking, yelling, and laughing over each other the whole time. The impression wasn't better because they kept cutting him off to say something stupid or laugh and yell as loud as they could into the mic. The other video was much better.

Cheerilee

So, they cast Howard before casting the star of the film? Howard's crazy ass had enough pull to convince them who to cast? Lol Do you think he convinced them to cast RDJ before or after teaching them that 1x1=2?

But Terrence Howard apparently was cast before RDJ.

Howard had recently come off an Academy Award nomination, while RDJ had recently come out of rehab and was considered a liability in Hollywood. Jon Favreau (the director) wanted RDJ for the role of Tony Stark, but Marvel told Favreau "Under no circumstances are we prepared to hire him for any price." Favreau didn't give up on getting RDJ, and Howard was apparently friends with RDJ, so Howard apparently put in a good word with Marvel (which in his mind means he landed RDJ the gig). Although if Howard says he took a $1 million pay cut to try and get RDJ on board, and Marvel says that never happened, I'm inclined to believe Marvel.

The first movie's contracts stated how much the actors would be paid for the sequels, but they shortsightedly allowed for either side (Marvel or the actors) to pull out. RDJ had been paid peanuts for the first film, but his stock in Hollywood had shot up amazingly high because of it, so when Marvel came along and asked him to do a sequel for the agreed-upon peanuts, RDJ told them to go to hell, and said they could renegotiate his contract to add a few zeroes to his paycheck, or he would pull out. Marvel agreed, because they knew they couldn't make Iron Man 2 without RDJ.

Then Marvel went to Howard, and he had been seriously overpaid for Iron Man 1, he was pretty much useless to the franchise, and Marvel's wallet was hurting because RDJ had just gone to town on it, so they used RDJ's trick against Howard. "We don't care what your existing contract says you should be paid. Renegotiate, or be fired."

Howard refused to renegotiate, and called RDJ expecting him to back him up by threatening to quit if they don't give Howard a better deal, but RDJ had already signed the new contract and used up all his bargaining chips, so he stopped returning Howard's phone calls. In the end, Howard chose to be fired rather than renegotiate his overinflated salary.

gaugebozo

I have this funny idea that he's on this whole 1x1=2 thing because he hasn't realized that addition is already an operation that exists, and he's going to spend the rest of his life reproving the foundational basics of mathematics just to reinvent addition.
I love this comment so much.

Can't wait to see him drax those Terries with his Terryology. Drax... them... sklonst!

Hollywood runs on nepotism. You can be the worst sack of shit, but if you're a name and you have connections people will hand shit to you.

Hahahahaha WOW. Now apparently Sean Penn has filed a $10 million lawsuit for defamation by Lee Daniels for comparing him to Terrence Howard:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...rmott&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

Sean Penn has filed a $10 million defamation lawsuit against Empire creator Lee Daniels. The defamation complaint filed on Tuesday asserts that in Daniels' recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Penn was falsely accused of hitting women by being likened to Empire star Terrence Howard.

"[Terrence] ain't done nothing different than Marlon Brando or Sean Penn, and all of a sudden he's some f—in' demon," Daniels told THR in reference to to Howard's legal troubles. "That's a sign of the time, of race, of where we are right now in America."

I think a lot of the (kindergarten) confusion can be avoided if someone explained to Terrence Howard that multiplication is just counting the number of instances. For example, 5 instances of 3 cars is 15 cars, and 1 instance of 1 apple is 1 apple.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just curious...why is that so hard to believe?

I wouldnt' believe Marvel Entertainment LLC. farther then I could throw them, and since they're a part of Disney, they can't really be thrown at all.

so I don't know why it's hard to believe that they would have screwed T Howard over money, or that he could have helped introduce someone to someone else and 6 degrees of separation intro'd Downey to casting.

If you honestly believe Terrance was "screwed" because of his salary and him taking a salary cut to cast Robert Downey Junior, I have a bridge in the Everglades to sell you.

He had nothing to do with the casting. He can suggest but taking a pay-cut does not work like that. The only time it works if he isn't part of the Screen Actor's Guild like forgetting his name, did in Wolf of Wallstreet so he could work with Scosese and Leo DiCap. on that.

akira28

If you honestly believe Terrance was "screwed" because of his salary and him taking a salary cut to cast Robert Downey Junior, I have a bridge in the Everglades to sell you.

He had nothing to do with the casting. He can suggest but taking a pay-cut does not work like that. The only time it works if he isn't part of the Screen Actor's Guild like forgetting his name, did in Wolf of Wallstreet so he could work with Scosese and Leo DiCap. on that.

Have your people call my people. I'm extremely invested in this Terrence matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom